Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 50 of 282 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

On December 16 2021, the UN General Assembly passed its annual resolution on “Combating Glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fueling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance”.

Only 2 countries voted against resolution. Guess who? Ukraine... and US.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Whatever, please don't invade Serbia as well. My video editor lives there, and I like him.
    Do you remember, what Serbia becomes Serbia after EU+US bombed Yugoslavia and destroyed it? There appears few smaller countries after it, one of which is Serbia.

Russia has no intention to invade to Serbia: Serbia supports Russia in this military operation, it is also declared what they are against sanctions. By the way: after 1999 Russian soldiers are heroes in Serbia - they protected Serbians in 1999.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Russian delegation for peace talk is waiting for Ukrainians in Belorussian city Gomel.

My forecast: Ukrainian delegation will keep talks as long as possible (as they did with implementation of the Minsk protocol 8 years) for to give to Ukrainian army to regroup, then they will decline every offer and peace talk will fails.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Russian delegation for peace talk is waiting for Ukrainians in Belorussian city Gomel.
    Yes, and of course just to talk. Or maybe behead, but why get carried away with semantics?

Liked

Oh good, now Putin is putting nuclear forces on high alert.

Liked

Interview of the leader of administration of Henichesk district in Ukraine. Portrait of Putin on the wall. Flags of Russia, Kharkov province and Henichesk district in the corner.

Subtitles are in Russian. Shortly "We are happy to live without nationalists who terrorized our district for 8 years."

Liked

Here Russian govt has no anti-gay politic, but also has no support of gays and has no plans to propagate tolerations. Situation here is close to early 90s of XX century in US: homophobia in religious groups and conservatives, but almost all big city has gay clubs, saunas and bars. Gay places aren't attacked by citizens or police, but at the same time they have no special protection.
    As a gay living in Moscow, I would say that it looks more like the Weimar Republic here, rather than the Stonewall times in the USA. Unlike the USA of that time, we are moving in a completely different direction.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (February 28th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    As a gay living in Moscow, I would say that it looks more like the Weimar Republic here, rather than the Stonewall times in the USA. Unlike the USA of that time, we are moving in a completely different direction.
    Like the Weimar Republic? You mean there are clubs in Moscow like that portrayed in the film Cabaret? As I recall that club mocked the society around it. For the English-speaking world “Berlin means boys” as Stephen Spender wrote. Are you suggesting under “Weimar Republic Moscow” that “Moscow means men?” Sex tours to Russia sounds like a business opportunity to me. I think I read somewhere that the English spy Guy Burgess enjoyed exploring the Moscow gay netherworld of public lavatories where casual sex with many other men was available. Would there be a “Guy Burgess” section in such a tour? What is cruising like in Moscow? Much public sex in parks, for example? Is it like Bangkok where there are plenty of soldiers to be had in the parks near the palace? Are there parks near the Kremlin where young soldiers can be had for a few kopecks? That would be perhaps like St James Park in London, traditional meeting place for willing off-duty young guardsmen

I’m thinking of booking my ticket; you make it sound so attractive. I must check that Aeroflot is still flying from Bangkok

No Platformed
    Liked

Interview of the leader of administration of "]Henichesk district[in Ukraine. Portrait of Putin on the wall. Flags of Russia, Kharkov province and Henichesk district in the corner.

Subtitles are in Russian. Shortly "We are happy to live without nationalists who terrorized our district for 8 years."
    A true hero of the people, like Quisling?

No Platformed
    Liked

My forecast: Ukrainian delegation will keep talks as long as possible (as they did with implementation of the Minsk protocol 8 years) for to give to Ukrainian army to regroup, then they will decline every offer and peace talk will fails.
    Outrageous