Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 193 of 282 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2819

Thread: The Brink of War?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Brink of War?

perhaps to Russians mass murders and invasions are their own reward.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    perhaps to Russians mass murders and invasions are their own reward.
    You misspelled word "Americans" - the only nation what dropped nuclear bombs on the head of civilians.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bondarev's Full Resignation Letter:
    "My name is Boris Bondarev, in the MFA of Russia since 2002, since 2019 until now – Counsellor of the Russian Mission to the UN Office at Geneva.

For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on February 24 of this year. The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire Western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia, with a bold letter Z crossing out all hopes and prospects for a prosperous free society in our country.

Those who conceived this war want only one thing – to remain in power forever, live in pompous tasteless palaces, sail on yachts comparable in tonnage and cost to the entire Russian Navy, enjoying unlimited power and complete impunity. To achieve that they are willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes. Thousands of Russians and Ukrainians have already died just for this.

I regret to admit that over all these twenty years the level of lies and unprofessionalism in the work of the Foreign Ministry has been increasing all the time. However, in most recent years, this has become simply catastrophic. Instead of unbiased information, impartial analysis and sober forecasting, there are propaganda cliches in the spirit of Soviet newspapers of the 1930s. A system has been built that deceives itself.

Minister Lavrov is a good illustration of the degradation of this system. In 18 years, he went from a professional and educated intellectual, whom many colleagues held in such high esteem, to a person who constantly broadcasts conflicting statements and threatens the world (that is, Russia too) with nuclear weapons!

Today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not about diplomacy. It is all about warmongering, lies and hatred. It serves interests of few, the very few people thus contributing to further isolation and degradation of my country. Russia no longer has allies, and there is no one to blame but its reckless and ill-conceived policy.

I studied to be a diplomat and have been a diplomat for twenty years. The Ministry has become my home and family. But I simply cannot any longer share in this bloody, witness and absolutely needless ignominy."

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (May 24th, 2022), Ruthrieston (May 24th, 2022)

Liked

Well, well. New law is proposed in Ukrainian parliament. It brings "fresh note" to Ukrainian military service in army: commanders will have rights to kill soldier if soldier refuses to fulfill order.

https://itd.rada.gov.ua/billInfo/Bills/Card/39562 official site or parliament, texts are in Ukrainian language.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Well, well. New law is proposed in Ukrainian parliament. It brings "fresh note" to Ukrainian military service in army: commanders will have rights to kill soldier if soldier refuses to fulfill order.

https://itd.rada.gov.ua/billInfo/Bills/Card/39562 official site or parliament, texts are in Ukrainian language.
    Quote: "commanders will have rights to kill soldier if soldier refuses to fulfill order."

Not quite - one of Moses' exaggerations.

It is not a "new law" proposed to the Ukrainian Parliament. It is "Amendments to Article 22-1 of the Statute of the Internal Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to ensure the possibility of termination of criminal offenses in a special period." i.e., during the invasion bu the armed forces of the Russian Federation.

The amendment is actually the removal of a clause in the Article, specifically "the words "in this case not causing death to the soldier" to be excluded."

The section on the justification for the change is interesting (https://itd.rada.gov.ua/billInfo/Bills/pubFile/1288784). The following is based on an AI translation from Ukrainian to English and so the English may not be perfect.

"ПОЯСНЮВАЛЬНА ЗАПИСКА до проєкту Закону України про внесення зміни до статті 22-1 Статуту внутрішньої служби Збройних Сил України щодо забезпечення можливості припинення кримінальних правопорушень в умовах особливого періоду / EXPLANATORY NOTE to the draft Law of Ukraine on amendments to Article 22-1 of the Charter of the Armed Forces of Ukraine possibility of termination of criminal offenses in the conditions of of the special period

The justification for the amendment is "to ensure the possibility of termination of criminal offenses in a special period (hereinafter - the draft law) was developed to strengthen the capacity stop criminal offenses committed by military personnel in the context of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation."

The purpose of the amendment is to define the legislative framework for implementation of opportunities to stop a criminal offense that falls under signs of a criminal offense related to non-obedience, resistance, or threat to the chief, violence, self-abandonment combat positions and designated locations of military units (units) in the areas of combat missions, and which is committed military in a martial law or a military situation, with the purpose of detention of such a serviceman.

The essence of legislation is that it amends the Article 22-1 of the Internal Charter Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, approved by the Law of Ukraine "On the Charter internal service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which provide for an exception cases of causing death to a military man when using weapons for termination of criminal offense committed a military person, if otherwise it is impossible to stop such criminal offense."

SO, the Ukrainian Parliament amended existing legislation to permit certain actions in certain specific situations under certain specific conditions, i.e., the use of deadly force if all else fails for criminal actions by soldiers during the invasion by the armed forces of the Russian Federation - not just for disobeying orders.

7. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 25th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post

SO, the Ukrainian Parliament amended existing legislation to permit certain actions in certain specific situations under certain specific conditions, i.e., the use of deadly force if all else fails for criminal actions by soldiers during the invasion by the armed forces of the Russian Federation - not just for disobeying orders.
    Disobeying orders is criminal during even peace time. So now there will be no courts and investigation. Just head shot.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Disobeying orders is criminal during even peace time. So now there will be no courts and investigation. Just head shot.
    Another puerile oversimplification.

Of course, in Putin's Russia, wounded Russian soldiers don't even have to disobey an order before being shot by an officer - they simply have to be wounded. Just do an Internet search for the reports, such as that by The NY Post (https://nypost.com/2022/05/16/russia...nded-soldiers/) which included a video of captured Russian soldiers making the claim.

10. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 25th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Outgoing Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte sharply criticized Russian leader Vladimir Putin for the killings of innocent civilians in Ukraine, saying while the two of them have been tagged as killers, “I kill criminals, I don’t kill children and the elderly.”

Duterte, who openly calls Putin an idol and a friend, voiced his rebuke for the first time over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in remarks aired Tuesday where he blamed the three-month old war for the spike in global oil prices that has battered many countries, including the Philippines.

While stressing he was not condemning the Russian president, Duterte disagreed with Putin’s labeling of the invasion as a “special military operation,” and said it was really a full-scale war waged against “a sovereign nation.”

“Many say that Putin and I are both killers. I’ve long told you Filipinos that I really kill. But I kill criminals, I don’t kill children and the elderly,” Duterte said in a televised weekly meeting with key Cabinet officials. “We’re in two different worlds.”

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post

I don’t kill children and the elderly,” Duterte said in a televised weekly meeting with key Cabinet officials. “We’re in two different worlds.”
    The fact that a low-life like Duterte has the audacity to compare his "killings" to those of someone else is appalling to say the least. Where do they get these animals?

13. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (May 26th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Where do they get these animals?
    Oh, it is very easy to explain: Ukrainian Nazi made it - 8 years of living in undergrounds because of bombing, killing, violence and discrimination at the East of Ukraine may make some people from Donbass quite angry.