Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Police Close Complex Again

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Police Close Complex Again

Apparently they closed the bars tonight as the new police boss was doing an inspection. The bars will be open again tomorrow. The Complex restaurants were not closed.

The lady beer bars are still open just outside the Jomtien Complex and towards Beach Road.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Apparently they closed the bars tonight as the new police boss was doing an inspection..
    How Nuts ( how Thai) is THAT ! So they close so the inspector can satisfy himself that the orders from above have been carried out, he can then report back up the line that not only is he sure the order to close the bars was carried but in fact he went around the City and checked it all PERSONALLY ! Meanwhile he'll thank his underlings no doubt when finished, give them a pat on the back for a job well done, the next day the bars reopen ( and tea money starts flowing again - ALL the way up the line as always) and everyones happy, no one loses face and income is assured - so yeah, how VERY Thai !

Meanwhile of course the reasons the bars where being asked to close in the first place has been totally ignored, perhaps leading to even bigger issues to come ( or not as we'll all see I guess) !

4. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (December 23rd, 2021)

Liked

I wonder where the police chief is based ?
    It would, for example, be quite difficult to get in and out of Pattaya Police station without noticing nearby bars open. The police chief would have to be wearing blinkers not to notice bars open.

Then, exactly what kind of enforcement inspection is announced in advance and targeted at specific areas of town, whilst ignoring others ?

6. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (December 23rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

How Nuts ( how Thai) is THAT !
    Do you remember the days when the bars would flash the inside lights to alert staff that the BIB were coming? This is really no different.

The local BIB are possibly working with the JC bar owners during this period of uncertainty, but don't want the new PTY Boss getting involved.

THIS IS THAILAND...and it hasn't changed in at least the last 200 years.

Liked

The police in the UK do the same thing, often in partnership with local councils. They simply target motorists as their victims with movable speed traps and changing parking notices.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The police in the UK do the same thing, often in partnership with local councils. They simply target motorists as their victims with movable speed traps and changing parking notices.
    The UK speed traps do at least catch people breaking the law by exceeding the speed limit. And all fines are processed through official channels. Then, despite often making good progress and exceeding unreasonable speed limits, they haven't had me for over 20 years. In comparison, gay bar owners seem to attract much more frequent harassment in Jomtien. Sunee was the same, back in the days when there were bars to raid.

Admittedly, the UK police will typically target places where a lot of offenders can be expected, which are usually places where the fuckwits at the council set a 30mph limit where 70 mph would be about right. So they deserve criticism for that.

Liked

If anyone interested, jomtien complex was open yesterday and today till midnight. All the bars were open with many boys. I sat in @home bar enjoying the sight of five handsome boys in the opposite bar (sun bar) having a birthday party, dancing without shirts (what a nice body they all had) and many “farangs” staring at them (they were customers not bar boys - I think). Chang beer cost 100 baht. I hope it will stay this way but I am afraid that with the omicron the party will not last for a long time. Tomorrow I will visit boystown - hope that bars will be open.

11. 7 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (December 30th, 2021), ChrisUK (December 26th, 2021), daydreamer (December 26th, 2021), Dodger (December 26th, 2021), llz (December 26th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 26th, 2021), splinter1949 (December 26th, 2021)