Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Beats to Legalize Prostitution

Liked

Re: Drum Beats to Legalize Prostitution

Why there would be a moral problem with prostitution between consenting adults?

Before anyone even tries, there is no reason to accept explanations that have their roots in immoral religions which are just a money making racket.
    The morals need to be based on fundamental principles.
    Since no third party is harmed by what goes on between consenting adults in private, I don't see the problem.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Personally I don' see a problem with it, but where it gets sticky is when one of the adults is 60 years old - and the sex worker is 20 years old. Both consenting adults...yes, no question about it. Moral misconduct on the part of the much older adult?...Up2u.

To me, both are truly "consenting" if they are enjoying sex with each other for reasons other than $$money$$...where the poor country boy is servicing the wealthy punter from the West solely because of the hardships he's facing in life.

No Platformed
    Liked

Before anyone even tries, there is no reason to accept explanations that have their roots in immoral religions which are just a money making racket.
    The morals need to be based on fundamental principles.
    Since no third party is harmed by what goes on between consenting adults in private, I don't see the problem.
    Inevitable that goji in particular ignores the whole issue of potential exploitation, summed up by the phrase I've heard from many Thai "What else can poor people do?"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Moral misconduct on the part of the much older adult?
    Why ?

Incidentally, for much of the past decade, Thailand has had full employment, so it's not even like there was any coercion. There were plenty of alternative jobs on offer.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 1st, 2022)

Liked

If it is between two (or more) consenting adults and one is at the minimal legal age of consent and the other is in his 60s, 70s, 80s, or whatever age, I fail to see a problem - legally, morally, or anything else. Those whose opinion that "old on young" is immoral, I'd like someone to explain to me what the immoral part is. I am not aware of any age limit that says if you are this age, it is immoral to have sex with someone younger than that age. I'd also like someone to tell me who it is that gets to decide what is immoral about it or that it is immoral at all, even if the older gent has to pay for it.

Even if it really is immoral, fine with me - while someone else has been reduced only to masturbating to pictures, videos and remembering sex (if he was ever getting any in the first place) because of a morality issue, I'll be out there being immoral and getting the real thing.

"That's right, I'm a dirty old man. And I'm gonna be a dirty old man 'til I'm a dead old man".
    - Redd Foxx

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 1st, 2022), goji (December 26th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post

If it is between two (or more) consenting adults and one is at the minimal legal age of consent and the other is in his 60s, 70s, 80s, or whatever age, I fail to see a problem - legally, morally, or anything else.

Even if it really is immoral, fine with me -
    If you don't see a problem with it - then for you - there isn't a problem.

Liked

If you don't see a problem with it - then for you - there isn't a problem.
    Do you see a problem with it? If yes, what is it?

No Platformed
    Liked

Who is the better Ena Sharples impersonator? A poll maybe?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Why ?.
    There's no debate here, and I'm certainly not looking for any moral high-ground either...not with my past.

Like I mentioned to GB, If you don't see a problem with it - then for you - there isn't a problem.

Conversely, if a person does have negative feelings about this (bad karma) and considers this to be "exploiting", then that's his prerogative.

No Platformed
    Liked

There's no debate here, and I'm certainly not looking for any moral high-ground either...not with my past.

Like I mentioned to GB, If you don't see a problem with it - then for you - there isn't a problem.

Conversely, if a person does have negative feelings about this (bad karma) and considers this to be "exploiting", then that's his prerogative.

Dodgems is looking forward to a deep and meaningful discussion with his soon-to-be-visiting daughter about his use of prostitutes young enough to be his great-grandchildren. Who can doubt how supportive she'll be