List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Music Volume: When will they ever learn ?

Liked

Music Volume: When will they ever learn ?

I made a brief visit to Boyztown on Friday.
    Just 3 bars were open: Castro, Serene and BBB.

The noise level in the soi was rather high, so I did a quick survey and picked a seat at BBB away from the loudspeaker.
    They had a show with 3 handsome young men, smartly dressed, a lady boy and then a couple of lady men. Good of them for continuing to make an effort and having the 3 smartly dressed lads.

I counted a maximum of 43 customers across all 3 bars. That's counting everyone at a table as a customer, so this may include some staff.
    As the music was too loud, I decided to make it 42 customers. Walking away, the volume was reasonable by the time I got to the entrance to The Penthouse and it was still audible 2 sois away. Now I can't claim the volume was ridiculous, but it was certainly unpleasant, even after I made sure I wasn't in front of the speaker. I suspect that if they cut the volume by 30%, they would lose no customers and gain quite a few.
    Or do the expats and the handful of long term tourists like loud music ?

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 22nd, 2022), Oliver2 (January 21st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Music Volume: When will they ever learn ?

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Or do the expats and the handful of long term tourists like loud music ?
    Most of the expats who write on the boards often tell us they do not frequent (sorry!) the gay areas, so there’s no point is asking them the question.

As the night goes on the lights go down and the music goes up. TIT. These bars are staffed by younger people and they just don’t understand older people’s preferences. They think it’s a disco!

I remember sitting in Funny Boys a few years ago at the beginning of its decline. The music got louder and louder and eventually I was the only one left. I asked the Cashier if he knew why everyone had left. He didn’t.

At the end of the conversation he knew exactly why they had gone.

A year later I bumped into him in his new job at Panorama and during the chat he asked me if the music volume as okay. The previous conversation had obviously worked.

By the way I used to consider BBB was the worst offender. Now I have changed my mind and as far as I’m concerned it is now The Palace (think that’s the name) in Jomtien. It’s 2 doors up from @Home bar and sitting in that nice bar it is sometimes almost unbearable.

The noise is so bad that other bars nearby must be losing a lot of trade because of it. If I was the owner of an adjacent bar I would be having words.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (January 21st, 2022), Oliver2 (January 21st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I climb back on my hobby-horse. I shall never forgive the owners of the bars, particularly the new one (well, it was new at the time) that drove us to abandon Ambiance (in my case after twenty years and nearly seventy visits) because they insisted on playing loud music at 0300 for a dozen customers.

And we are not the only people who departed..

6. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 21st, 2022)

Liked

Then stay at home and crochet a sweater.

Geez... god forbid you allow the guys who are tasked with providing you with pleasure to be comfortable in their workplace.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (January 22nd, 2022), Dodger (January 22nd, 2022), Manforallseasons (January 21st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

Geez... god forbid you allow the guys who are tasked with providing you with pleasure to be comfortable in their workplace.
    Absolutely. We TASK them. We pay them. We employ them. We feed them. We keep their business afloat.

So WE make the rules as would any other paying customer in any other type of transaction.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (January 22nd, 2022), christianpfc (January 22nd, 2022), francois (January 22nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Absolutely. We TASK them. We pay them. We employ them. We feed them. We keep their business afloat.

So WE make the rules as would any other paying customer in any other type of transaction.

Yeah, except that's not how the world works -- at all.

That's just called being an asshole. Try working with people instead of above them -- you'll get far better results.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (January 22nd, 2022), Dodger (January 22nd, 2022), Manforallseasons (January 21st, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Never seen he expression “you pays your money and take your choice”?

Sorry, In your case, heard it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We just can't be happy that the bar was open and they were making money?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Never seen he expression “you pays your money and take your choice”?

Sorry, In your case, heard it.
    Take your sorry old fat ass and go elsewhere!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

16. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (January 23rd, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Why I will never go to Pride nor that other place in Soi 4 because of the owner’s insistence that a “gay” bar is one full of fag hags