Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    The only way I know of to prove the results would be to do the test right there at the venue with a staff member witnessing you do it. Even then, you could be keeping one in a pocket that shows a negative result and you can do a switch if the one you do at the venue results in a false positive.

However, if the test does result positive and you can't be sure whether you are truly positive or not, I'd say to get to a doctor and find out.
    I thought the diktat required us to either test at one of the official centres or at the actual venue we are visiting. The official tests are presumably documented, but we have to show ID first, so they can forget that!
    In practice, so far, none of the restaurants are requiring a test, so I can't comment on their procedures.

If I fail a COVID test, there is zero chance of me voluntarily going anywhere near a doctor, unless I were seriously ill. Which could happen, but is very low probability.
    The plan would be to isolate in my room.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

To each his own.

The approach that Jai and I are taking is very simple; We're avoiding going to restaurants, or anywhere else for that fact, where a lot of people are gathering until this wave of Omicron has passed. If by chance either of us starts to feel ill we will take test(s) ourselves at home. If either of us were to test positive we would immediately self-quarantine to keep others safe. We wouldn't report this to anyone.

End of story.

3. User who gave Like to post:

billyhouston (January 6th, 2022)

Liked

Another Jomtien Complex bar/restauarant has been closed for the last two nights with a member of staff testing positive for Covid. With the lights out it is getting very dark at that end of the soi near the Thrappaya road entrance..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If rapid antigen testing of staff members was mandatory in each and every business operating in Thailand at 72 hour intervals- each and every business in Thailand would be closed. That would include all airports, banks, government agencies, schools, recreational facilities, shopping malls, convenience stores, and the list goes on.

This mandatory testing at public venues appears to be TARGETED at select businesses. I'll leave it at that.

Liked

Last night I went for a drink with friends in the Jomtien Complex.
    Like them, I had tested negative on an antigen test.
    As the bar staff had also tested negative I felt comfortable that I was in a covid safe environment.

I received a message from a friend who worked in a nearby bar. He was self-isolating after testing positive.
    I hadn't seen him for a few days but it was good of him to contact me just in case.
    He had lost his senses of taste and smell and surmised that he had the Delta variant.
    This morning he contacted me again. His condition had deteriorated, fever and chronic fatigue, and he was being taken to hospital.

I went on an errand by Motorbike taxi up Thepprasit Road. We were overtaken by two police trucks carrying about 15 people each, all Thai as far as I could tell.
    As they flew past with sirens wailing I asked the mototaxi driver what they were going to jail for?

"Covid" was the unsurprising reply, the consequence of testing positive was two weeks quarantine at the government's pleasure.

Things are getting a little bit serious...

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 7th, 2022), Mancs (January 7th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    .I went on an errand by Motorbike taxi up Thepprasit Road. We were overtaken by two police trucks carrying about 15 people each, all Thai as far as I could tell.
    As they flew past with sirens wailing I asked the mototaxi driver what they were going to jail for?

"Covid" was the unsurprising reply, the consequence of testing positive was two weeks quarantine at the government's pleasure.
    If there's any perception of the government detaining people, the population will do the obvious and avoid testing.

According to the CCSA briefing today, the options for people with covid are 1 Hospital at your own expense, 2 Field hospital or 3 Isolate at home. They didn't explicitly say who chooses if we can isolate at home. So until that's clear, I don't trust them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

I don't trust them.
    Don't feel bad, nobody else trusts them either.

Can you imagine going out to dinner and end up getting tossed in the back of a police pickup truck and carted off to quarantine in a field hospital for 14 days. I'm sure the field hospitals in Thailand are really comfortable too. You go in with a mild case of Omicron, and get discharged 14 days later with Delta from the overcrowded conditions in the hospital and die a few days later from double pneumonia. Too much fun!

10. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 8th, 2022)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Don't feel bad, nobody else trusts them either.

Can you imagine going out to dinner and end up getting tossed in the back of a police pickup truck and carted off to quarantine in a field hospital for 14 days. I'm sure the field hospitals in Thailand are really comfortable too. You go in with a mild case of Omicron, and get discharged 14 days later with Delta from the overcrowded conditions in the hospital and die a few days later from double pneumonia. Too much fun!
    I don’t know the current status of the bars/restaurants in the Complex simply because I don’t go there however, at lunch today 2 friends went to a bar there last night and they were asked to show their test, each carried one and had the date written on it as they did the test in their room, test kits that were given to them for free in the U.K. they were then allowed entrance and actually saw the bar owner refuse entry to a fellow who had no test.
    Good on him!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

We visited a grand total of 4 bars this evening and were not asked for tests anywhere. Well done to the bars concerned.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    We visited a grand total of 4 bars this evening and were not asked for tests anywhere. Well done to the bars concerned.
    Since it’s well done please share for those interested which they are.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"