Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 13 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

"I apologise for the two consonants missing from the final sentence in my post above."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Well, if the sole objective were to annex more of Ukraine, I would have thought the best approach would be a swift troop build up and invasion. That gives other countries less time to ship weapons to Ukraine.
    The end result would be the same, but giving Ukraine time to prepare would mean more Russian casualties.

So seeing how far NATO will go with appeasment must be a big part of this.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 3rd, 2022), Dodger (February 3rd, 2022), Nirish guy (February 3rd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

So seeing how far NATO will go with appeasment must be a big part of this.
    No doubt about it.

This was a NATO Cohesion Test.

Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and they're a long way from being asked to join NATO for that reason. It will probably take decades (not years) for Ukraine to transform itself into a democratic law abiding state - and in the mean time, they will just have to live with Russia breathing down their necks. Putin knows this full-well. NATO knows he knows it. And he knows that NATO knows that he knows it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    No doubt about it.

This was a NATO Cohesion Test.

Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and they're a long way from being asked to join NATO for that reason. It will probably take decades (not years) for Ukraine to transform itself into a democratic law abiding state - and in the mean time, they will just have to live with Russia breathing down their necks. Putin knows this full-well. NATO knows he knows it. And he knows that NATO knows that he knows it.
    Right, because places like Romania and Hungary are beacons of democracy and goto great lengths to weed out corruption. Neither, the EU or NATO had any problem letting them in.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 5th, 2022)

Liked

Anyway, this is all really starting to look like Putin bluffed, NATO called him on his bluff, and now Putin is embarrassed to look like a fool.

Kinda like the Cuban missile crisis when the Soviet naval ships were up against the US blockade. Soviets talked a big game, but at the end of the day were just lieing about how powerful they actually were and were bluffing.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Anyway, this is all really starting to look like Putin bluffed, NATO called him on his bluff, and now Putin is embarrassed to look like a fool.

Kinda like the Cuban missile crisis when the Soviet naval ships were up against the US blockade. Soviets talked a big game, but at the end of the day were just lieing about how powerful they actually were and were bluffing.
    Matt, you are so naïve. Look back in time: Putin is over 25 years in politic. He always had what he want. No once fail.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

9. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (February 3rd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Matt, you are so naïve. Look back in time: Putin is over 25 years in politic. He always had what he want. No once fail.
    Wasn’t there though? I vaguely recall something about OPEC+, Saudi prince and obvious miscalculation a few years back… we can go further back to the closure of the Moscow stock exchange, or more recent “sanctions are good for Russia” rhetoric how Russian cheeses are now much superior to the European originals: Enjoy Parmigiano Voronezhiano and Brie de Ufa. I couldn’t care less about any politicians - I’m just surprised at the extent of support that he is enjoying among the groups he had marginalized. Stockholm syndrome, anyone? Really, KHU IZ PUTIN?

Liked

Yes, just like how Trump is playing 5D chess.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by alvnv View Post
    Wasn’t there though? I vaguely recall something about OPEC+, Saudi prince and obvious miscalculation a few years back… we can go further back to the closure of the Moscow stock exchange, or more recent “sanctions are good for Russia” rhetoric how Russian cheeses are now much superior to the European originals: Enjoy Parmigiano Voronezhiano and Brie de Ufa. I couldn’t care less about any politicians - I’m just surprised at the extent of support that he is enjoying among the groups he had marginalized. Stockholm syndrome, anyone? Really, KHU IZ PUTIN?
    Looks like you can read Russian, visit any retail food shop and check amount of cheese sorts from all continents. For example perekrestok.ru From Swiss in Europe to Argentina in Latin America. Closure of stock exchange is also only in your wet dreams, friend: moex.com

and last one: it's not important "who is Putin", most important: he still has majority of Russian votes... if I remember correct, exactly that world call "democracy"
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

visit anyone retail food shop and check amount of cheese sorts from all continents. For example perekrestok.ru From Swiss in Europe to Argentina in Latin America.
    cheese3.jpg

14. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (February 4th, 2022)