Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 187 of 282 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Here is report on capitulation with photos and videos. It is published in Russian "Komsomolskaya pravda" newspaper - private owned, but still quite propagandist.

URL to Goggle translated version in English

Some quotes:

The Nazis did not apologize, they were not afraid, but they could not look us in the eye. The enemy at Azovstal began to surrender
    The strangers were all with weapons, however, machine guns were thrown behind their backs, pistols in buttoned holsters. The "Azovites" reached the exit from the yard and stopped in some confusion. In front of them stretched the floodplain of the River, delightful in its greenery and width. And on the other side of Naberezhny Prospekt, the Sarmat restaurant nestled. Those who left the factory were, without exaggeration, shocked by the view. One of the strangers exhaled: "Oh, now would be a barbecue!"/
    THEY didn't look into the asphalt, but they didn't look into our eyes either. All young, up to twenty and a little more. Very cool gear, everyone. But the weapon is the same - our eternal Kalashnikov. They weren't dirty, they weren't haggard and scared. Rather tense. So far, they had all the required stripes - from yellow-black flags to "Azov" chevrons
    18-year-old "Azov" Nazar from Lviv broke away from another mine and for the first time in many months I heard the Ukrainian language live:

- Ztokhnuvshi people with people ... (pushed people with people, in Ukrainian)

Dmitro noticed that “everyone got along just fine” and said that he was from Mariupol. But Vlad did not agree here:

- I am from Poltava, I left to fight in the fourteenth year, because I understood that I could not get along there. Here we all speak Russian. And they spread rot on the Russian, they adopted a bunch of laws!

Dmitro squeezed out:

- Well, yes.
    An hour later, the first batch of “zahistniks” left the factory. Before passing under the tracks, they tore off their sweaty armor, threw off their helmets and weapons, and went into captivity. They didn't feel defeated, more like losers. Lost one battle. And yet, they believed in our mercy and knew for sure that they would not shoot their legs and gouge out their eyes. How did the "Azov" with our prisoners.
    1652953952(1).jpg
    One of the surrendering Nazis wears the chevron of the SS division "Galicia" on his right hand. The other is a stylization of the emblem of the 3rd SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf". Denazification as it is. Well, fascism, which is not in Ukraine. Photo: Dmitry STESHIN
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

https://vk.com/video-133441491_456259200 - fresh 2 min video without any comments.

New numbers: to 10am today already 1730 soldiers from Azovstal are capitulated. Total number expected to be 2500 after end of capitulation.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    1. Turkey isn't EU, so nobody cares
    2. Russia already maintained own Air safety register and list, and it is recognized by Turkey, so everything still is in order: certificates are valid. Russian certificates.
    3. Yes, names of companies aren't pronounced: there are a lot of companies in Russia, why he should list them in short message?
    4. "Cristal clear" lie: all aircrafts became "not safe" in one day, for sure it is "technical and safety ground", no politic and pressure here. .
    Typical responses.

It is one thing in principle to agree to increase the number of flights between two countries, but in practice it is more difficult because only a certain number of take-off and landing slots per hour for each runway. Thus, one of the problems for airlines is the availability, timing, and cost of such slots, which can cost millions of US dollars each. The average cost of a landing slot at London Heathrow Airport, for example, was around USD 2.5 million (https://www.iba.aero/insight/what-is...december-2019/). Istanbul Airport is already the busiest in Europe and the world's second busiest, so I expect the competition for new slots will be fierce - and their cost increasing.

The other problem is the availability and cost of all the other airport services an.airline uses, e.g., check-in counters, arrival/departure gates, and so on. The list of tariffs for Turkey's airports' services for 2022 runs to more than 60 pages (https://www.istairport.com/tr/busine...fesi-en-v2.pdf). Of course, these tariffs are factored into ticket prices, but the landing/take-off slots must be purchased first for a scheduled airline.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    Typical responses.

It is one thing in principle to agree to increase the number of flights between two countries, but in practice it is more difficult because only a certain number of take-off and landing slots per hour for each runway. Thus, one of the problems for airlines is the availability, timing, and cost of such slots, which can cost millions of US dollars each. The average cost of a landing slot at London Heathrow Airport, for example, was around USD 2.5 million (https://www.iba.aero/insight/what-is...december-2019/). Istanbul Airport is already the busiest in Europe and the world's second busiest, so I expect the competition for new slots will be fierce - and their cost increasing.

The other problem is the availability and cost of all the other airport services an.airline uses, e.g., check-in counters, arrival/departure gates, and so on. The list of tariffs for Turkey's airports' services for 2022 runs to more than 60 pages (https://www.istairport.com/tr/busine...fesi-en-v2.pdf). Of course, these tariffs are factored into ticket prices, but the landing/take-off slots must be purchased first for a scheduled airline.
    It is irrelevant reply, since in 2019 when Turkey has been visited by 7 mln Russians such heavy air traffic already has been achieved without problems.

You can easy check it in calculator: 7000000 / 51(week)/(average capacity of 1 aircraft) and then multiplicate to season coefficient for summer (something btw 2 and 3, because much more tourists prefer to visit Turkey at summer weeks) - you will find what at peak weeks traffic was above 800 flights per week.

By the way: have you heard about new Istanbul airport with 5 runways? It may serve now up to 75 mln passengers per year and after completion in 2025 will have 8 sets of runways and will have capacity to serve 150 mln passengers per year - the same amount what all 6 London's airports have together. Flightradar24 shows what even now "next 7 days scheduled" in IST is 4140+ flights , and for LHR (Heathrow) that number is 4024.

Liked

Moses, I'm still totally dumbfounded as to how you're a supporter of this war. For example, I along with many others were absolutely sickened when Bush and his cronies invaded Iraq, and believe him along with Cheney, Rumsfield, Wolfowitz and so on should currently be sitting in the Hague.

The fact that you'll just blindly support this war because it happens to be waged by Russia is beyond me. You do realize that at the end of the decade, this doesn't bode well for Russia, right? You do know the Russian people are currently shooting themselves in the foot by waging this war, right? In about 5 years time, you guys are going to wake up and realize you're now a poverty stricken wasteland that is nothing more than the world's natural resource depot.

There will be no winners here, only destruction, heartache, and loss of life. And for absolutely no reason. Why you would ever be in support of this is beyond me. I was totally against the Iraq invasion, remember even participating in some anti-war protests, and somewhat got involved in a group. Didn't pan out, but nonetheless.
    are

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (May 20th, 2022), Ruthrieston (May 20th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Moses, I'm still totally dumbfounded as to how you're a supporter of this war. For example, I along with many others were absolutely sickened when Bush and his cronies invaded Iraq, and believe him along with Cheney, Rumsfield, Wolfowitz and so on should currently be sitting in the Hague.

The fact that you'll just blindly support this war because it happens to be waged by Russia is beyond me. You do realize that at the end of the decade, this doesn't bode well for Russia, right? You do know the Russian people are currently shooting themselves in the foot by waging this war, right? In about 5 years time, you guys are going to wake up and realize you're now a poverty stricken wasteland that is nothing more than the world's natural resource depot.

There will be no winners here, only destruction, heartache, and loss of life. And for absolutely no reason. Why you would ever be in support of this is beyond me. I was totally against the Iraq invasion, remember even participating in some anti-war protests, and somewhat got involved in a group. Didn't pan out, but nonetheless.
    are
    Sorry Matt, "blindly support" - is about you. And here I not meant your physical limitations. How much relatives you have in Ukraine and may ask them about situation? How much of them were killed by nationalist at East Ukraine at past 8 years? If your answer will be "zero" and "zero" then is better for you to read carefully what I'm posting here.

From the beginning, far before start of "hot time" - from my predictions what that conflict will push Russia much more close to China, what this conflict will have Ukraine not as a subject, but as a object, what EU and US will be not able to exclude Russia from global World economy.

Do you remember all that bullshit that you gladly bring here? About ruble "soon 200 per 1 dollar"? About default twice in March and twice in April? About European gas embargo, what I told from beginning - is not possible in nearest 3-4 years (at least). About European oil embargo promised already about 10 time until 2 days ago European Commission accepted what it is failed.

Don't read these BBC, CNN or FOX. Look for data at World Bank statistic, at statista site, at tradeconomic site. And for sure don't trust any Ukrainian news - they are 100% bullshit - agony of dying regime.

And: I don't support war. I support elimination of Nazi.

Liked

And: I don't support war. I support elimination of Nazi.
    Ok then. How about the Russian children? Do you support them, and want them to live a good life? You know, the ones who are currently about 12 years old or so.

You do know that due to this war, they're going to have a much more difficult time in life now, right? I'm sorry, and I'm not happy to say this, but this does not end well for Russia.

I'm still perplexed as to why you're in support of this.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Im just sad, two beautiful people slaughtering one another....and lets stop saying "Russians"...lets say "Putins minions"....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Maybe we here aren't "sickened" because our "Iraq" is laying just behind Russian border and many of us have relatives in "Iraq", some of they are already killed at past 8 years by totally crazy from nationalistic ideas and propaganda "Iraqis"?

After 09/11 where died 2977 persons, coalition of US, UK, AU and Poland made Mosul flatten as desert.

DEzgpP4WAAUdl2V.jpg

xxmosul-ss-slide-Y3MM-superJumbo.jpg

In East Ukraine died over 16000 Russians... tell me, what do you expect from Russia?

Liked

It is irrelevant reply, since in 2019 when Turkey has been visited by 7 mln Russians such heavy air traffic already has been achieved without problems.

You can easy check it in calculator: 7000000 / 51(week)/(average capacity of 1 aircraft) and then multiplicate to season coefficient for summer (something btw 2 and 3, because much more tourists prefer to visit Turkey at summer weeks) - you will find what at peak weeks traffic was above 800 flights per week.

By the way: have you heard about new Istanbul airport with 5 runways? It may serve now up to 75 mln passengers per year and after completion in 2025 will have 8 sets of runways and will have capacity to serve 150 mln passengers per year - the same amount what all 6 London's airports have together. Flightradar24 shows what even now "next 7 days scheduled" in IST is 4140+ flights , and for LHR (Heathrow) that number is 4024.
    I am aware of Turkey's new international airport as I have flown into and out of both it and the old one. I also noted it was already the busiest in Europe and the world's second busiest.

Nothing in your response negates my comments about competition for landing and take-off slots as Russian airline companies serving routes to Istanbul (Aeroflot, Azimuth, Azur, Nordwind, Pegas Fly, Pobeda, Rossiya, and Ural, and charters like RedWing) are in competition with other airlines for such slots, whether it has five runways or eight. This is also true for summer months, when tourists from other countries like to visit Turkey. After all, it is the problem of increasing competition that drives countries to build larger airports.

I also know that the "150 million passengers annually" is usually qualified as "should ultimately serve" (e.g., https://centreforaviation.com/analys...terests-172557). I believe that, in English, this conditional clause is suggesting that something is unlikely or not particularly probable - like Putin believing Russia should easily subdue the Ukrainians.