Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
Passing a test is no big deal, whether it is free on Soi Bukhao or costs 60 Baht for patrons of gay bars.

Failing and being sent to quarantine for 14 days and then getting billed for it would be less amusing.

At Tree Town, people had to show ID before being tested. So quietly sneaking off home for a few days after failing won't work, since immigration know where we live. Obviously I didn't get tested, as I just went to check it out on a "dry" night.
The testing people were doing a little trade at 20:50, but weren't exactly busy. 200m down the road, the other free test centre at LK seemed to have no customers when I went past.

How does it work in Jomtien ? Do you need to show ID before the test ?

Also, I don't know what the specificity of their tests are. I just looked at one US paper and they ranged from 92% to 100%. So the lowest quality has almost a 1 in 12 chance of a false positive result. That would be rather high for my liking, if testing every 3 days and a getting a "Go to Jail" card for failing.
All things considered, I don’t think people will be running to bars and restaurants which will further devastate what business is left.