Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapid tests required for Bangkok discos

Liked

Rapid tests required for Bangkok discos

A few days ago I was out with a friend who is a disco-goer. We went to a bar/disco in Ekkamai that was recommended as having a gay corner. Outside a table and staff for ATK was set up. My vaccination was more than 3 months ago, I would have had to take a test to get in. I refused. They even offered the test for free (originally asking for 150 THB), but the issue is not the money.

We skipped and continued to Ratchada Soi 14. There, everyone regardless of vaccination/booster had to take a test. I said bye to my friend and went home (no test required to use MRT).

Two days ago, I passed DJ station and inquired: no test required, closing time 1 am, entry 500 THB including two drinks (New Years Eve, cashier at begin of soi whereas last time I remember 3 years ago only DJ station had an entry fee).

My chances of hooking up in a gay disco are 5%, with a small benefit of intercourse. Chances of getting tested positive are estimated 0.01-1% (a wide range, would have to know number of tests performed and number of test returned positive), with a huge disadvantage of two weeks quarantine.

My personal statistics is 7 tests, one of them positive (before going to Cambodia Nov2020), costing me two weeks in home quarantine in Germany, about 1000 USD additional costs for going to Cambodia, and a lot of hassle. I avoid testing at all cost.

covid test 115824641_2617122095284414_1567099638396085226_n.jpg

A friend in Germany wanted to go to a restaurant, but his last vaccination/booster was more than 3 months ago, no entry for him! The following were funny a year ago, but not any more:

66d0cf677616817547e3e67e53df989e.0.jpg

FB_IMG_1629361208394.jpg

But what will happen if you test positive in Thailand when going to a disco or restaurant? Do they tell you to go home (the shortest way, avoiding contact with other people) and stay there two weeks, or will a team with Hazmat suits come and take you to a quarantine facility (that you would have to pay for, but that would be the least issue for me).

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (January 3rd, 2022), Dodger (January 2nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Rapid tests required for Bangkok discos

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Just too funny...LOL!!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

. I avoid testing at all cost..
    And people wonder how viruses spread !! Definitely a true saying about someone being able to be so smart they're stupid !

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 16th, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 3rd, 2022), siscu58 (January 5th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    And people wonder how viruses spread !! Definitely a true saying about someone being able to be so smart they're stupid !
    Testing in the UK is fine, as they give out free test kits. You can just stay at home after a failure.

In Thailand, after a failure, I gather we are carted off to a quarantine hospital and get billed for it. That's certainly the case if failing tests upon arrival and I gather that's the case at any time. So guess what ? People avoid tests at all costs. Stupid policies have unintended consequences.

No Platformed
    Liked

Similar stupidity is being imposed on visitors to Soi 4. The bar owners have set up a checkpoint for everyone to show proof of vaccination, get a temperature test and at one stage offer an ATK test. Being vaccinated offers no guarantee that you can’t get COVID and pass it on, just that the most likely outcome for you is you’ll either be asymptomatic or have a mild bout. The restaurant owners are offering a fig leaf in an attempt to keep their businesses going

Among my intimate young Thai acquaintances all of whom are vaccinated, albeit some of them with Chinese junk, three already have COVID. I told them to Buy British Best but the latest news out of the UK is that AstraZeneca by itself (without a booster) is less effective or even ineffective against Omicron

Liked

A Farang friend's non-Thai Asian boyfriend had light symptoms and tested positive on ATK. They told him stay home, except for coming back the following day for a PCR test to confirm the result. That was positive as well, and he had to quarantine two weeks at home. My Farang friend quarantined as well on his own accord.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Among my intimate young Thai acquaintances all of whom are vaccinated, albeit some of them with Chinese junk, three already have COVID. I told them to Buy British Best but the latest news out of the UK is that AstraZeneca by itself (without a booster) is less effective or even ineffective against Omicron
    I was working in UAE last year.. In February, one of our office came back from Italy. In a week the whole office was sick. 2 went to hospital. This was before we knew what it was (we really don't know now because there was no test, but the symptoms matched.) November they gave us the Chinese SinoPharm vaccine (2 doses) and we were tested every 7 days from July on.

Came home, doctor said get the US vaccine.... 3 more doses of Moderna....

I assume I am invincible!.

10. User who gave Like to post:

steveky (January 28th, 2022)

Liked

The following picture and text taken from https://web.facebook.com/richardbarr...88717125947889

271887740_488716872614581_3521139378102136179_n.jpg

📌 Guidelines on the treatment and management of COVID-19 patients
    - The Ministry of Public Health has clarified the guidelines on the treatment and management of COVID-19 patients as follows.
    IN CASE OF POSITIVE RESULT
    • if you are Persons under investigation (PUI) with ‘positive’ result on the ATK test, please contact the National Health Security Office (NHSO) number 1330 or add LINE @nhso. There will be officials on standby to help give advice and assess the symptom level.
    • Patients with no to mild symptoms and no other risk factors such as congenital diseases can opt to undergo Home Isolation or Community Isolation, in which officials will follow, inquire, and look after the symptoms constantly, as well as providing medicine and other necessities until recovered.
    • In this case, the policy is implemented based on the fact that most people who have been diagnosed with the Omnicron variant usually have mild to no symptoms and do not need to undergo treatment at the hospital as well as to preserve the capacity of the public health system for critical cases.
    • However, if the patient’s symptoms worsen during Home Isolation or Community Isolation, the officials will immediately coordinate the transfer of patients to the hospital so they can receive proper medical attention.
    • Subsequently, patients with a positive result from the ATK test with symptoms or risk factors such as other underlying medical conditions are to be sent to the hospital for treatment, the criteria for which is as follows:
    - Fever exceeding 39 Celsius for more than 24 hours;
    - For adults, having rapid breathing of 25 times or more per minute;
    - Low blood oxygen level (less than 94 per cent);
    - Belonging to high-risk groups with underlying medical conditions; and
    - For children, difficulty breathing, drowsiness, lesser intake of food/milk.
    📌 IN CASE OF NEGATIVE RESULT
    • In the case of a negative result from the ATK test, there will be further consideration of whether the patient has symptoms or not. If the symptoms are present, a repeat PCR test is required to check the results once again. • However, if there are no symptoms present, it is necessary to consider the risk from past contacts. If there is a history of close contact in high-risk areas, self-quarantine and ATK self-check for every 3 days or when symptoms are present is required. If the result turns ‘positive’, contact NHSO.
    • For those who are not in high-risk areas, self-quarantine is not mandatory, but it is required to follow the DMHT measures, which includes social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands, and checking body temperature before entering different locations.
    Source: CCSA and PRD Thai Government

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There's not a single agency, hospital, testing station, business, or individual in Thailand, that's going to comprehend, let alone follow, these slap-stick Guidelines. The flowchart above looks like it was developed by retarded 5 year old, and if this is the best the Ministry of Public Health can do, it's best to assume that every single agency, hospital, testing station, business, and individual in Thailand, will be taking a knee-jerk approach in a state of total confusion.

Welcome to Thailand!

13. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 14th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    There's not a single agency, hospital, testing station, business, or individual in Thailand, that's going to comprehend, let alone follow, these slap-stick Guidelines. The flowchart above looks like it was developed by retarded 5 year old, and if this is the best the Ministry of Public Health can do, it's best to assume that every single agency, hospital, testing station, business, and individual in Thailand, will be taking a knee-jerk approach in a state of total confusion.

Welcome to Thailand!
    Go on Dodgems, write up an ISO 9000-compliant QA procedure for them. You have plenty of time on your hands