Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Where are they now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Where are they now?

I was friendly with German Peter who was the original owner of Krazy Dragon, after a long night in Boystown I would walk through Sunee and he would be sitting at the horseshoe shaped bar outside and would insist I join him for a drink, it was hard to say no as it became a late night gathering place for boys from Btown and Sunee.
    What later was know as the Corner Bar began as The Sports Bar owned by a Thai named Dang, it never closed was open 24 hrs. There were times when I watched the sun come up before returning home to sleep, it also was a popular place for cops to come and have a drink on their break.
    BTW back in the day Sunee Bars had no official closing hours they were open as long as they had customers.
    Green Chairs Bar (Pai’s bar) at times was so busy that chairs were row after row in the street, If you weren’t into gay fem boys it was a great place to pick up guys playing pool there.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 8th, 2022), dab69 (January 10th, 2022), francois (January 9th, 2022), poshglasgow (January 9th, 2022)

Liked

Re: Where are they now?

Yes, I remember Dang when it was the Sports Bar. After he left SP he opened a place with snooker tables in a side soi off Breeders Avenue (Soi Buakhao). The Sports Bar had a certain reputation and was raided on at least one occasion. And, you're quite right, it was a favourite stopping place of the BsinB. I often spotted the former owner of Memory bar (situated in Naklua in the nineties) in there with other ex-pat club owners. They were swatting off MBs like flies. I understand that the northerner who owned Memory Bar died back home in the UK. Did I hear correctly he'd taken his own life?