List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

most definitely very limited sex...but lotsa bars to drown your sorrows in and lotsa eye candy to brighten up your day....and the beach is great too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

Grindr etc is always busy in Gran Can and the Yumbo centre is certainly full of the gays every night - so theres definitely plently of sex about the place if you're looking for it - but you're right Latin that it tends to be with other guys / men of a roughly similar age to ourselves i'm guessing and not with "boys" which I know might put some here off the idea altogether).

I mean god forbid that we widen our net from the range of 18 to 20 year old hairless twink money boys ( not that there's a thing wrong with 20 year old cute twinks of course), but just for those that forget there is a whole other range of guys out in the big world to have sex with out there too which can be fun as well for a nice change sometimes - or so I'm told at least !)

I should reiterate again though that I'm not suggesting that the likes of Gran Can is in any way equivalent to Thailand of course as clearly its not. My point was it's easy / near to fly to when in Europ, has winter sun ( usually), is a nice scenic break with good food and a chance to relax on the beach and a shag is available to most there assuming you've got all your own teeth ( sorry just realised that last part may actually rule out several boards members, but you knew what I meant ! :-)

3. User who gave Like to post:

RonanTheBarbarian (February 3rd, 2022)

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

I went to Gran Canaria last month, and had a good time.

This was despite the fact that the week I was there (the week after Saturday, the 15th of January) was unusually cold and wet by Gran Canaria standards. There was a day or two of rain, and the temperature was more like 17-18° Centigrade rather than the 21°, which it averages in January.

I didn’t really bother with Grindr or any of the other apps, instead I went to the drag cabaret bars in the evening and the cruising bars in the later night.

Although late night was not what it usually means in GC, as there was a Covid mandated closing time of 1.00 am when I was there.

You would probably have to be a bit of a fan of the more mature gentleman to really enjoy the cruising bars, but as I am getting into that segment myself now, I felt I couldn’t complain.

If you’re going, I would definitely try to be close to the Yumbo Centre, as that is the complete centre of all gay life there.

I myself stayed at the Hotel Nayra, a mixed but gay-friendly hotel very close to the Yumbo (it was right beside a fully gay place called Paso Chico). The Nayra had a heated swimming pool, which I was glad of considering the slightly cooler temperatures in the week I was there

My advice also would be if you’re going to Gran Canaria to try and see a bit more of the island. I went on a day tour and I was quite impressed at the scenery, and a contrast between the arid south and the lush, green north of the island.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (February 3rd, 2022), StevieWonders (February 3rd, 2022)

Liked

Ricky's Cabaret Bar was fun.

I was particular impressed with one drag artist, Daisy Diamond. A really energetic, physical performer.Here she is doing a Barbie Girl number.

Smaller Copy Rickys.jpg

Liked

Terrys Showbar got more into the Spanish vibe with a transgender flamenco.

Smaller Copy Terrys.jpg

8. User who gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (February 3rd, 2022)