Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 139 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-c...145039482.html

Russian crematoria operating in Mariupol: 'This is the new Auschwitz,' mayor says
    Caitlin McFall
    Wed, April 6, 2022, 9:50 AM·2 min read

The Mariupol City Council on Wednesday accused Russian forces of relying on a mobile crematorium to cover up their alleged war crimes in the southeast port city of Ukraine.

Mariupol, which has been partially occupied for weeks, has been the target of one of the most brutal Russian offensives in Ukraine since the invasion began in February.

RUSSIA INVADES UKRAINE: LIVE UPDATES

"The killers are covering their tracks," the city council said in several social media posts, adding that the Russians have set up "mobile crematoriums."

"Russia’s top leadership ordered the destruction of any evidence of crimes committed by its army in Mariupol," the council added in a translated statement, accusing Moscow of reacting to widespread condemnation over mass civilian killings in Bucha.

Humanitarian access to the city has been blocked for weeks, with an estimated 160,000 residents unable to evacuate and lacking access to electricity, heating, health care and water, reported the U.K.’s Ministry of Defense.

Mariupol officials have estimated that roughly 5,000 civilians had been killed, but warned Wednesday that given the size of the destruction caused to the city the death toll could be in the tens of thousands.

The Kremlin agreed to a cease-fire last week after devastating shelling pummeled the strategically important city for more than a month.
    A damaged building is seen, amid Russia's invasion, in Kharkiv, Ukraine March 14, 2022. <span class="copyright">Reuters/Oleksandr Lapshyn</span>
    A damaged building is seen, amid Russia's invasion, in Kharkiv, Ukraine March 14, 2022. Reuters/Oleksandr Lapshyn

US CALLS OUT 'CREDIBLE REPORTS' OF PUTIN'S FORCES HERDING UKRAINIANS TO 'FILTRATION CAMPS,' THEN INTO RUSSIA

But evacuation efforts by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) were stalled over the weekend due to treacherous conditions.

ICRC said Wednesday it was able to evacuate about 500 people from the city of Berdiansk, roughly 50 miles south of Mariupol, but it is still unable to gain access to those trapped inside Mariupol.

City officials claimed that Russia is barring humanitarian access to Mariupol because of the number of deceased Ukrainians that remain on the streets.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If the Mariupol City Council is claiming that Russian soldiers are cremating dead civilian bodies to cover their tracks, then where's the proof?

With all the thousands of photographs being taken in-and-around Mariupol since the invasion (including satellite imagery) - you would think there would be at least one photo of a Russian soldier intentionally killing an innocent civilian and/or cremating the remains?

There are many factions fighting in Ukraine right now, including numerous neo-Nazi factions who have earned reputations for their brutality. I'm sorry, but I just can't see young Russian military recruits committing these acts. Maybe in isolated cases, but not as widespread as is being reported. If someone is going to be blamed - then blame the right people based on "facts" not "hearsay".

Some of the recent U.S. Intelligent Assessments appear to be made for Hollywood. This is a foolish move...totally unnecessary...and does nothing but detract from the objectives.

Liked

Ohh come on, some good ole fashioned cold war tactics never hurt. Gotta keep those CIA agents on their toes, you know.

Liked

All I can say is, where is Gaybutton when we are in need of his words of wisdom?

Liked

I don't know, but I know this pisses me off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lhjv37aSQs

One is you have the news anchor asking, "is there a point where the US is obligated to go in?". The answer is two months ago when Putin was lining up troops on Ukraine's border.

The other is Durbin saying Putin won't stop, he'll continue going into Poland and other places, and the US needs to be ready to stop him. Well, WTF? We all already know he's not going to stop at Ukraine, so go stop him already, wtf are you waiting for? Is Ukraine just collateral damage for the sake of politics, or some such shit?

Liked

==========In a separate tweet on April 5, Vasylenko claimed that the Ukrainian government had found records of 5,000 war crimes committed by Russia.===========

Yes-yes. Why not say 100,000? Any Western news media will publish it without fact check. Meanwhile UN commissar climes what total number of fatalities within civilians in whole Ukraine from February 24 is 1480.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I don't know, but I know this pisses me off:

Is Ukraine just collateral damage for the sake of politics, or some such shit?
    Yes. It is. Exactly that I wrote there from the beginning: Ukraine isn't subject, it is object.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yes. It is. Exactly that I wrote there from the beginning: Ukraine isn't subject, it is object.

Ukraine is just an "object", eh? That's a prime example as to whether you like it or not, the West will win this war. Think of countries as objects, then act confused as to why everyone wants to join NATO and the EU.

You do realize there's 140,000 well equipped and trained soldiers in Europe right now ready to deploy into Ukraine on a moment's notice, right? What happens if they get the green light? Russia can't even handle the Ukrainian military. Russia has yet to even secure the airspace over Ukraine, so what happens when a bunch of American F-35s show up in the skies?

Russia bitches and moans as how they're not at the center of decision making, all the while Angela Merkel had spent her entire career adamant about trying to bring Russia to the table, a move she has now publicly regretted. Go fuck yourself and your $1.5 trillion economy. I hope you realize the West has yet to even join this fight, and you can't even handle it now, so what happens when NATO eventually joins in?

Liked

matt, your rhetoric can get you banned on this forum as it has another poster.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    matt, your rhetoric can get you banned on this forum as it has another poster.
    MFAS left us for 2 weeks for triple vandalizing forum (3.2.11). His posts had nothing about Russia or Ukraine or current situation. While posts here are within topic, I have nothing against them.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (April 10th, 2022)