Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 20 of 282 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

The last taxi I was using in Russia had a baseball bat in the front drivers side door pocket.

I will concede that Russian tax rates are appealing.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    The last taxi I was using in Russia had a baseball bat in the front drivers side door pocket.
    Let me guess: ride was about 10 years ago or before.

Right now we have here Uber, Yandex, DiDi, Bla-Bla car (pickup service when you can join car owner in travel as a companion and will cover 1/2 of fuel, for example $25 to Sankt-Petersburg from Moscow). And a lot of car sharing companies (take car from the street, drop car on the street). There is no more "airport taxi mafia" (what is bat to fight against), even private black market almost does not exists.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 13th, 2022), francois (February 13th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    He must have recognised you
    I will concede that Russian tax rates are appealing .
    In a kleptocracy?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Russia now has enough power to pay by the same coins.
    No, they don't. Russia has a GDP of ~$1.48 trillion USD with a population of 145 million people. In contrast, Canada which is a nobody in terms of power on the world stage has a GDP of approximately $1.73 trillion USD with a population of ~37 million people.

GDP of just the US, EU and Canada combined is about $43 trillion/year. Comparing that to Russia as if they're on the same level is just a tad delusional.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Moses, in your opinion, do the majority of Russian people support an invasion of Ukraine, or oppose it?

Reading some of your comments it's become clear that Russia has progressed over the years to becoming a very modern and progressive society, but, as we all know, young people in general view "war" as being a systemic breakdown in humanity and don't come anywhere close to supporting this option.

I've been assuming that the whole World prefers a diplomatic solution versus watching thousands or tens of thousands of people losing their lives because of political ideologies, but honestly, I can't get a read on how the Russian people themselves feel about this.

Your opinion on this would be appreciated.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Moses, in your opinion, do the majority of Russian people support an invasion of Ukraine, or oppose it?

Reading some of your comments it's become clear that Russia has progressed over the years to becoming a very modern and progressive society, but, as we all know, young people in general view "war" as being a systemic breakdown in humanity and don't come anywhere close to supporting this option.

I've been assuming that the whole World prefers a diplomatic solution versus watching thousands or tens of thousands of people losing their lives because of political ideologies, but honestly, I can't get a read on how the Russian people themselves feel about this.

I see the propaganda ideals of Lenin are alive and well

Forum's veteran
    Liked

what a waste...stunningly beautiful men led to death...at times like this i stuggle to believe there is a God...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

It is wrong question.

Right question: if Ukraine will break Minsk protocol and will try to eliminate Russian population in the East of Ukraine, will citizens of Russia support counter strike? Answer is yes.

Like it was in Georgia in 2008: Russia slept until Saakashvilli lost his mind and started fire. Everything has been finished in 3 days after it.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

10. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (February 14th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    No, they don't. Russia has a GDP of ~$1.48 trillion USD with a population of 145 million people. In contrast, Canada which is a nobody in terms of power on the world stage has a GDP of approximately $1.73 trillion USD with a population of ~37 million people.

GDP of just the US, EU and Canada combined is about $43 trillion/year. Comparing that to Russia as if they're on the same level is just a tad delusional.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_by_GDP_(PPP)

1644833594(1).png

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 15th, 2022)

Liked

About half of year ago Ukraine started "Civil resistance" program. They distributing weapons among trusted civilian citizens (origination from West of Ukraine, Ukrainian by ethnicity, formerly Ukrainian army solders, nationalists).

Week ago there has been published news what this program failed in Kharkov, Dnipro, Odessa regions - they can't find people who accept weapon for to fight for current nationalists government. All 3 regions are around current unrest area at the East - Kharkov is laying on the North from it, Dnipro on the west and Odessa on the South. All 3 has huge (not majority but around 35-40%) Russian populations.

This installed by USA regime isn't popular within population on the East of Ukraine.

It is like it was in March 2014 - current "separatists" took power almost without fight - all security services (police, gendarmerie, army) just dissolved because they were formed from locals. All fight started only in June 2014 when nationalist and Nazi battalions from west (like "Azov" is) arrived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion neo-Nazism ideology, in UN reports: mass looting of civilian homes was documented, rape and torture.