Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Residency Requirements

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Permanent Residency Requirements

Heck of a time to consider permanent residency with most go go bars closed and restrictions on entry.
    But has always been in the back of my head, always after one last vacation to check out recent changes in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYoiTLq9Ufw

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Permanent Residency Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    Heck of a time to consider permanent residency with most go go bars closed and restrictions on entry.
    But has always been in the back of my head, always after one last vacation to check out recent changes in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYoiTLq9Ufw
    So you think the 100 person limit per nationality per year (long waiting list) and fluency in Thai worthwhile? As I recall it's no longer available for retirees but frankly why would you bother? In my opinion the Thaiger enterprise is one of the least reliable. Dodgems loves it - draw your own conclusions

Forum's veteran
    Liked

They were interviewing a lawyer that helps with permanent residency cases for a living.
    I'd listen to a lawyer before I'd listen to a ding-dong.

Liked

The lawyer was very vague about costs.
    I did it a decade or so ago and as far as I know the prices to the Thai government haven't changed since then.
    When you initially apply, the non-returnable fee was about 8,000 Baht.

Many months later, maybe a couple of years, when you are accepted, the government fee was something like 181,000 Baht (half if you are married to a Thai) and, I think, not chargeable if rejected.

The amount of documents they need are enormous and I think someone to guide you through all this would be invaluable.

I looked, on the year that I was accepted, at the list of successful applicants, and in the countries that I looked at --- nowhere near 100 applicants from each.

The P.R. HAS TO get a re-entry permit if going abroad on holiday etc. so not all visits to Chaeng Wattana are avoided.

No Platformed
    Liked

They were interviewing a lawyer that helps with permanent residency cases for a living.
    I'd listen to a lawyer before I'd listen to a ding-dong.
    Knock your socks off - retirees are no longer eligible for permanent residence - https://www.thaicitizenship.com/the-...ent-residence/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The lawyer covered that in the interview for anyone with an average IQ to figure out (Thai taxed income).

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    I did it ...
    That explains so much about you

No Platformed
    Liked

The lawyer covered that in the interview for anyone with an average IQ to figure out (Thai taxed income).
    You claim to be a Thai taxpayer?
    Heck of a time to consider permanent residency with most go go bars closed and restrictions on entry. But has always been in the back of my head, always after one last vacation to check out recent changes in person.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dab,

You're being intentionally baited into controversy by the Board Troll. The majority of us have placed him on "Ignore" for this very reason.

Up2U.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 12th, 2022), Patanawet (January 12th, 2022), StevieWonders (January 12th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

And if it's citizenship you're after, the requirements have just got more onerous - https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/obt...e-complicated/