Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 272 of 282 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ====The statement, by signed by more than 300 historians who study genocide, Nazism and World War II, said Putin’s rhetoric about de-Nazifying fascists among Ukraine’s elected leadership is “propaganda.====

So, it is Putin made installations of monuments in memory of Shukhevych, who is responsible for deaths of tens thousands Jewish and Polish? Streets were renamed also by Putin's order?
    This posting is in line with your general practice of asking a question that is unrelated to my posting because you can't answer it in any other way.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (July 4th, 2023)

Liked

And, dear, you will get bad position in this dispute, if you will talk about history in 17-19 centuries.

Because I will remind you just one word: slavery. Centuries of slavery for which West is responsible.
    What about the centuries of slavery in Russia, which was a home-grown institution? Have you read "11 - Russian Slavery and Serfdom, 1450–1804, from PART IV - SLAVERY AND SERFDOM IN EASTERN EUROPE, Published online by Cambridge University Press: 28 September 2011 (https://www.cambridge.org/core/books...BFBAADF77BB1): "Slavery, by contrast, was an ancient institution in Russia and effectively was abolished in the 1720s. Serfdom, which began in 1450, evolved into near-slavery in the eighteenth century and was finally abolished in 1906. Serfdom in its Russian variant could not have existed without the precedent and presence of slavery."

Or "The 2018 Global Slavery Index estimates 794,000 people currently living in slavery-like conditions in Russia. This includes forced labor, forced prostitution, debt bondage, forced servile marriage, exploitation of children, and forced prison labor" (Walk Free Foundation. "The Global Slavery Index 2018" (PDF)."

Or "800,000 Modern-Day Slaves Are Living in Russia, Report Says" (https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2018/...rt-says-a62317)

Or "Why is Russia obsessed with slavery? Tibor Szamuely: ‘The Russian Tradition’ BY Christopher Caldwell (https://unherd.com/2022/08/why-is-ru...ith-slavery/): For Szamuely, the central problem in Russian history is slavery. Yes, slavery. Using the word “serf” to describe its put-upon agricultural workers leads us to think of the society as merely backward, quaint, feudal. But this is wrong. Russian slavery was a creation of modernity. Once-free agricultural labourers somehow got buried under debt about 500 years ago, and in the mid-16th century the government bound them to the land, the better to tax them. The owner of the serfs was the state, not the notables on whose land they toiled. There was an equality in this, for the notables were beholden to the state, too. The upper crust owed the tsar military service. Until recent centuries, Russia was one of the rare countries where nobles could be publicly flogged.

And have you forgotten I don't live in the West, so such an attempt to shame me is inappropriate.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (July 4th, 2023)

Liked

=====And have you forgotten I don't live in the West, so such an attempt to shame me is inappropriate.====

I don't care where are you living. I shame you for Nazi advocating and support.

S_2.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Boy second from the right and boy between baldy man's head and arm I so would. I might join if there's hot boy crumpets on offer.

Liked

=====And have you forgotten I don't live in the West, so such an attempt to shame me is inappropriate.====

I don't care where are you living. I shame you for Nazi advocating and support.

S_2.jpg
    There is a difference between pointing out that no-one (including the Israelis) other than Putin and his Russian supporters believes that the Ukrainian government is a Nazi one and "Nazi advocating and support." And more Russian Jews than Ukrainian ones are fleeing to Israel (https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/is...ian-jews-56189.

I believe the image is one you have used before.

And once again you respond to only part of a posting because you know that they rest of it is true.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (July 4th, 2023)

Liked

===And once again you respond to only part of a posting because you know that they rest of it is true.===
    I just continue to point you to the facts what you cannot deny.

Nazi marching by Ukrainian streets, war criminals as Shukhevych have memorials and in memory of them renamed Ukrainian streets.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

[QUOTE=Moses;294944]===And once again you respond to only part of a posting because you know that they rest of it is true.===
    I just continue to point you to the facts what you cannot deny.

Moses, imagine someone saying "the world's tiniest violin" or picture someone playing a violin.

When someone says "the world's tiniest violin" to someone, it is often used to sarcastically express disinterest or lack of sympathy for someone's complaints or misfortunes. It implies that the person's problems are not significant enough to warrant attention or concern. The phrase is often accompanied by a gesture of rubbing the thumb and forefinger together, as if playing a small violin.

Alternatively, someone may mime playing a violin, with the same meaning.

You have harped (another musical expression) on this theme so long that no-one cares. Although such monuments and a single avenue do exist, they do not justify an unprovoked invasion of a sovereign state, especially when the invading forces use neo-Nazi mercenary armies (Wagner Group and its Sabotage Assault Reconnaissance Group (DShRG) "Rusich" (Russian: Диверсионно-штурмовая разведывательная группа «Русич» unit) as part of the invading forces.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (July 4th, 2023)

Liked

Reading these comments takes me back to my old college days. Dragonman, did you ever teach or lecture? I enjoy your knowledge and the skill in which you expound your arguments. On another note, I anxiously await Ukraine's complete and decisive victory over Russia and her allies. Slava Ukraine forever!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Reading these comments takes me back to my old college days. Dragonman, did you ever teach or lecture? I enjoy your knowledge and the skill in which you expound your arguments. On another note, I anxiously await Ukraine's complete and decisive victory over Russia and her allies. Slava Ukraine forever!
    Dax, thanks for your comment. The answer to your question is that I was a university full professor till recently, and that old habits die hard. Getting postgraduate master's and doctoral students (and sometimes even stubborn colleagues) to THINK about what they are reading, writing or saying, and then to be able to argue based on facts, and not on opinions, biases, or prejudices, was one of the best parts of the job.

With regard to the second part of your posting on the present Russo-Ukrainian situation, I deplore the unnecessary deaths and injuries on both sides. As is usual in most wars, it is not the politicians who hid away in bunkers kilometres behind the front lines who make the ultimate sacrifice, but the poor conscripts who lack the means to avoid conscription.

Every day that the war drags on is one day too many.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (July 4th, 2023)

Liked

====Dax, thanks for your comment. The answer to your question is that I was a university full professor till recently, and that old habits die hard. Getting postgraduate master's and doctoral students (and sometimes even stubborn colleagues) to THINK about what they are reading, writing or saying, and then to be able to argue based on facts, and not on opinions, biases, or prejudices, was one of the best parts of the job.====

Unless you are graduated in political science or study Russia, your knowledges are useless in this dispute.

More over: your habit to deny simple facts whet current regime in Ukraine admire and glorify Nazi and nationalism, make doubtful your skills in dispute.

Shame on Nazi protectors.

original.jpg

ukr-171021-bandera-06.jpg

1403436154321.8516.jpg

1578744639_e-news.su_14360863671unso-1536x1081.jpg