Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 53 of 282 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    The Weimar Republic was the prelude to something else. Is that what you are predicting for Russia?
    You get my point.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I have no idea what conditions will be offered to Ukraine. I think there will be: neutral status written in constitution, to forbid Nazi ideology and Nazi parties/movements, dropping "Language law" and allowing Russian language, Russian schools, TV in Russian language in provinces where Russians are more than 5% - i.e. local state language.
    You forgot about the recognition of Crimea.

Liked

Although, of course, this is not a negotiation, but a forced surrender.

Liked

Some posts relating to Matt's bar have been moved to the appropriate thread.
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ay-bar-in-Asia

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I have no idea what conditions will be offered to Ukraine. I think there will be: neutral status written in constitution, to forbid Nazi ideology and Nazi parties/movements, dropping "Language law" and allowing Russian language, Russian schools, TV in Russian language in provinces where Russians are more than 5% - i.e. local state language.
    Surely the only language that matters is the official language of this Forum?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

In other news, stories abound all over the internet of how ex Navy Seals, British Special Forces, SAS and so on are heading out to Ukraine to help.
    I'd be surprised if some of the forces you mentioned weren't there from the very beginning.

The shocking level of success Ukraine is having destroying Russian tanks being just one indication of this.

They're using FGM-148 Javelin Missiles for this purpose, and hitting their targets with pin-point accuracy. Not taking anything away from the skill of the Ukrainian soldiers, but typically you see Special Forces involved when this type of cutting-edge weaponry is being using.

What does Putin call this type of support? Isn't it "Separatists"?

Liked

I'm also assuming the real-time, on the ground satellite intelligence regarding Russian troop movements NATO is providing Ukrainian troops with isn't exactly hurting either.

Probably one of the main reasons why Putin began stomping his feet and brought out the nukes.

No Platformed
    Liked

Is there a list if countries (other than the “friends” Russia has bought or bullied over the years) who have announced support for Russia’s actions in Ukraine? Putin has been sucking up to Turkey for some time now but I understand Erdogan has spoken out.

Liked

Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Syria have thrown their support behind Putin publicly.

That's all I know of. Turkey hasn't as of yet, at least not that I know of. Turkey has the ability to close the waterways that connect Russia to the Black Sea as well, but haven't done so even after Ukraine has asked.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Syria have thrown their support behind Putin publicly.

That's all I know of. Turkey hasn't as of yet, at least not that I know of. Turkey has the ability to close the waterways that connect Russia to the Black Sea as well, but haven't done so even after Ukraine has asked.
    Syria is already a client State; I wouldn’t think a couple of banana republics are worth considering