Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

The Chonburi Governor released a new order late last night requiring rapid antigen tests for customers and restaurant staff.

Note, this story was first posted by Stevie - but seeing as most of the veteran and senior members have him on "ignore" I thought it best to re-post it here.

It looks like Jai and I will be dining in more often for a while.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/0...stablishments/

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 2nd, 2022), DoubleDutch (January 2nd, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 3rd, 2022)

Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

I guess the penalty for failing a test is being sent to quarantine. Therefore I won't be visiting any "restaurant" enforcing testing or checking in.

No sign of enforcement yet and I deliberately decided to have lunch at a location likely to follow the rules.
    If this IS enforced, I shall be on a bus to Bangkok within a few days.

The danger here is not the latest mild COVID strain meeting a vaccinated population, but the unelected regime imposing more excessive restrictions on people.

4. 5 Users gave Like to post:

billyhouston (January 2nd, 2022), christianpfc (January 2nd, 2022), dab69 (January 2nd, 2022), Dodger (January 2nd, 2022), DoubleDutch (January 2nd, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

I guess the penalty for failing a test is being sent to quarantine. Therefore I won't be visiting any "restaurant" enforcing testing or checking in.
    If I'm reading this right, any person who dines regularly in restaurants would have to take a rapid antigen test every 72 hours to stay within the 72 hour window. The fact that the reliability of these tests is still widely in question presents risk of quarantine even for some people who don't have the virus.

The prospects of attracting tourists to come to Pattaya just got dumped down the tubes. And I feel sorry for those like yourself who made the mistake of coming here.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Below is a PattayaOne update which pretty much says the same thing.

There you have it - another unenforceable knee-jerk requirement that some will follow - and some won't.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/all...19-test-385022

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    There you have it - another unenforceable knee-jerk requirement that some will follow - and some won't.
    Also, it's probably just another excuse for the mafia in brown to collect more bribes.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Also, it's probably just another excuse for the mafia in brown to collect more bribes.
    Yep.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Enough fucking around! Close all bars, restaurants and shopping malls and restrict travel to and from Chonburi for a month.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

This is the outcome of the devious schemes of the political elites of the Faschist USA, Britain, the Neo Faschist Germany, Hitlerian Austria and other European countries and five eyes alliance go about twisting the arms of weaker governments in forcing vaccine mandates and unscientific testing of even asymptomatic people and the population in general. Dominance and profit is their motto.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    This is the outcome of the devious schemes of the political elites of the Faschist USA, Britain, the Neo Faschist Germany, Hitlerian Austria and other European countries and five eyes alliance go about twisting the arms of weaker governments in forcing vaccine mandates and unscientific testing of even asymptomatic people and the population in general. Dominance and profit is their motto.
    Settle down peasant

Liked

Go ahead and bury your dickhead in the sand...