Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Since it’s well done please share for those interested which they are.
    They could have been any bar.

They are all taking a “ realistic” approach.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    We visited a grand total of 4 bars this evening and were not asked for tests anywhere. Well done to the bars concerned.
    Since it’s well done please share for those interested which they are.
    Best left unsaid. See pic’ to follow ...

LLSS.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (January 9th, 2022), Dodger (January 8th, 2022), francois (January 9th, 2022), goji (January 8th, 2022)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    They could have been any bar.

They are all taking a “ realistic” approach.
    I gather theses “realistic” approaches has lead to the closure of Boystown and will push the authorities to have no choice but to close these so called bar restaurants and will possibly curtail the ability to sell alcohol once again in restaurants, already as of today restaurants are ordered to close at PM. As Covid infections appear to be doubling almost daily the “realistic approaches” are destine to close any and all venues selling alcohol.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

No Platformed
    Liked

I gather theses “realistic” approaches has lead to the closure of Boystown and will push the authorities to have no choice but to close these so called bar restaurants and will possibly curtail the ability to sell alcohol once again in restaurants, already as of today restaurants are ordered to close at PM. As Covid infections appear to be doubling almost daily the “realistic approaches” are destine to close any and all venues selling alcohol.
    The evidence that restrictions “work” for Omicron can be inferred from the following:

01A359C6-D873-4016-931C-510813F6AF87.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

already as of today restaurants are ordered to close at PM..
    I do not understand that comment. Nothing is mandated as of today. What do you mean by “to close at PM”??

Bars (restaurants!) in Pattaya are permitted to sell booze without restriction until Sunday 9 January . Normal closing times apply.

Then they are to stop selling booze after 9 pm. I assume you can drink up, finish your meal, etc until later.

Boyztown bars have been totally closed “for your safety” since 6 January...see goji’s pic below.

I hope someone in the know can explain why they were totally closed 4 days prior to the ‘early closing’ date.

Attached Images Attached Images

7. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 8th, 2022)

Liked

Frankly, I think as long as bars/restaurants that actually use testing results taken within the prescribed 72 hours should be allow to remain open as long as they want.

Done at home yesterday…..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As Covid infections appear to be doubling almost daily the “realistic approaches” are destine to close any and all venues selling alcohol.
    Yes, while the actual places where people are catching the virus remain open. It's like being at Disneyland.

They were setting up those huge bleachers for spectators again on Jomtien Beach last week to host another mega sporting event. No antigen tests going on there...but the bars and restaurants where all these spectators go after the event have to test people and are being forced to close as a result. Even Disney would be blown away be this level of creativity. It's similar to Fantasia!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I bought several tests online from Lazada and happily have tested negative, I take a screenshot of the test result with the date and time of the test and keep it on my phone as this is adequate proof for 72 hours as I too am leery of using the 3 official test sites.
    According to CCSA - Self-tests at home or “photos” of a negative test are no longer allowed.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/0...tions-locally/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    According to CCSA - Self-tests at home or “photos” of a negative test are no longer allowed.
    I don't think it ever was allowed, as the originally announced requirement was for testing either on the restaurant premises or at an official centre.
    MFAS being allowed in with his photo of a claimed self-test was no more legal than bars allowing me in with no test. Just a different way of turning a blind eye.

12. User who gave Like to post:

DoubleDutch (January 9th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I don't think it ever was allowed, as the originally announced requirement was for testing either on the restaurant premises or at an official centre.
    MFAS being allowed in with his photo of a claimed self-test was no more legal than bars allowing me in with no test. Just a different way of turning a blind eye.
    I don’t deem this a problem as I have purchased a large supply of tests and if I am going somewhere that hopefully requires a test I can produce a new unused kit.
    BTW one also should use common sense and avoid crowded places such as malls, supermarkets and bars/restaurants that flagrantly disregard testing.