Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 124 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Matt, are you dreaming about NATO?
    It was a "wet dream"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Russian soldiers ran over their commander, apparently blaming him for heavy losses in Ukraine, Western official says
    Sinéad Baker
    Fri, March 25, 2022, 11:41 AM·2 min read
    In this article:

Deborah Haynes
    British journalist and editor

Russian troops ran over their own commander in response to the Ukraine invasion, a Western official said.

The official said it was done as "consequences of the losses they had taken," one report said.

The official said the colonel died, and an earlier report said he was brought to hospital with injured legs.

Russian soldiers ran their commander over in protest of the heavy losses that Russia has suffered during its invasion of Ukraine, a Western official said.

The official was cited by several UK defense writers on Friday afternoon.

It appeared to confirm a previously-reported story about a senior commander run over by a tank.

Larisa Brown, defense editor of The Times of London, tweeted, citing the unnamed official, that the commander "has been killed by one of his own units" and that the colonel "was ran over by his own troops deliberately."

The colonel was named as Colonel Medvechek, commander of 37 Motor Rifle Brigade, by Deborah Haynes, security and defense editor for Sky News, who also cited a Western official.

The earlier report had named him as Colonel Yuri Medvedev, a similar but not identical name,

The official said he was "run over by his soldiers," according to Haynes.

Haynes tweeted that the official said: "The brigade commander of one of the units was killed by his own troops and killed by his own troops, we believe, as a consequence of the scale of loss that had been taken by his brigade."

Gordon Corera, the security correspondent for the BBC, tweeted a similar account.

An earlier report said that the colonel was not killed, but that his feet were crushed.

Ukrainian journalist Roman Tsymbaliuk said on Facebook on Wednesday that a soldier ran over the officer's legs with a tank, and that he was brought to a hospital in Belarus.

Russia's progress in invading Ukraine has been significantly slower than what Russia expected. Intelligence officials have spoken of very low morale among Russian forces, who appear to be poorly supplied and some of whom have said they were misled about the invasion.

A senior NATO member said on Wednesday that up to 15,000 Russian troops may have been killed. Fewer than 3,000 American troops were killed in Afghanistan over 20 years.

Liked

And a sixth Russian general now killed.

I wonder how many of these Wally is picking off? Apparently, he's a really good sniper.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    74% voted "support" or "partially support" operation in Ukraine...
    That’s because they’re involuntary subscribers to the same misinformation you’re trying fruitlessly to share here.

Surfcrest

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (March 26th, 2022), Dodger (March 26th, 2022), Nirish guy (March 26th, 2022), Ruthrieston (March 26th, 2022), snotface (March 26th, 2022)

Liked

And now Russian Defense Ministry has changed the mission. Of course Russia doesn't want Ukraine, just the Donbas (sp) region.

The soldiers must have just had bad directions or something, and accidentally ended up in Kiev. Honest mistake, I'm sure.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    That was in 1962, 60 years ago.

Beginning to show your (real) age....
    What? Why? Because I like to know the world I live in?

Fuck off... I'm 40, and trust me, nobody on this planet brags about being 40. I wasn't alive during WWI either, but I still know that happened. Same with Genghis Khan's non-stop invasions -- know about them, but wasn't alive during them either.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (March 26th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    NATO involvement is. constant theme of your posts, Matt. You’re like the little boy who cried “wolf”. It isn’t going to happen, because it will mean nuclear war in Europe
    Not necessarily. I don't buy into this narrative the West is pushing that Putin is some madman gone crazy with 6000 nukes.

Although maybe a little delusional, Putin isn't stupid. He's not going to start a nuclear war, because he knows full well how that ends for Russia. If he started a nuclear war, whether or not humanity survives is up for debate, but without question the Russian Federation definitely wouldn't survive. Putin knows this.

He loves to brag about how he has nukes, but I highly doubt he'd ever fire one on a population center. Same as the Cuban Missile Crisis when the US vs. Russian navies came to a head just offshore of Cuba. What happened? Due to US intelligence from a double agent within the KGB, the US called Russia's bluff, stood their ground, and Russia turned away and went back home.

I say NATO countries owe it to Ukraine to jump in and help. If NATO pulled the trigger, this would be over and Russians out of Ukraine within two weeks at most. It'd also send a strong message to China to not fuck with the West, which they obviously have plans to do. NATO countries may only make up 12% of the world's population, but they're 50% of the world's military might.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    What? Why? Because I like to know the world I live in?

Fuck off... I'm 40, and trust me, nobody on this planet brags about being 40. I wasn't alive during WWI either, but I still know that happened. Same with Genghis Khan's non-stop invasions -- know about them, but wasn't alive during them either.
    Chronologically 40 maybe but mentally 10

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Chronologically 40 maybe but mentally 10
    Then instead of being an adolescent, debate me and tell me where I'm wrong.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Then instead of being an adolescent, debate me and tell me where I'm wrong.
    As I’ve said to you previously the pearls are genuine but sadly the swine are imitation- and if you don’t understand that allusion that’s another reason why engaging with you would by a waste of time