Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 238 of 282 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

For anyone interested, Jake Tapper got an exclusive with President Biden regarding the Ukraine war. It's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpzMfAKN9aQ

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

Could you please point me on your anti-war posts about Ukrainian bombing of Donetsk and Lugansk during 2014-2021 years?
    I thought I just did.

Liked

That you ignores fact what Russian actions are response for almost 8 years of Ukrainian bombing of Donetsk and Luhansk, of 8 years of genocide Russians at the East of Ukraine. There was Minsk agreement which Ukraine didn't implement. Well, now they have what they have...

I told about "soft hands", you didn't believe. Now in 2 days 30% of Ukrainian energy system became ruins. I hope lesson is learned. If not - then they still have 70% more. Don't. Tease. Russian. Bear.
    i don't ignore it because those eight years covered the period when ethnic Russian separatists attempted to unite the Ukrainian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk with the Russian Federation which was assisting the citizens of another country with special forces, and deniable military advisors. It was not just Ukraine that did not observe the 2014 Minsk agreement 's provisions of prisoner exchanges, deliveries of humanitarian aid and the withdrawal of heavy weapons. The agreement quickly broke down because there were violations by both sides.

"Six years of genocide of Russians" is a Russian lie, as determined by the International Criminal Court - "Adjudge and declare that the Russian Federation cannot lawfully take any action under the Genocide Convention in or against Ukraine aimed at preventing or punishing an alleged genocide, on the basis of its false claims of genocide in the Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts of Ukraine (https://newlinesinstitute.org/wp-con...ish-Report.pdf). You are repeating Putin's propaganda, something that you repeatedly claim that other do while doing it itlself in every post you make.

I see little difference between Ukraine's attempts to retake their territory and the Russian Federation's various attempts in the Chechen wars and its other 2009-2017 Caucasus wars with Ingushetia, etc.

I never said that I didn't believe your "soft hands" comment as I had read up the record of Colonel General Sergey Surovikin and his history in Syria. I am sure the war will end as he deserves.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (October 13th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

For anyone interested, Jake Tapper got an exclusive with President Biden regarding the Ukraine war. It's here:
    Biden sounds like an idiot and needs to retire.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    i don't ignore it because those eight years covered the period when ethnic Russian separatists attempted to unite the Ukrainian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk with the Russian Federation which was assisting the citizens of another country with special forces, and deniable military advisors. It was not just Ukraine that did not observe the 2014 Minsk agreement 's provisions of prisoner exchanges, deliveries of humanitarian aid and the withdrawal of heavy weapons. The agreement quickly broke down because there were violations by both sides.

"Six years of genocide of Russians" is a Russian lie, as determined by the International Criminal Court - "Adjudge and declare that the Russian Federation cannot lawfully take any action under the Genocide Convention in or against Ukraine aimed at preventing or punishing an alleged genocide, on the basis of its false claims of genocide in the Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts of Ukraine (https://newlinesinstitute.org/wp-con...ish-Report.pdf). You are repeating Putin's propaganda, something that you repeatedly claim that other do while doing it itlself in every post you make.

I see little difference between Ukraine's attempts to retake their territory and the Russian Federation's various attempts in the Chechen wars and its other 2009-2017 Caucasus wars with Ingushetia, etc.

I never said that I didn't believe your "soft hands" comment as I had read up the record of Colonel General Sergey Surovikin and his history in Syria. I am sure the war will end as he deserves.
    I lost 2 relatives in this "false genocide" and "propaganda".
    You are sitting in the middle of nowhere and explaining me what's going on in Ukraine?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I lost 2 relatives in this "false genocide" and "propaganda".
    You are sitting in the middle of nowhere and explaining me what's going on in Ukraine?
    And where are you?

8. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (October 13th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post

And where are you?
    You must have hit a nerve.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    You must have hit a nerve.
    No. It just not worth to answer.

I can read Russian and Ukrainian, have relatives on both side of border, including Crimea, receive information from both sides daily. What he can contrast to it? Propaganda from filtered Western news? Biden-Alzheimer messages what Russian economy is totally destroyed because of sanctions and currency rate is 200:1?

Yesterday "The Economist" "As Europe falls into recession, Russia climbs out"

These days Russians do not have much to boast about, so they take what they can get. Social-media trolls are posting videos, intended for European audiences, showing gas stoves left on full blast. What might cost hundreds of euros in Berlin comes to a few roubles in Moscow. The taunting is childish, but it hints at a deeper truth: the economic war between Russia and the West is at a delicate moment. While Europe teeters on the brink of recession, Russia is emerging from one.
    Note: prices for gas are different btw regions, but for example in Moscow price is $0.95 per month with no limits in amount of gas. Yes, less than $1 per month and no limits. Prices are "per person". So if in apts are living father+mother+son, then they will pay $2.85 in total per month. If in apts aren't centralized hot water supply and family uses boiler for water heat, then price per month will be $1.15 per person.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

You state that you "have relatives on both side of border, including Crimea, receive information from both sides daily." So you rely on family gossip for your information?

You missed two important sentences in the report: (1) "Despite these difficulties, the recession has probably now come to an end," and (2) nor do you mention how increased budgetary spending will affect those living inside Russian territory - "the budget implies large increases in war-related spending in the coming years—particularly on internal “security”.

The article relies, in part, on data from Goldman-Sachs: "Goldman Sachs, a bank, produces a “current-activity indicator”, which suggests how economies are doing from month to month. The data indicate that Russian activity is quite a bit livelier than it is in big European countries." Just remember that Goldman-Sachs doesn't always get its data right. For example, following its involvement in securitization during the US subprime mortgage crisis, it suffered during the financial crisis of 2007–2008, and received a $10 billion investment from the United States Department of the Treasury as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program.

The rest of your response merely repeats what you have posted many, many times before, suggesting you are running out of good things to say about the present position of the ordinary Russian in the Federation today.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Putin seems to be gradually taking a more resigned position (I think) and has been recently quoted as saying things like; "he doen't want to destroy Ukraine...no more mass bombings are necessary...all his strategic targets have been hit...and he's open to negotiations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-say...133121369.html

Always the optimist, I'm hoping that this thing can be coming to some sort of end soon.

I have to imagine that Putin (and the West) knows that playing the "Nuclear Card" just isn't an option...not for anyone. That said, the only other option, at least the way I see things, is for some kind of compromise to be reached.

Persoanlly, and I say this knowing that many would vehemently disagree, Ukraine should just agree to let Russia have Crimea and a slice of those other eastern regions and call it a day. Of course Putin would have to agree to any/all other conquests into neighboring Ukraine and acknowledge the fact that Ukraine is a free nation and can do as it choses going forward - and that would include joining NATO or any other alliance of its choosing.

Too many people are dying...too much destruction...too much risk for western Europe, as well as the citizens of Russia (and beyond). It's time to drive a stake in the ground and allow the World to refocus its energies and finances on saving the Planet from Global Warming before we're all dead.

Here's hoping!

13. User who gave Like to post:

Andy (October 15th, 2022)