Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

This getting a test each and everytime you want a restaurant, a bar, a department store is toooo much..taking a test every 3 days...come on..

Liked

Passing a test is no big deal, whether it is free on Soi Bukhao or costs 60 Baht for patrons of gay bars.

Failing and being sent to quarantine for 14 days and then getting billed for it would be less amusing.

At Tree Town, people had to show ID before being tested. So quietly sneaking off home for a few days after failing won't work, since immigration know where we live. Obviously I didn't get tested, as I just went to check it out on a "dry" night.
    The testing people were doing a little trade at 20:50, but weren't exactly busy. 200m down the road, the other free test centre at LK seemed to have no customers when I went past.

How does it work in Jomtien ? Do you need to show ID before the test ?

Also, I don't know what the specificity of their tests are. I just looked at one US paper and they ranged from 92% to 100%. So the lowest quality has almost a 1 in 12 chance of a false positive result. That would be rather high for my liking, if testing every 3 days and a getting a "Go to Jail" card for failing.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    All that happened here was that I was tested when I entered the bar and my name and contact number were recorded.
    I was encouraged to photograph the test result as it would be good for entry to other bars for 3 days.
    I am not an authority on this!
    Just reporting my experience.

4. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 2nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Passing a test is no big deal, whether it is free on Soi Bukhao or costs 60 Baht for patrons of gay bars.

Failing and being sent to quarantine for 14 days and then getting billed for it would be less amusing.

At Tree Town, people had to show ID before being tested. So quietly sneaking off home for a few days after failing won't work, since immigration know where we live. Obviously I didn't get tested, as I just went to check it out on a "dry" night.
    The testing people were doing a little trade at 20:50, but weren't exactly busy. 200m down the road, the other free test centre at LK seemed to have no customers when I went past.

Also, I don't know what the specificity of their tests are. I just looked at one US paper and they ranged from 92% to 100%. So the lowest quality has almost a 1 in 12 chance of a false positive result. That would be rather high for my liking, if testing every 3 days and a getting a "Go to Jail" card for failing.
    All things considered, I don’t think people will be running to bars and restaurants which will further devastate what business is left.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    All things considered, I don’t think people will be running to bars and restaurants which will further devastate what business is left.
    Or another way of looking at it would be that "untested people, who may well be asymptomatic may just decide to stay home over the next week or two while this is in place rather than getting "caught", rather than them being out every night possibly spreading the virus ( even more than they already possibly are). If so Im sure the authorities would be thinking "great, job done" either way there then perhaps.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Enough fucking around! Close all bars, restaurants and shopping malls and restrict travel to and from Chonburi for a month.
    Why? What happened?

Liked

It's for real..
    That is the rapid testing site at Tree Town on soi Bukhao, next to my favorite kebab stand, it's for people who wish to test, so what? It was there Saturday night and tonight, what's the harm, if people volunteer to test, all Thais btw, let them.

There is more testing staff there in NASA costumes than people being tested. No foreigner is forced to test, nor would anyone in their right mind be willing. No bar, no restaurant has been asking anyone for test today, I 've been out all day. Why are you guys freaking out?

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 3rd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

The prospects of attracting tourists to come to Pattaya just got dumped down the tubes. And I feel sorry for those like yourself who made the mistake of coming here.
    As of 0.40 AM Monday morning nothing has changed, that includes Starbucks, places most likely to obey every stupid law, and unless bars and restaurants start asking for test tomorrow, you are panicking for no reason. Calm down, guys; nothing has changed, lets keep our outrage and panic buttons for when something actually happens.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 3rd, 2022)

Liked

By 1 AM Monday morning I had entered four bars and several restaurant during the day, no one asked me anything, we were sitting with friends on steps at Tree Town on soi Bukhao 'testing center' where staff outnumbered the testees 10 to 1, it was funny to observe all the excitement.

I nor any foreigner in their right mind will submit to this test if ID is required, there will always be ton of places here that will never follow this idiocy. This law is very likely forgotten before it's even enforced.

But panic away if you must.

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 5th, 2022), dinagam (January 3rd, 2022), goji (January 3rd, 2022)

Liked

totally agree certainly feels like that in Scotland ((not England) we couldnt even celebrate our famous Hogmany,here and the world renowned Edinburgh shows were cancelled,Thailand may have dictators but Scotland going down the same road and thats no joke