Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 256 of 282 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Zelensky was recently named "Person of the Year" as shown on the front cover of the prestigious Time Magazine. This comes at a time when Putin holds the honors of being the most hated and disrespected "Person of the Year".

Gee, I wonder which one will win!

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (December 24th, 2022), Ruthrieston (December 24th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Zelensky was recently named "Person of the Year" as shown on the front cover of the prestigious Time Magazine. This comes at a time when Putin holds the honors of being the most hated and disrespected "Person of the Year".

Gee, I wonder which one will win!
    Putin already was there in 2007.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

I am certain he will make it again in a far different capacity...

5. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 24th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, he was acknowledged by Time Magazine 20 years ago for helping to guide Russia out of the state of total chaos that existing in Russia during that period. It was also known that Putin was a dangerous man - where democratic values like freedom of speech and other basic civil liberties would be non-existent under his rule. He gave Russia "stability" during chaotic times but lacked the vision and/or experience to lead Russia into the new millenium with modern forward-thinking based on democratic values. Russia is paying the price for that right now.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (December 25th, 2022)

Liked

Russia is paying the price for that right now.
    Yeah. Got territories.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah. Got territories.
    Having temporary possession of territory that belongs to someone else - in exchange for 100,000 dead Russian soldiers and total isolation from the Free World doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.

The percentage of Russians who would agree with what I just said is growing exponentially.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Andy (December 26th, 2022), dab69 (December 26th, 2022), Ruthrieston (December 26th, 2022)

Liked

==== Having temporary possession of territory that belongs to someone else ===
    Yeah.
    NATO member Turkey already 50 years has in "temporary possession" Northern Cyprus.
    NATO member UK already more than 100 years has in "temporary possession" land on the same Cyprus
    NATO member US has in "temporary possession" Guantanamo on Cuba island

==== in exchange for 100,000 dead Russian soldiers ====
    You should say 1.000.000, why you stopped only on 100.000?

==== total isolation from the Free World ====

"Total isolation" you said? It sounds funny, first of all because you even can't count how many exemptions already made "Free World" from sanctions. Grain, fertilizers, gas, oil, titanium.. you may count... How you may call it "total" without keeping fingers crossed?

Speaking of this propagandist template "Free World": if 39 of 198 countries are "free world", then how you will call rest 159? "World which is exploited by Free World"? "Our colonies"?

You know, what it is "Free" from? From conscience.
    2 nuclear bombing of civilians
    X.000.000 victims in Vietnam
    X.000.000 victims in Afghanistan
    X00.000 victims in Iraq
    X00.000 victims in Yugoslavia
    X00.000 victims in Syria
    X00.000 victims in Libya
    no one year without war somewhere on planet without leading one of countries from your "Free world" list at past 100 years.

The percentage of Russians who would agree with what I just said is growing exponentially.
    Maybe. And already is over 2%? Besides "exponentially" you should take in count time in which function grows twice. Number of Putin's approval flows here btw 60 and 70% from week to week.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

realise im repeating myself but all i can think of is the waste....beauriful young men being led to slaughter...stick a Russian next to a Ukrainian and I cant tell the diff...what a stupid war...

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andy (December 26th, 2022), Dodger (December 26th, 2022)

Liked

Number of Putin's approval flows here btw 60 and 70% from week to week.
    See how much I know from politics. I thought Putin was a dictator. See, I was under the impression that you were not allowed to demonstrate and even saying that Russia is in a war could get you in deep trouble.

Happy to hear that it is all just western propaganda and Russia is right where they want to be.

Speaking of propaganda. You can't make this up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fo65r9AuCw

15. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (December 26th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    See how much I know from politics. I thought Putin was a dictator. See, I was under the impression that you were not allowed to demonstrate and even saying that Russia is in a war could get you in deep trouble.

Happy to hear that it is all just western propaganda and Russia is right where they want to be.

Speaking of propaganda. You can't make this up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fo65r9AuCw
    Well, nobody spoke about freedom of speech here in that topic above yet. I easy will agree with facts, what here exists censorship. Less than in Ukraine, but still exists.

At least here are forbidden only 3 parties: 1 - well known CPSU (from USSR, forbidden in early 90s) and 2 ultra nationalistic parties. No one media channel was closed by order. Some were closed by economical reasons - advertisers stopped to cooperate with them, or were bought by loyal to Kremlin companies.

Loyalty of public to Putin has roots in economical sphere - median and average personal incomes at time of his ruling grew 4-5 times. I told it many times: on presidential elections here nobody wants to make fake voting - stocked kitchen refrigerators vote for him successfully every time.