Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are they now?

Liked

Re: Where are they now?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    In memoriam "Tiger."
    A toothless urchin, cute and willing, he was provided with a set of false teeth and went on to entertain falangs for many a year.
    A trip to Pattaya or Jomtien beach was never complete without seeing Tiger.
    I do remember one time he'd somehow upset one of the donors of his dentures who snatched them from his mouth, threw them to the soi and stamped on them (at least that's what Tiger told me).
    He had many farang friends and could occasionally be seen with the odd gold ring.
    RIP Tiger.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dubdavie (January 11th, 2022), Oliver2 (January 10th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...ice cream vendor on jomtien beach...screeeching "I scream...u scream...we scream"...

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 11th, 2022), poshglasgow (January 13th, 2022), splinter1949 (January 13th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...ice cream vendor on jomtien beach...screeeching "I scream...u scream...we scream"...
    He was still there during my last visit in February 2020. I was told that he was doing well enough to build a house somewhere in Bang SarŠµ and buy a new car.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 11th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..hope thats true as he certainly works hard for the money lugging that ice cream cooler box all over the beach in the humid heat

8. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 12th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of Tiger. No one knew the ropes better.

Friends from the past who were also woven into the fabric of Pattaya - who will remain embedded in my memory include:

From Euro Boys Gogo - Sunee Plaza

Mamasan Jack: Mamasan of Mamasans - a true legend.(deceased around 2008)
    Ladyboy Oil: Euro Boys Waiter (last seen Walking Street)
    Gulf: Oils str8 boyfriend who played the music at Euro Boys (enlisted in the army - last seen with his wife and 2 small children)
    Mo, Ton, Dee, Gang, & Nung: Euro Boys Dancers (Mo deceased 2012 - Nung incarcerated - Ton & Nung Walking Street - Gang (?)

This is just one bar from a long list. But, for some reason, this bar and the staff at the time, have left a huge impression..

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 13th, 2022), poshglasgow (January 13th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have a vague recollection of a Sunee bar which was decorated (if that's the apposite word) with chains suspended from the ceiling....was that Euroboys?

Liked

Yes
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Many of my very early memories were of the Cafe Royale, where I stayed on a number of occasions from 1993. I loved Ambiance too and stayed there many times. I was treated very well by Gordon and Jim. Ah, the good old days of BoyStown before it became BoyZtown!
    Jim is a fellow Scot but I've never stayed at the Baan Souy. Maybe this coming year??

My dream? that by the end of this year, 2022, those of us festering with LOS withdrawal symptoms will soon be able to head to LGW or LHR, board a flight destined for Thailand, settle down with a cool beer in an aisle seat and prepare for touchdown at Bangkok airport in 11 hours.

A fellow poster recently shared the experience, common to us all, of leaving the airconditioned airport building only to be hit by the heat and characteristic smell of Bangkok, while the driver steers our suitcase through the characteristic labyrinth of floors and cars of the airport car park.
    "Good to meet you, sir, you come Pattaya before? Please, wait here, I go car."
    You sink back into the seat and leave the next 80 minutes to him, while you slip in and out of consciousness after a long flight, eased by the numerous beers consumed mid-air, served by the cute cabin steward you targeted when you first stepped aboard.
    Next stop: The Venue in Jomtien and @Home bar, knowing that Zak will have plenty of beers in the fridge!!!
    Sound familiar?

14. 11 Users gave Like to post:

AdamKY (January 14th, 2022), arsenal (January 13th, 2022), Aux1010 (January 15th, 2022), daydreamer (February 7th, 2022), dinagam (January 13th, 2022), Dodger (January 13th, 2022), francois (January 13th, 2022), jvt22222 (January 13th, 2022), Oliver2 (January 13th, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 13th, 2022), splinter1949 (January 13th, 2022)