Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 221 of 252 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2516

Thread: The Brink of War?

  1. #2201
    Administrator Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,970
    Liked
    2144

    Re: The Brink of War?

    ===The article claims that "Vladimir Putin has secretly approved a law that could send a further one million men to fight in Ukraine, according to information leaked from the Kremlin."===

    With the same result they may claim "secret number" is 100 000 000... why not? Nobody can check it. Unreliable gossips.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

  2. #2202
    Senior member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    268
    Liked
    249

    Re: The Brink of War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ===The article claims that "Vladimir Putin has secretly approved a law that could send a further one million men to fight in Ukraine, according to information leaked from the Kremlin."===

    With the same result they may claim "secret number" is 100 000 000... why not? Nobody can check it. Unreliable gossips.
    Hence my closing sentence: "This is another instance of where we will have to wait to see if fact is stranger than fiction."

    But if Putin does not expect speculation about his motives for mobilizing reservists, or about the number of reservists to be mobilized, Section 7 should not have been censored.

  3. #2203
    Administrator Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,970
    Liked
    2144

    Re: The Brink of War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    Hence my closing sentence: "This is another instance of where we will have to wait to see if fact is stranger than fiction."

    But if Putin does not expect speculation about his motives for mobilizing reservists, or about the number of reservists to be mobilized, Section 7 should not have been censored.
    Hahahaha... Sure-sure: opposite part should know to what to prepare, right? Why so many things every government has to classify? They should to publish it on websites: plans of advances, schedules and ways of supply lines.

    By the way: I like this article and I think it should make panic in Ukraine because they never will be able to mobilize additional 1 mln for to response. Is it inspired by Kremlin?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

  4. #2204
    Forum's veteran cdnmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    KK
    Posts
    6,307
    Liked
    1211

    Re: The Brink of War?

    We should shove Putin's face into a massive pile of cow shit, and hold it there until he suffocates and dies. That would be a good news story to read.

    Doesn't really matter at this point. If the actual volunteer Russian military got decimated by Ukrainian forces, I can only imagine what's going to happen when a bunch of ill trained conscripts show up on the front lines. I just don't see how Russia can come out of this intact. Either there's a revolution and the Russian people overthrow the government, or Russia splits up into about 12 different countries.

    Those are really the only two outcomes I can see here. I can't see any way how Russia becomes successful at the end of all this.

  5. #2205
    Administrator Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,970
    Liked
    2144

    Re: The Brink of War?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    We should shove Putin's face into a massive pile of cow shit, and hold it there until he suffocates and dies. That would be a good news story to read.

    Doesn't really matter at this point. If the actual volunteer Russian military got decimated by Ukrainian forces, I can only imagine what's going to happen when a bunch of ill trained conscripts show up on the front lines. I just don't see how Russia can come out of this intact. Either there's a revolution and the Russian people overthrow the government, or Russia splits up into about 12 different countries.

    Those are really the only two outcomes I can see here. I can't see any way how Russia becomes successful at the end of all this.
    conscripts can't be used in military operations by Russian law... when in February about 600 conscripts were involved, there were 12 criminal cases agains offices who send them to Ukraine...

    only contractors and experienced reservists may be used...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

  6. #2206
    Forum's veteran cdnmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    KK
    Posts
    6,307
    Liked
    1211

    Re: The Brink of War?

    I don't know, here in the West it's being reported as a "partial mobilization of 300,000 Russian civilians who have prior military experience", or in essence, conscription / military draft. Little difficult to describe it as anything else.

    Again, doesn't really matter anymore anyway as Russia has already lost this war. Don't worry, regardless of what Putin says, the West has absolutely no desire whatsoever to invade Russia. Well, unless Putin decides to be a total fucken moron and start firing nukes, then the West will have no choice but to go into Moscow.

    Aside from that though, the West is totally fine letting Russia send all of its 20 somethings off to die in Ukraine as cannon fodder, and watch the country implode on itself. After all, it's up to you Russians to fix your broken country, not us. We have more than enough of our own problems.

    Btw... Russian demographics are horrible. Russia barely has enough 20 somethings to put together a strong military anymore, so if they're going to call up another 300,000 people, who's going to make the next generation of Russian babies?

  7. #2207
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,483
    Liked
    2535

    Re: The Brink of War?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    .

    I just don't see how Russia can come out of this intact. Either there's a revolution and the Russian people overthrow the government, or Russia splits up into about 12 different countries.
    At least if Russia split into 12 different countries Putin would have achieved his goal of rebuilding the Soviet Union. A bit smaller granted...but at least he would have an Empire to rule.

  8. #2208
    Administrator Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,970
    Liked
    2144

    Re: The Brink of War?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I don't know, here in the West it's being reported as a "partial mobilization of 300,000 Russian civilians who have prior military experience", or in essence, conscription / military draft. Little difficult to describe it as anything else.

    Again, doesn't really matter anymore anyway as Russia has already lost this war. Don't worry, regardless of what Putin says, the West has absolutely no desire whatsoever to invade Russia. Well, unless Putin decides to be a total fucken moron and start firing nukes, then the West will have no choice but to go into Moscow.

    Aside from that though, the West is totally fine letting Russia send all of its 20 somethings off to die in Ukraine as cannon fodder, and watch the country implode on itself. After all, it's up to you Russians to fix your broken country, not us. We have more than enough of our own problems.

    Btw... Russian demographics are horrible. Russia barely has enough 20 somethings to put together a strong military anymore, so if they're going to call up another 300,000 people, who's going to make the next generation of Russian babies?
    Man from British colony Canada tells me about demographic. Country that yet exists only because permanent immigrant inflow.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

  9. #2209
    Forum's veteran cdnmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    KK
    Posts
    6,307
    Liked
    1211

    Re: The Brink of War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Man from British colony Canada tells me about demographic. Country that yet exists only because permanent immigrant inflow.

    At least immigrants actually want to come to Canada, unlike Russia which is experiencing a mass exodus. Must be getting tough to find skilled labor over there these days.

  10. #2210
    Administrator Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,970
    Liked
    2144

    Re: The Brink of War?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    At least immigrants actually want to come to Canada, unlike Russia which is experiencing a mass exodus. Must be getting tough to find skilled labor over there these days.
    Are you sure?

    1663970644589.png

    https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ion-by-country
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Similar Threads

  1. Claim that scientists on brink of HIV cure.....
    By CoffeeBreak in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 28th, 2013, 07:41

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Sawatdee Network is the set of websites for (and about) gay community of Thailand, travelers and tourists in Thailand and in South East Asia.
Please visit us at:
2004-2017 © Sawatdee Gay Thailand - Sawatdee Network