Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya infection rates down?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya infection rates down?

Pattaya Media Groups News publishes figures for Banglamung (including Pattaya) each working day.

In the last week or so they have been published as follows:

7 Jan 712
    12 Jan 400
    13 Jan 467
    14 Jan 419
    17 Jan 208

Which is as one would expect after the domestic tourists who flooded the place over NYE have departed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if5SYgYVl6Y

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya infection rates down?

50% down in the UK, too. I'd given-up on my March trip; now I reckon I'm in with a chance.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 18th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I see from the above link that today’s figure for Banglamung, including Pattaya, is down to double figures, only 89.

If those voluntary testing centres are still active in Walking Street and Soi Buckau....maybe people have seen the sense!

Liked

Of course people will learn to avoid the public test centres when they get detained for 10 days upon failing. I'm surprised it took so long for that to happen.

So when people avoid tests, the COVID results become meaningless. Numbers 1/8th of the level 3 weeks ago are showing a remarkable drop compared with what we might expect.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 27th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For the first time last night in a restaurant we were asked to sign in and undertake a covid test.

At least that’s what I thought the proprietor was saying.

It turned out we signed in and were then given two successful test results (one each) which were placed on our table!!

TIT!

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (January 28th, 2022), Mancs (January 29th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

It turned out we signed in and were then given two successful test results (one each) which were placed on our table!!
    Can you imagine being handed two test results that showed "POSITIVE"...hahahahahaha!!!

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 28th, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 29th, 2022)

Liked

I think the daily covid positive totals in Thailand are not really high,,,as the population is NOT getting tested like other countries,,If the people did get tested regularly the daily totals would really be high...maybe not,,just my feeling

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 29th, 2022), goji (January 29th, 2022)

Liked

Yeah, something seems to be off as Thailand never reported an Omnikron surge, so I'm going to assume the numbers are way higher.

Not that it really matters anymore. Hell, there's provinces in Canada with 43% positivity rate. In other words, we're all going to get Covid if we haven't already had it (most of us probably have), so don't worry about it anymore and go live your life.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

Yeah, something seems to be off as Thailand never reported an Omnikron surge, so I'm going to assume the numbers are way higher.
    Agree.

I think the only thing that's "surging" is the number of people who are refusing to take the test.

Omicron isn't any worse than the flu or common cold - so why should people deal with the costs and inconveniences of a controlled quarantine, especially when they don't trust the people who are administering this process. It's a lot easier and cheaper, and probably safer in the long run, to just stay at home for a few days until they're better.

I also agree with your statement about most people having caught the virus already anyway. - with some people not even aware of the fact they had it. Enough is enough with this bullshit.

15. 5 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 29th, 2022), goji (January 29th, 2022), kkjason (January 29th, 2022), snotface (January 29th, 2022), splinter1949 (January 30th, 2022)