Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

At the same time, three gay hotels were being affected to their detriment. Something, by the way, the managers complained about. And were ignored.
During my early visits to Thailand Boyztown was my home-away-from-home. I loved it...spent every night there...and didn't mind the loud music at all. BUT, I never once considered staying in one of the hotels you're referencing because I wanted peace and quiet when my head hit the pillow. I never could figure out why guys who are bothered by loud music, (which would bother me too if I was trying to relax or sleep), would stay in these places. Go figure!

I made the mistake during my first visit to Phuket buy staying in a room right above a bar in Paradise Complex. The bass speakers were so loud that the pictures on the walls in my room were tilted...I kid you not. The boy I had with me that night just sat in the bed laughing. I checked out the next morning and found a B&B a few blocks away which worked out fine.

As my mind wanders...I remember sitting with a small group of boys in the old Butterfly Karaoke (Soi Day/Night - behind the old Hollywood Disco) listening to a ladyboy lip-syncing a Thai pop song which was playing at full volume. The place was packed...drinks were flowing...everyone was having a great time. Then, in walks a farang with a few boys in tow who sat in the circular sofa right next to ours. The minute the waiter walked up to his table he started making these strange facial expressions while simultaneously holding both ears. He then abruptly demanded that the waiter have the music volume lowered. The boys who were with him just looked down at the ground in embarrassment, as did the waiter. The music played on...as did the farangs continuous complaining, until the manager (a stocky ladyboy mamasan) finally came to his table - handed him his bin - and asked him to leave.