List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Music Volume: When will they ever learn ?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Music Volume: When will they ever learn ?

Old men whingeing. 'Twas ever thus!

2. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (January 23rd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Never seen he expression “you pays your money and take your choice”?

Sorry, In your case, heard it.
    Again, that's not how the world works. If I try treating anyone under my employ in that manner, even the $8/hour Filipinos, I will quickly find myself spending time on the job boards looking for new people who want to work for me, and rightfully so.

And vice versa. If someone I'm taking care of treats me in that manner, they quickly find themselves on the job boards looking for someone new to take care of them.

You do realize the happier and more comfortable you make the boys, the happier and more comfortable they're likely to make you, right? Or has that little concept escaped you?

Liked

But if the music volume is that loud, how are the boys supposed to hear the sounds their smartphone games make while they are busy playing and ignoring the customers . . . ?

5. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 22nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Take your sorry old fat ass and go elsewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

That's just called being an asshole. .
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Why I will never go to Pride nor that other place in Soi 4 because of the owner’s insistence that a “gay” bar is one full of fag hags
    Wow a bullseye. A Direct Hit even.

This from the three wise men (sorry crackpots) of the Board. Between them they could produce enough material for an Annual Convention of Phycologists!

No Platformed
    Liked

Between them they could produce enough material for an Annual Convention of Phycologists!
    A “phycologist”? Is that the sort of person who gives a phlying phuck?

8. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 22nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Most of the expats who write on the boards often tell us they do not frequent (sorry!) the gay areas, so there’s no point is asking them the question.

As the night goes on the lights go down and the music goes up. TIT. These bars are staffed by younger people and they just don’t understand older people’s preferences. They think it’s a disco!
    Most of the gay expats I know do in fact frequent the gay areas (when they're open). That's why most of them are here.

As far as the music volume goes:

Lights going down and music going up (as you stated) is to be expected in bar scenes run by younger people. If you want a quiet more subdued environment - then it would probably be best if you went to bar scenes which cater more to older people. The Pattaya Marriott has a small piano bar on its lower level - accompanied on occasion by a string quartet which comes to mind.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to party and have sex with young people you need to learn how to accept the generational differences. If you think your money can change any of this, you're sadly mistaken.

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (January 22nd, 2022), daydreamer (February 8th, 2022), dinagam (January 22nd, 2022), lukylok (January 22nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What's wrong with walls and doors? when Boyztown was thriving and didn't even have enforced closing times, the music was contained within the bars and did not disrupt those who wanted to chat with the guys and with friends. Or sleep at 0300.

Now, the bars are open to the world; no walls, no doors.. The fashion for letting the music take over the soi is relatively new and began after Thob closed.

The enclosed bars entertained hundreds (BBB, Cockpit/Throb et al). The open bars were entertaining a couple of dozen when I was last there.
    At the same time, three gay hotels were being affected to their detriment. Something, by the way, the managers complained about. And were ignored.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 22nd, 2022), goji (January 22nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to party and have sex with young people you need to learn how to accept the generational differences. If you think your money can change any of this, you're sadly mistaken.
    We've been having our cake and eating it for years, as the majority of bars catering to mature farang keep the music at a sensible level. The working boys will show up anyway, as good pros do.
    Also, it's very much a mistake to think all young people like loud music. Some have far more sense.

In Sunee, none of the bars play loud music.
    Jomtien Complex has just one bar which is a regular offender, which can be avoided by moving a few bars away.
    Unfortunately when BBB play loud music outside, it screws up the ambience for the whole soi. But I'll just take my business elsewhere.

14. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 22nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    it's very much a mistake to think all young people like loud music. Some have far more sense.
    That is true. Many boys complained about it, but the volume was kept at that range anyway. I think it is not only mistaken, but insulting to one's intelligence to try to pass off customers who don't like music volume at a level that blasts eardrums and is actually physically dangerous as old farts who just don't understand young people. Maybe it's the people saying that who really are the ones who don't understand young people, no matter how much they've convinced themselves that they do.

The music volume debate is certainly nothing new. Long before Covid for years we were debating it. As far as I know, nothing changed.

At go-go bars where the music volume is excessively loud, are the boys dancing any better than at go-go bars playing music at a sensible level? Are they making more eye contact with customers? Are they doing any more to get customers to take them off? I've never noticed better boy behavior at bars playing excessively loud music, certainly no better than at bars playing music at a sensible level.

I have no idea why some are actually trying to justify music volume being played at such levels. I, for one, will not be among those who think excessively loud music is a great idea. And it will also be difficult to convince me that many on this board truly enjoy it. Some might be pretending to enjoy it or are trying to convince themselves they truly enjoy it, but I believe that's as far as it goes.

I kind of hate to bring this up, but some of you may remember that a city ordinance exists prohibiting the music volume to exceed 90 decibels, a volume level they compared to the volume level of a passing motorbike. So, any venue playing music exceeding 90 decibels is breaking the law.

I recall when this ordinance was first enacted the police were out there vigorously enforcing it. I think the enforcement lasted nearly a full week . . .

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    We've been having our cake and eating it for years, as the majority of bars catering to mature farang keep the music at a sensible level.
    I'm with Boris on this one: “My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it."