FAQ & Help
Page 21 of 282 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It is wrong question.

Right question: if Ukraine will break Minsk protocol and will try to eliminate Russian population in the East of Ukraine, will citizens of Russia support counter strike? Answer is yes.
    Thank you for your response. That answered my question.

Russia certainly has an interesting history.

Just imagine how wonderful this World would be without all this conflict.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (February 15th, 2022)

Liked

We have a joke saying - Russian citizens who behaved badly will become Russians again in the next life ;-) Unlike the utterly patriotic Moses, I share the position of our great poet Alexander Pushkin, who said: "Of course, I despise my fatherland from head to toe - but it annoys me if a foreigner shares this feeling with me."

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 16th, 2022), Dodger (February 15th, 2022), francois (February 14th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    We have a joke saying - Russian citizens who behaved badly will become Russians again in the next life ;-) Unlike the utterly patriotic Moses, I share the position of our great poet Alexander Pushkin, who said: "Of course, I despise my fatherland from head to toe - but it annoys me if a foreigner shares this feeling with me."
    At least you didn't add me to cohort of Putin's adepts. Thank you ))
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...at times like this i stuggle to believe there is a God...
    There's a good reason for that ........being that there isn't one and all....

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The only saying I know about Russians is that the only way to see the difference between the men and the women is that the women plait the hair under their arms

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This installed by USA regime isn't popular within population on the East of Ukraine.s was documented, rape and torture.
    Just on the above.

Firstly, you say the current government, headed by Zelenskyy, was “installed” by the USA. However, most impartial observers thought the Ukrainian presidential election of 2019 was a reasonably free and fair. Not perfect, but pretty good for the region.

But whatever doubts there may have been about that election, every unbiased observer believes that it was far more fair than the last Russian election that gave Putin another term.

So it is a bit rich for a pro-Russia poster to be throwing shade to Ukraine on the matter of democratic legitimacy of the regime.

Secondly, Zelenskyy might not be overly popular with Russian speakers in eastern Ukraine, but in the election of 2019 he did better in eastern Ukraine than the incumbent, Poroshenko.

(Obviously, when I say eastern Ukraine, I mean minus the breakaway Luhansk/Dometsk areas, but that was not by choice of the Ukraine government).

Results from the election show that Poroshenko did best in western Ukraine, where there are more Ukrainian speakers.

Perhaps Russian speakers in eastern Ukraine were holding their nose and voting for the least worst option,but a larger proportion of the voters (in the second round) in eastern Ukraine got their favourite candidate elected, than in Ukrainian speaking western Ukraine.

So the Russian speakers are not completely politically powerless in Ukraine.
    Last edited by RonanTheBarbarian; February 15th, 2022 at 04:13. Reason: grammar

9. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 16th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    what a waste...stunningly beautiful men led to death...at times like this i stuggle to believe there is a God...
    As the body bags return to Russia from Ukraine the memory of the Afghanistan adventure will return to the Russian population

Liked

And sure enough, as expected, Russia is withdrawing soldiers back to their bases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuMAPRE1PZs

Putin bluffed, NATO called him out on his bluff, hence now Putin is going home with his tail between his legs. I think he was hoping for more of a Crimea type response, but when NATO came out so united, he changed his mind about the invasion.

Moses, what was this about Putin always gets what he wants?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Moses, what was this about Putin always gets what he wants?
    He always get what he wants.

US offered to sign agreement about rockets of small and middle radius, that they quit at times of Trump, US offered to Russians to check NATO bases in Poland and Romania. US and UK already withdrew military instructors from Ukraine. Most of countries closed embassies in Ukraine.

Because of US and EU hysteria about invasion economy of Ukraine is totally on the knees: investors took money back, credit bank rates for Ukraine are unbelievable high, all European leaders now pushing Ukraine to compile with Minsk protocol - thing what Russia had no chance to dream at past 8 years, moreover: US and UK now pushing Ukraine to give autonomy to east region and with probability of 90% it will lead to current regime failure.

Last Ukrainian parliament session failed because there were only 24 members of 440, rest ran in panic, even flight companies canceled flights to Ukraine, and insurance companies withdrew insurance for Ukrainian aircrafts, so aircrafts today are located in Spain instead of flying in Ukrainian sky.

You know: sometimes you may win war without to start it. Modern war doesn't need invasion.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

13. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (February 20th, 2022)

Liked

Nah, I'm pretty confident this is called Putin getting put in his place on the world stage.