List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Music Volume: When will they ever learn ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Music Volume: When will they ever learn ?

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

People go to bars to socialize. Loud music prevents social interaction. It also damages hearing, so no one gains.
    Gay bars all over the world are known for playing loud music in a club-like atmosphere. Nothing new here. People who don't like the loud music typically avoid these places and seek quieter venues which are also around. Thailand is no different. The choice is always yours.

When young Thais go out to party with friends they commonly end up in one of the discos or karaoke bars with music blasting so loud you have to shout in order for the person standing next to you to hear you. They are socializing in this manner the same way me and my friends used to party and socialize in the live-music bars, discos, rock concerts, etc., back in the day. Nothing different. Loud music lifts the spirits...unleashes a bit of "wild" in a person...revs up the engine...gets the blood flowing. That's why so many young people like it.

Not to be rude to you or anyone else here, but to be brutally honest, every time I see a bar full of older farang sitting next to host boys - the farang are entrenched in discussions with other farang that are so boring that I'm surprised the boys can even keep their eyes open. They just sit there with catatonic expressions on their faces bored to death - while their farang-for-the-night keeps babbling on about the price of tea in China...as if anyone gives a shit. There you have it: Farang so deeply saturated in "themselves" that they're totally oblivious to the fact that they have an interesting young man sitting next to them who is out to have a good time as well.

Maybe some of the boys turn the volume up just to block people like this out, and I wouldn't blame them if they did.

Comments about music damaging your ears reminds me of my dear old grandmothers very words - so thank you for that hint of nostalgia.

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (January 24th, 2022), Brad the Impala (January 24th, 2022), dinagam (January 23rd, 2022), lukylok (January 23rd, 2022), Patanawet (January 23rd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    could produce enough material for an Annual Convention of Phycologists!
    Surely you meant Proctologists?

4. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 23rd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Not to be rude to you or anyone else here, but to be brutally honest, every time I see a bar full of older farang sitting next to host boys - the farang are entrenched in discussions with other farang that are so boring that I'm surprised the boys can even keep their eyes open.
    One of the difficulties with the host bar format is language capability. The farang often doesn't speak much Thai or Khmer. Meanwhile, the boy often doesn't speak that much English (or whatever other language is needed). So sitting chatting for a couple of hours is often difficult.

There are exceptions, such as a young lad in Phnom Penh who could go on for hours telling stories in English.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    One of the difficulties with the host bar format is language capability. The farang often doesn't speak much Thai or Khmer. Meanwhile, the boy often doesn't speak that much English (or whatever other language is needed). So sitting chatting for a couple of hours is often difficult.

There are exceptions, such as a young lad in Phnom Penh who could go on for hours telling stories in English.
    No disagreement there.

Personally (just my preference, not necessarily anyone else's), I'd rather sit with a whole tribe of non-English speaking boys - then be trapped at a table talking to farang when I'm out having a good time. There's inevitably at least one boy who speaks English who serves as interpreter...and body language works like a charm, especially when you have your hand under the table stroking his cock.

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (January 27th, 2022), Brad the Impala (January 24th, 2022), Patanawet (January 23rd, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 24th, 2022)