Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Liked

Re: Rapid Antigen Tests Required for Restaurants in Chonburi

Quote Originally Posted by riverdee View Post
    Thailand may have dictators but Scotland going down the same road and thats no joke
    Hardly surprising when your leader’ name is an anagram of a leading brand of seasickness tablet. She certainly makes me feel nauseous.

136D0067-11A5-48CA-BDB8-B6947D5344A8.jpeg

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Hardly surprising when your leader’ name is an anagram of a leading brand of seasickness tablet. She certainly makes me feel nauseous.
    Part of the prime minister of Thailand's family name ("Ocha") translates as "tasty". Are there any inferences you'd care to make in the context of restaurants and COVID?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

Or another way of looking at it would be that "untested people, who may well be asymptomatic may just decide to stay home over the next week or two while this is in place rather than getting "caught", rather than them being out every night possibly spreading the virus ( even more than they already possibly are). If so Im sure the authorities would be thinking "great, job done" either way there then perhaps.
    Funny you should say this, because this is exactly what my partner Jai said to me last night.

His opinion is that the governor did this for several reasons; 1) As a way to discourage some (not all) patrons from going to restaurants if they suspect they could potentially have the virus, 2) As a means of reducing the number of people going to these public venues during the Omicron surge, thus lowering the risk, and 3) getting more positive tests on the books to use as justification for additional countermeasures which may be necessary in the near future.

Just so you know, Jai may have been raised in a jungle village where he had to climb trees to find insects for dinner, but he also graduated from one of the highest ranked Universities in Thailand with a 4.0 grade average. Rarely is he wrong - about anything.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (January 3rd, 2022)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

This was posted yesterday on Facebook by a restaurant in the complex it is both in German and English:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Testing of customers at bars is likely to reinforce the illusion of a higher infection rate amongst Farang.

Of course Omicron arrived with inbound travellers, including the 28(?) Thais who were infected whilst visiting Mecca.

However, once it's here, it's likely to spread amongst Thais and Farang. So far, Thais have been able to dodge testing, whilst Farang arriving now have 2 PCR tests. So on a per capita basis, more cases will be detected among Farang, purely due to a higher testing rate.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Testing of customers at bars is likely to reinforce the illusion of a higher infection rate amongst Farang.
    In all fairness to the Governor, I just can't see where creating any illusion at this point would serve the Provinces best interest.

Chonburi desperately needs tourists which has been front-and-center to all efforts up till this point, but keeping the virus from becoming a wildfire has to take precedence. Everyone losses.

I take the liberty of casting stones at the government whenever I think it's warranted, but in this case it's Mother Nature we're up against - and casting stones at the wind only works if you're a pitcher on a baseball team practicing for your next game.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I take the liberty of casting stones at the government whenever I think it's warranted, but in this case it's Mother Nature we're up against
    They can sleep easy in their beds tonight - what a relief they won't have to worry about your vote until the next election. Oh wait, you're a non-resident alien and they don't give a rat's arse about your opinions anyway

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    keeping the virus from becoming a wildfire has to take precedence.
    With vaccines and a milder virus variant, they have the option of doing nothing at all.
    So far, as far as I can tell, that's pretty much what Boris Johnson is doing in England. In London, Omicron infections have increased rapidly, Delta infections have decreased and the number of people in hospital for COVID has been decreasing. So it seems to be working fine at present.

Thailand has the same choices.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    With vaccines and a milder virus variant, they have the option of doing nothing at all.
    Exactly (not) - the effectiveness of the Chinese vaccines most Thais have received is the reason why arsenal is locked down in China - the Chinese government doesn't even believe its own vaccines are any good

Liked

10am coffee at Central Festival Starbucks, no testing, no signs regarding test, no change of any kind.

Downstairs to Central food court, no testing, everything same as it ever was.

Around 1 PM walked down Beach Rd to Mike's Shopping Mall, outside there is a new, popular cafe, Pasha's Cafe, where Coffee Bean And Tea Leaf used to be. It is nearly always packed until late evening, probably because regular black coffee is 50 baht, large ice latte 60 baht, Starbucks prices 120 and 135 baht for same, Pasha's has table service. Again no testing, no signs informing about testing. Here (warning, 8 Mb file size):

https://i.imgur.com/jRVxp50.jpg

Walked toward Royal Garden, entered both Burger King and newly opened Taco Bell, no testing. Here:

https://i.imgur.com/1z4sURz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8HJYp7U.jpg

Walked to The Avenue on Second Road, entered both McDonalds and Starbucks, no testing. The Avenue:

https://i.imgur.com/cfnZ3NB.jpg

Mr. Dutch:

https://i.imgur.com/PHaLtqQ.jpg

So far, late last night, and this morning, nothing has changed. We'll see how the evening goes.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 5th, 2022), Dodger (January 3rd, 2022), Jellybean (January 3rd, 2022)