Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

No Platformed
    Liked

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 29th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to Moses and my fellow members, especially those lucky enough to be in Thailand. Speaking of which, tell me, when in Thailand do you have the traditional roast turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pudding or maybe clootie dumpling and custard? Or, do you prefer to have Thai food for Christmas dinner?

Xmas 2021.jpg

Xmas01.jpg

Xmas02.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

4. 7 Users gave Like to post:

ChrisUK (December 27th, 2021), Dodger (December 25th, 2021), francois (December 25th, 2021), Khor tose (December 28th, 2021), lukylok (December 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 25th, 2021), splinter1949 (December 26th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

The first Christmas that I spent with my Thai partner in Bangkok, I insisted that we had to have turkey for Lunch on Christmas Day. We ended up in Bobby's Arms where we had a pleasant enough meal. He did though fail to see what all the fuss was about and he did have a point, which only twenty plus years later I am starting to see. It really is just about the blandest tasting meat, which is I guess the reason that the trimmings are so important to give it some taste!

On a historical note I usually entered Bobby's by the entrance in Patpong Two Car Park, rather than the entrance in Sri Four. For that Christmas meal I think we were the only gay couple, and I remember Bobby looking at us rather sternly. I also remember Bobby sometimes emerging from his premises into Soi Four, which I observed from one of the neighbouring gay bars, looking as I thought disapprovingly and briefly down the street at the gay bars before returning inside.

History now relates that he was in fact gay so I was clearly misreading his expressions or perhaps it was just a look of frustrated longing, as I never actually saw him in any gay premises, even from way back when he started up with a rather good hot dog stall in Patong Two. I also thought that at that time Bobby's served the best English pub food in Bangkok that I had come across. And he wasn't even British!

6. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 25th, 2021), Jellybean (December 25th, 2021), Oliver2 (December 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 25th, 2021), snotface (December 25th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Merry Christmas to Moses and my fellow members, especially those lucky enough to be in Thailand. Speaking of which, tell me, when in Thailand do you have the traditional roast turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pudding or maybe clootie dumpling and custard? Or, do you prefer to have Thai food for Christmas dinner?

Xmas 2021.jpg

Xmas01.jpg

Xmas02.jpg
    Greek salad!

Liked

Frankly Jellybean one of the best things about being in Thailand for xmas (Bah humbug!) is that I can ignore it completely. It is a normal day, everything open as normal. I definitely avoid farang places and enjoy Thai street food today. I am just about to go to Bangkok from my home in Pattaya for a few days.

9. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 25th, 2021), Armando (December 25th, 2021), Aux1010 (December 26th, 2021), Brad the Impala (December 25th, 2021), christianpfc (December 29th, 2021), Dodger (December 25th, 2021), Jellybean (December 25th, 2021)

Liked

I am currently in Bangkok and will be going out today to do some shopping, no doubt to have my ears bombarded by the usual dire seasonal warblings. I am reminded of a funny story involving a friend of mine many years ago (I might have mentioned it before but it bears repeating). He was doing his Christmas shopping in a Bangkok department store and when he got to pay for his purchases he indicated to the female cashier what he thought of the musical accompaniment by means of grimaces and ear-blocking. 'What, you no like Ginger Ben?' she asked. 'Who's he?' said my puzzled friend. At which point, with a big grin, she burst into song, 'Ginger Ben, Ginger Ben, Ginger all the way…'

And a merry Christmas to all.

11. 9 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 25th, 2021), Brad the Impala (December 25th, 2021), dinagam (December 25th, 2021), Dodger (December 25th, 2021), gerefan2 (December 25th, 2021), mr giggles (December 25th, 2021), Oliver2 (December 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 26th, 2021), splinter1949 (December 26th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

….
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 25th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    ….
    Did Santa visit you last night?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

...... tell me, when in Thailand do you have the traditional roast turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pudding or maybe clootie dumpling and custard? Or, do you prefer to have Thai food for Christmas dinner?
    Thai all the way!

Jai's making my favorite "Gaeng Keow Wan Gai" for dinner, and we'll be exchanging gifts shortly afterward.

Merry Christmas to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (December 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 26th, 2021), splinter1949 (December 26th, 2021)

Liked

Personally, a mature cheddar cheese sandwich made a bit festive by the addition of a smearing of Branston Pickle.
    Happy Christmas and take care everyone.

18. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 25th, 2021), francois (December 26th, 2021), Oliver2 (December 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 26th, 2021)