Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 153 of 282 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Azovstal has deep underground facilities. Offer to load down weapon and surrender was in action till 3 pm local time. Now Tu-22 with 3-5 kilotons bombs in anti-bunker variant are on their way to Azovstal. Tomorrow it will be flat desert.
    Who would trust Russians who will just murder them if they surrender?
    Might as well kill a few more generals on your way out...
    What happened to the ship that offered Snake Island to surrender?

3. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (April 19th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...IZw?li=BBnb7Kz

Russian warship’s sinking raises tense questions about fate of crew

The sinking of the Russian warship Moskva is causing tension back home, where some families are asking questions about the fate of the crew and a prominent state TV anchor is demanding answers about how the debacle happened.

The flagship of Russia’s Black Sea fleet sank last week after being hit by two Ukrainian missiles, delivering a significant blow to Russia’s naval capacity, U.S. and Ukrainian officials said.

Russia confirmed that the ship sank but said only that it had been damaged by “heavy storms” and a fire that caused ammunition on board to detonate. On April 14, Russia’s defense ministry said all crew members had been evacuated from the ship. The authorities have not confirmed any dead or wounded.
    U.S. confirms Ukraine missiles sank warship, as Russia steps up attacks

But one sailor’s mother said her surviving son told her that about 40 people died and many were wounded and missing in the sinking. The newspaper Novaya Gazeta Europe published the unnamed woman’s remarks on Sunday, saying it had reviewed documents proving that the son served in the navy, though not specific proof that he had been aboard the Moskva when it sank.

“There are dead, there are wounded, there are missing. My son called me when they were given phones. They left their documents and [their personal] phones on the [ship]. He calls me and cries from what he saw. It was scary. It is clear that not everyone survived,” said the mother, who spoke on the condition of anonymity out of fear for her safety.

Questions from other people claiming to be relatives of Moskva crew members also appeared on social media and were picked up in the Russian media. The Washington Post was not able to reach the account holders to verify the information.

On Sunday, a user of the social-media platform VKontakte said the ship’s commanders told him that his son Yegor, a conscript, was among those missing in the tragedy.

Russia earlier “said that the entire crew had been evacuated. It’s a lie! A blatant and cynical lie!” Dmitry Shkrebets wrote.

“After my attempts to clarify the details of the incident, the cruiser commander and his deputy stopped communicating with me,” Shkrebets wrote. “I ask everyone who is not afraid and not indifferent, spread this appeal of mine wherever you have the opportunity” so the tragedy is not hushed-up.

In a later post, Shkrebets said three families from different parts of Russia contacted him to say their children were also missing from the sunken ship.

On Russian state-controlled TV, meanwhile, one widely followed anchor said he was “furious” over the sinking, voicing a rare note of displeasure with the authorities.

“Just explain to me how you managed to lose it! Tell me why the hell you were in that part of the Black Sea at that time,” Vladimir Solovyov asked during his prime-time show over the weekend. “Why did your fire-extinguishing system not work and the ship burned practically from the inside out?”

Why dos the Russian government LIE about EVERYTHING??

5. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (April 19th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    Questions from other people claiming to be relatives of Moskva crew members also appeared on social media and were picked up in the Russian media. The Washington Post was not able to reach the account holders to verify the information.
    Surprise )

Why dos the Russian government LIE about EVERYTHING??
    Because it is government. Do you know govt what doesn't lie? Well, if you want to say "yes" reread and verify promises printed by candidates just before last elections in your country. Every professional politic is professional lier.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

SO you really don't believe in Nazis in the Ukraine?
    Besides the Russian Nazis...

Liked

SO you really don't believe in Nazis in the Ukraine?
    Besides the Russian Nazis...
    As I told already: I don't believe to any govt. But I have news from first hands - from relatives in Ukraine and Crimea. So I do believe in Nazis in Ukraine as well as I believe what current nationalistic govt took power by Maidan - coup.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Azovstal has deep underground facilities. Offer to load down weapon and surrender was in action till 3 pm local time. Now Tu-22 with 3-5 kilotons bombs in anti-bunker variant are on their way to Azovstal. Tomorrow it will be flat desert.
    Anyone with an ounce of compassion would be praying that this doesn't happen.

It's now 3:52 PM Tuesday April19 and the only thing that's "flat like a dessert" is the surface of the water in the Black Sea where the Moskova once sat. According to Russian news all sailors aboard the Moskova have survived.

The ultimatum you refer to that was given by the Russian Defense Ministry to the last remaining Ukrainian troops still fighting in the port city has come and gone. The battle continues. The fate of Mariupol is still hanging on by an unknown number of defenders making their last stand at the iron and steel plant. They refuse to leave the plant without weapons fearing that the Russian soldiers would kill them.

Zelinskyy has apparently classified the bombing of the ondergrond plant as a "red line", where further discussions (negotiations) with Russia would come to a halt if Putin's forces were to massacre the people in the plant. This may the reason why Putin is taking a time out, but all things considered, I don't give the Ukrainians in the plant too much hope.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (April 19th, 2022)

Liked

The war criminal Putin cannot even bring himself to treat his own sailors and troops with even a modicum of respect. To make the loss of their lives even more painful for their families by lying and covering up the truth is disrespectful. The arrogant narcissistic cretin that is Putin does not deserve any support from the Russian people.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (April 19th, 2022), Dax (April 19th, 2022), Dodger (April 19th, 2022)

Liked

Yeah, apparently Ukraine has 7000 bodies of Russian soldiers sitting in morgues and refridgerated trucks. They're trying to give them back to Rssia, but Russia doesn't want them.

Too many body bags showing up at home is one of the main reasons Gorbachev was kicked out of power, so I guess lesson learned, and Putin doesn't want any body bags showing up in Russia.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 19th, 2022), Ruthrieston (April 19th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As I told already: I don't believe to any govt. But I have news from first hands - from relatives in Ukraine and Crimea. So I do believe in Nazis in Ukraine as well as I believe what current nationalistic govt took power by Maidan - coup.
    So it's the hairbrained relatives that listen to the government propaganda, and
    you listen to them.

16. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (April 19th, 2022)