FAQ & Help

Thread: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I’m sorry but that proves nothing.
    Does it really have to? From what I'm hearing, very few venues have been asking for test results in the first place and the ones that do want to see test results have been accepting whatever they are shown.

The only way I know of to prove the results would be to do the test right there at the venue with a staff member witnessing you do it. Even then, you could be keeping one in a pocket that shows a negative result and you can do a switch if the one you do at the venue results in a false positive.

However, if the test does result positive and you can't be sure whether you are truly positive or not, I'd say to get to a doctor and find out. If you legitimately are ill and need to be quarantined, I'd say to do it for your own good. I take Omicron or any other variant seriously and I'm not going to play games. If you do have to be quarantined, it may not be so bad or so expensive. My understanding is unless your symptoms are severe, they are letting people self-quarantine at home.

Of course, if you are in Thailand for a holiday and test positive, that could be a completely different story. If you are not already staying in one, you might have to move to a "hospitel".

I am among those who think having to do the test just to in a restaurant is absurd and overkill. But doing the test on your own every so often - to me that's a good idea.

Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    The only way I know of to prove the results would be to do the test right there at the venue with a staff member witnessing you do it. Even then, you could be keeping one in a pocket that shows a negative result and you can do a switch if the one you do at the venue results in a false positive.

However, if the test does result positive and you can't be sure whether you are truly positive or not, I'd say to get to a doctor and find out.
    I thought the diktat required us to either test at one of the official centres or at the actual venue we are visiting. The official tests are presumably documented, but we have to show ID first, so they can forget that!
    In practice, so far, none of the restaurants are requiring a test, so I can't comment on their procedures.

If I fail a COVID test, there is zero chance of me voluntarily going anywhere near a doctor, unless I were seriously ill. Which could happen, but is very low probability.
    The plan would be to isolate in my room.