List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

So for those of us who for Covid / cash or just plain laziness reasons can't or wont be bothered doing the whole travelling to Asia thing with all the hassles involved therein just now but still maybe want a bit of a break dont forget that there's always Gran Canaria handy for a short break.

In general you're usually fairly sure of some nice winter sun and temperatures of 21/22 degrees and up and plently of "fun" if you wanted it (albeit not with cute Thai guys of course, although I did see more cute Asians there this year than ever noticed before). But there were certainly plenty of middle ages white guys / "bear" types if that's your thing in situated in and and around the Yumbo Centre and at the gay / naked beaches and the "sand dunes" ( for fun) etc.

I was there with my bf / his parents and a few friends to celebrate my 53rd birthday so I was of course behaving myself impeccably like the proper angel that I am of course so no funny business for me this trip ( as thankfully those such guys aren't my thing anyway - well, usually :-)

So all all joking aside it was a nice break, with all bars and restaurants fully open and busy ( mainly serving until midnight / 1am at least), with plently of day time shopping opportunities in the outlet malls and with good beaches dotted around with nice scenery to take in if you decide to hire a car to drive around the island etc - and yes for those wanting it plently of gay guys out drinking / fucking / on Grindr and in the Yumbo centre etc.

So, Thailand if course it's not, but for a quick week away, with no covid quarantine issues required ( although one of our trip members did actually pick up covid while there and only picked it up on testing on their arrival back home !) and with it being a cheap 3 / 4 hour flight within Europe it was a handy short break option and enough to provide some much needed winter sun for me.
    IMG_5559.jpgIMG_5588.jpgIMG_5590.jpgIMG_5591.jpgIMG_5599.jpgIMG_5616.jpg

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 30th, 2022), arsenal (January 30th, 2022), goji (January 30th, 2022), Jellybean (January 30th, 2022), Ninodf1 (January 29th, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 30th, 2022)

Liked

Re: For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

I guess Gran Canaria for you guys is like Bali for us.

It's in our backyards. Bali is only around 3 and a half hours from Perth and so is close enough to fly to for a quick break or even just a nice meal.

I know you're quite a fan of Bali Nirish, but to be honest I'd much prefer Gran Canaria. Unfortunately, it's a bit far away!

And we are still locked in here in Western Australia.

Nice pics, btw.

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I guess Gran Canaria for you guys is like Bali for us.

It's in our backyards. Bali is only around 3 and a half hours from Perth and so is close enough to fly to for a quick break or even just a nice meal.

I know you're quite a fan of Bali Nirish, but to be honest I'd much prefer Gran Canaria. Unfortunately, it's a bit far away!

And we are still locked in here in Western Australia.

Nice pics, btw.
    How expensive is it to get a boy with a hairless arse to sit on your face in Gran Canaria? The horror that some posters feel when encountering an adult sex characteristic has to be remembered when posting about other countries

Forum's veteran
    Liked

when it comes to cheap excellent paid for sex then Thaland wins by a coubtry mile...canary is great...but its no match for Thailand

Liked

I went to Madrid about 3 years ago.
    Despite the size of the city, none of the people renting themseves out were particularly hot.
    I even went to the rent boy sauna and if I were forced at gun point to take someone, the best candidate was a customer even older than me. The best working lad there had an enormous chest, matched only by an even larger gut. He was probably over 40.

There was a rent boy bar, but they didn't even open until after midnight, so I didn't bother.

I can't imagine The Canaries are much better for boys ? Same country, less scale.
    I see the attraction if you just want a week away from the British winter.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I know you're quite a fan of Bali Nirish, but to be honest I'd much prefer Gran Canaria.
    Yes you’re right about Gran Canaria, we’ll perhaps more the other Spanish seaside resorts being fairly much considered our quick hop easy to go to places and in fact I’m away again to mainland Spain in three weeks time for another weeks break - albeit with out much sun this time I’m guessing due to the time of year.

You’re right also about my preference for Bali over such places, but they are of course chalk and cheese in terms of culture, weather and guys of course. That’s not to say certain Spanish resorts don’t have plenty of action going with lots of choice and availability, but when your preferences are more Asian / Indonesian etc based I guess there’s never going to be a better option than going direct to the source itself. Mind you some Latino guys in Spain certainly can put up a valiant effort at winning prizes sometimes too that’s for sure!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Canaries does have young guys too, but not a thriving rent boy scene, if u r in good shape and young(ish) then good sex is plentiful...same goes for torremolinos (yes I know very much a working class package holiday type place) ...only my hotel was on the sea front and the gay bars were up a bloody steep hill round the back...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Canaries does have young guys too, but not a thriving rent boy scene, if u r in good shape and young(ish) then good sex is plentiful...same goes for torremolinos (yes I know very much a working class package holiday type place) ...only my hotel was on the sea front and the gay bars were up a bloody steep hill round the back...
    Bloody difficult to navigate with your Zimmer frame..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

segway darling...segway

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    if u r in good shape and young(ish)
    What about the other 90% of board members?

12. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 31st, 2022)