Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 12 of 282 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brink of War?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    But far more importantly what will happen to this Russian owned board, more or less exclusively written on by NATO citizens, if there is a punch up?

Will Moses keep his toddlers playground open?!
    I’ve always found entropy the fundamental problem of Forums such as this. Besides, NATO isn’t a political entity in the same way as a nation state so from that perspective there’s no such thing as a “NATO citizen”

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Well, as per Arsenal's posts he is living in China. I may assure you, what when you are living in China, you may miss Thailand because of weather, but never will miss it because of boys: when you have 1 500 000 000 population around, then you always have willing boys without any efforts from your side - you are White with Long Nose.
    I’ve booked my ticket - can’t wait

No Platformed
    Liked

To add an element of levity (rather than the farce of many of the recent posts), here’s the New Yorker’s satirical take on the situation - Putin says he deserves Ukraine as a consolation for losing the White House - https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...ng-white-house

Liked

Back on topic and events were most interesting yesterday, all of which convinced me further Putin isn't going to invade. More tents have been readied on the Russian side but no more troops so perhaps it's a big scout camp. Putin maybe has run out of hardware to make his point. 2000 more US soldiers are sent to Germany and Poland. No biggie there.

Most interesting was the broadside aimed at "British Diplomacy" by the deputy Russian ambassador to the UN, not the top guy so leaving Russian manoeuvre room. "Worthless" he called it and a failure to read Putin's motives. The message was clear. We need a highly skilled diplomat, well versed in the nuance of open ended slightly vague language to get out of this. Step forward one freshly minted knight...Sir Tony Blair.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

Back on topic and events were most interesting yesterday, all of which convinced me further Putin isn't going to invade.
    I think everyone's getting convinced at this point...even Putin.

What next...Mongolia?

I wonder what the eastern border of Ukraine will look like 3 years from now. I envision a continuous stream of barbed wire with heavily armed guards on both sides - with guard towers and trained Doberman pinchers sniffing the asses of anyone who dares to get within a hundred yards. Maybe they should just designate this a demilitarized zone similar to the 38th parallel in Korea where both sides could spend the next 50 years spending $billions$ guarding it.

It just seems like there should be a more modern solution to this. Where's Fred Flintstone when you need him.

No Platformed
    Liked

Back on topic and events were most interesting yesterday, all of which convinced me further Putin isn't going to invade.

We need a highly skilled diplomat, well versed in the nuance of open ended slightly vague language to get out of this. Step forward one freshly minted knight...Sir Tony Blair.
    The relief of knowing that you have after all this time reached the same conclusion I had put forward as early as post #18 in this thread is almost unbearable. However suggesting that an (Iraq) war criminal responsible for the wholly unjustified invasion of another country as a “highly skilled diplomat” who has something to contribute is most amusing in these circumstances. Should he get down on his knees and pray with Joe Biden as he did with Dubya do you think?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    EU has shortage already 8 months. If it will be possible - contract already will be in European hands. Problem with Qatar is the same - LNG is much more expensive than gas in pipelines. So Europe sucks from pipelines - from Norway, Russia, Turkey (again Russia via "Turkey stream") and Algeria + Morocco, and only occasionally buys LNG when it is not possible to buy natural gas.

Also problem with LNG - usually prices for LNG are quite higher in Asia - S.Korea, Japan, China, India, than in EU. That why all LNG tankers are going to Asia instead of Europe. Nobody cares about shortage in EU unless EU-prices are the same as in Asia. Tankers from Qatar, US and other countries were very busy at last 8 months in gas delivery to Asia while their govt blamed Russia for shortage. Nothing personal, just business: we know about shortage and we will blame Russia, but our tankers will sell gas to customer who pays more.
    Admittedly, I'm completely in the dark regarding the gas/LNG prices and supply chains you're describing. All I know is what I hear on the news...and before you say it, I already know this information may or my not be correct with all the politics at stake here.

I just hope there's a solution to this mess that doesn't involve people killing each other. .And I know this may be too much to ask for in the world we live in.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (February 4th, 2022)

Liked

The quickest solution to this problem is by the injection of Formaldehyde into the veins of Biden.

Liked

"The relief of knowing that you have after all this time reached the same conclusion I had put forward as early as post #18 in this thread is almost unbearable."

Post no.1 stevie.

No Platformed
    Liked

"The relief of knowing that you have after all this time reached the same conclusion I had put forward as early as post #18 in this thread is almost unbearable."

Post no.1 stevie.
    Thanks, Baldrick