Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 22 of 282 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty confident this is called Putin getting put in his place on the world stage.
    sure, sure... and proof of putting to the place is Canadian evacuation of diplomat families from Ukraine...

don't stop to dream, you don't need facts, Matt

but right now US destroys equipment in US embassy in the capital of Ukraine - Kyev, embassy is closed (Canadian is also closed)
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2015012.html

If it is "to put in his place" then OK... as you say
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

All that proves is the Western governments think Putin is mentally unstable and unpredictable, so better safe than sorry.

Liked

All that proves is the Western governments think Putin is mentally unstable and unpredictable, so better safe than sorry.
    as you wish

but fact is: Ukraine is now in panic and that panic has been created by American and European mouths. Ukraine is now in deepest financial crisis and that crisis has been created by American and European hands - even Ukrainian money are cheaper 12% just in one week - good time for Russia to buy Ukrainian goods.

Level of support of current Ukrainian president is around 20% (75% 2 years ago), and his party now is on 4th place (1st 2 years ago), absolute majority in parliament now will be changed to few back seats at 2023. Looks like somebody confused presidents in attempts "to put in his place"
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

And you can think what you want...

Planned Russian invasion of Ukraine was averted, Ukraine's territorial sovereignty remains intact, NATO's united resolve received a huge boost, and more than likely Ukraine will still become a NATO member sometime in the near future.

In turn, Russia spent a bunch of money to piss off ~130,000 soldiers by moving them close to the Ukraine border, and making them hang out in the cold winter weather before sending them back home without doing anything.

Liked

Planned Russian invasion of Ukraine was averted
    You forgot: declared by US "planned invasion'. Even Ukrainian president and Ukrainian minister of defense says that there is no sign of planned invasion.

What I can say? Biden is very old and probably has sometimes weird dreams.

In turn, Russia spent a bunch of money to piss off ~130,000 soldiers by moving them close to the Ukraine border, and making them hang out in the cold winter weather before sending them back home without doing anything.
    well, I don't want to guess how much that panic will cost to American tax payers, to Canadian, British and so on... And if we will talk about Ukraine, then financial loss from American panic will cost to it more than cost of sanctions to Russia. It looks like joke - Russia is announced as aggressor, but flight are canceled to Ukraine, investors ran from Ukraine, embassies are closed in Ukraine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You forgot: declared by US "planned invasion'. Even Ukrainian president and Ukrainian minister of defense says that there is no sign of planned invasion.
    So if myself and 20 other people all armed with automatic weapons showed up in front of your house and stared at you while saying, "dont worry, we're not here to break in" you would believe me?

Liked

So if myself and 20 other people all armed with automatic weapons showed up in front of your house and stared at you while saying, "dont worry, we're not here to break in" you would believe me?
    So, if my crazy aunt will call me from opposite side of the city and cry what there are 20 armed people in front of my house - I will take a look to the window first.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In code-red situations foreign embassy's can be completely closed and gutted in less than 48 hours. It takes less time than that to reopen them again when the green light is given.

Regardless of why Putin is withdrawing his troops. it's just a good thing he is. I'm sure the soldiers on both sides of the border are feeling a great sense of relief...not to mention the civilians who are trying to raise their families and live normal lives.

It's easy for armchair quarterbacks to sit back and cheer their sides to victory - without having the foggiest clue what mortal combat really entails. Ironically, those who have served in the military, especially those with combat experience, tend to take a more subdued position.

Liked

So, if my crazy aunt will call me from opposite side of the city and cry what there are 20 armed people in front of my house - I will take a look to the window first.

Yes, that's kind of why this whole shitshow happened. Everyone looked out the window, and instead of seeing barren land as they normally would, they seen 130,000 armed Russian soldiers who are normally living close to their bases further inland in Russia.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

PUTIN..... He always get what he wants.

US offered to sign agreement about rockets ....... You know: sometimes you may win war without to start it. Modern war doesn't need invasion.
    But hang on surely you said the Russians weren't doing ANYTHING and this was all western fabrication and you simply had your own troops stationed in your own Country and the west was making this all up !

So are you saying now that "actually" yes it was all smart tactics of "war" ( but without war) by Putin after all and it wasn't just your own troops moving around and just sitting around in your own Country after all as you'd suggested to us ???

You wouldn't ever be telling lies to us now by any chance Moses would you ?? lol :-)