Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    ​The good news is, according to a report in today's - January 4 - Pattaya Mail, restaurants outside the city part of Pattaya at least so far are ignoring the edict.
    That's definitely something to celebrate

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 4th, 2022)

Liked

"The real question is whether there is Covid in Jomtien Complex, as there is in many bars in Pattaya."

Yes.
    The bars/restaurants in Thailand are opening and closing like a Walking Street walkers privates. On the surface this seems like a bollocks to buggery half baked policy. And yet it brings in lifeline money for the bars and workers even for a short while so maybe not so hslf baked.

Liked

There was no testing required in the complex on Monday night. I did see some bars with test kits stacked up by the entrance, but I didn't see anyone taking tests.

I guess the rules will be ignored for a while, then it remains to be seen if the BIB show up and shut the bars for a night.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 4th, 2022)

Liked

Sinlapin issan had been operating until yesterday in their new outdoor area. Closed now for a week due to Covid.

Similarly some stores in terminal 21 have closed (notably h&m) due to Covid

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    There was no testing required in the complex on Monday night. I did see some bars with test kits stacked up by the entrance, but I didn't see anyone taking tests.

I guess the rules will be ignored for a while, then it remains to be seen if the BIB show up and shut the bars for a night.
    Coqtaile Bar was asking customers for proof of covid testing. Most bars were not. Bar owners are meeting soon to discuss having the entrances to the Complex blocked to screen customers.

There have been reports of covid infections at various Complex locations. Some close contacts of those infected are still attending the Complex showing photos of their negative tests which does not convince me. They should be isolating with their partners.

Liked

And now there are almost no test kits to be found, all sold out. I tried many places yesterday, including the big Fascino shops, and all were sold out. How can they possible expect to test all customers in restaurants and bars when there are no test kits for sale.

After hearing from friends that there have been many infections among staff and customers in the Complex I have no intention of going there for a few weeks now.

9. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (January 5th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    After hearing from friends that there have been many infections among staff and customers in the Complex I have no intention of going there for a few weeks now.
    A sensible decision, IMHO.

Some of us - including myself - are so desperate to hop into bed with a hot Thai guy that we are in danger of throwing caution to the wind. Keeping a cool head in these circumstances is very difficult, at least for me.

I was ready to fly up to Thailand the moment Western Australia opened its borders. Now I'm not so sure. I've given up on my planned April visit and will wait a bit longer to see how things pan out.

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't make it there anytime this year, even if rapid antigen tests are widely available.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (January 6th, 2022)

Liked

Omicron will come and go quickly.

But, while it’s here, I suspect that the infection rate for those who go to bars will be very, very high.

13. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (January 5th, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie99 View Post
    Omicron will come and go quickly.

But, while it’s here, I suspect that the infection rate for those who go to bars will be very, very high.
    Quickly? What are you basing that on? 6 weeks from trough to peak in South Africa and London. Then there's the decline from the peak to negotiate. Two to three months is much more likely

Liked

Omicron is supposed to be mild, so I would think anyone under (say) 80, in good health and with good vaccines shouldn't be sat at home in fear.
    For as long as I'm allowed to, I intend to carry on visiting Jomtien and other places. But I won't be taking any COVID test that will have the result shared with the authorities. I'm not being sent to a quarantine hospital.
    On that topic, there was an article in the Bangkok post today, saying Phuket has assigned about 500 rooms in quarantine hotels, as tourists are refusing to go to quarantine hospitals and refusing to pay the hospital deposit.

Thanks to stupid quarantine policies, I expect Thailand has no clue about how many people have COVID. After all, who will share test results if they will be sent to a COVID jail ?

There are quite a few people coughing around South Pattaya at present. That includes me, but I passed a lateral flow test, bought from the UK. I need to preserve my stock of those, as the supply of new tests may be tight for a few weeks.

16. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 5th, 2022), daydreamer (January 6th, 2022), Dodger (January 5th, 2022), gerefan2 (January 6th, 2022), Kenny (January 5th, 2022)