Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien Complex - Rainbow painting

Liked

Jomtien Complex - Rainbow painting

I hear that the bars and restaurants in the Complex have to close from Monday 24th for four days while the management of the Complex has the bar soi walkway painted in rainbow colours. I love the idea, but I think the hardpressed business owners are struggling enough these days without this enforced closure. TiT.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 22nd, 2022)

Liked

Re: Jomtien Complex - Rainbow painting

Why do they wait all the way through the pandemic and start work on the very day that opening hours are extended ?

Why is a closure of the entire Soi for 4 whole days necessary ?
    Of course, if they do the job properly and thoroughly clean and dry the surface before painting, then it takes longer. But TIT, so I suspect they will not do the job properly.
    With a suitable roller, I would think one person could paint the entire soi in a day, although the different colours might slow that down, so it takes longer.

Had they done the work last week, they could have started work at 9:30pm pm each day, done one colour and I would imagine it's dry enough to walk on by 6pm the following day. If not shut just half the soi, with a rope running down the length. If the stripes go that way.

So with Jomtien Complex closed, the choices are:

Boyztown, hoping they turned the music down
    Sunee, which is so quiet you can almost hear the cockroaches
    Jomtien bars on the same street as Agate
    Dream boys - I noticed some kind of outdoor service on their terrace, but no customers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Why do they wait all the way through the pandemic and start work on the very day that opening hours are extended ?
    This is Thailand!

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 22nd, 2022), Patanawet (January 22nd, 2022)

Liked

After a meeting today the bars will now remain open next Monday 24th onwatds with sections roped off to avoid people walking on the painted parts of the soi.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I took a look at JC this morning...barricades up to stop traffic...80% of the main soi already painted white...glad to hear they will apply rainbow colors.

Two years of sitting idle and they pick this time to paint the street???

I hope the paint's dry before they start serving drinks again. Watching one of our senior citizens sliding around on wet paint with a rainbow stenciled on his forehead would be a bit embarrassing for the bar owners.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (January 23rd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Two years of sitting idle and they pick this time to paint the street???
    I was wondering the same thing. While it may be a nice touch, after all these years I am also wondering who found it necessary to do this at all. Why? And why now?

I am also wondering if any of the businesses objected to it. Restaurants, massages, and even hotels are not necessarily exclusively gay, but rainbow colors are not likely to attract much of the straight crowd.

It would be great, though, if this is a prelude to go-go bars permitted in the complex. To this day I still question whether there really are any ordinances against them. I've never seen any kind of law forbidding them and I don't know anyone, including bar owners, who ever has. Where does it actually say that go-go bars are verboten in Jomtien Complex?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

I hope the paint's dry before they start serving drinks again. Watching one of our senior citizens sliding around on wet paint with a rainbow stenciled on his forehead would be a bit embarrassing for the bar owners.
    55555...The perfect evening out in Jomtien. Watching the paint dry whilst “enjoying” the deafening music!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    rainbow colors are not likely to attract much of the straight crowd.
    A fair question.
    However, if it deters more non gay "music bars" from invading the soi, that's a positive.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 24th, 2022), Oliver2 (January 23rd, 2022)

Liked

The first day of painting was planned for today and nothing was done. It is good for Zak's birthday party at Home Bar tonight as the soi is clear for walking.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Time to wish upon a star...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU