Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who can explain?

Liked

Re: Who can explain?

Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

More total bullshit posted by Dinagam.

The headline refers to a US death toll from vaccines. To calculate this, the Columbia university researchers allegedly used some bullshit factor based on the alleged underreporting of deaths from Chinese vaccines.
    Chinese vaccines are not used in the US.

Columbia is a reputable University and I expect the reference to them is also fake.

Unfortunately the board doesn't yet have any rules against posting bullshit fake news, but this is way off topic, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with travel restrictions and it's introducing fiction into a factual thread.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 31st, 2021), Ruthrieston (January 1st, 2022)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    More total bullshit posted by Dinagam.

The headline refers to a US death toll from vaccines. To calculate this, the Columbia university researchers allegedly used some bullshit factor based on the alleged underreporting of deaths from Chinese vaccines.
    Chinese vaccines are not used in the US.

Columbia is a reputable University and I expect the reference to them is also fake.

Unfortunately the board doesn't yet have any rules against posting bullshit fake news, but this is way off topic, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with travel restrictions and it's introducing fiction into a factual thread.
    As a committed Bookburner you'd think goji would put dinagam on his {Ignore} list. Is consistency too much to expect?

Liked

This is the graph I had in mind:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CXjEMfPsDiT/
    (picture on Instagram, text in German: blue dots are averages from before Corona, red is additional deads due to Corona; elsewhere I saw graphs where Corona has the same effect as a heavy flu).

quarks.de_268092917_239865111589341_38879826826020656_n.jpg

Everyone has to die some day, somewhere, from something.
    And I would rather die statistically 3 days earlier, than spending the rest of my life with lockdowns, boosters and tests.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 2nd, 2022), goji (January 1st, 2022)

Liked

Exactly. Once people are vaccinated, the overall death rate with COVID is not that different to normal.

Also, our life expectancy is still better than 20 years ago.

Liked

As we get older, we rely more on our healthcare system…or we rely on it to be there. That might not be the biggest concern for younger members that have never needed healthcare or are highly unlikely to ever need it, based on the limited risks they take in life (at home, or abroad). Depending on our individual lifestyle, we might be able to navigate around supply chain issues or breaks from the norm, when businesses we usually depend on can’t function…due to infections, staffing or government restrictions. Even if we’re able to live outside lockdowns, boosters and tests…what kind or normalcy could we hope to live in, given all the other variables?

I think our best approach as a civilization is to focus on getting the folks on the planet that haven’t had any vaccinations ahead of making plans for 4th and 5th doses…or we’ll be just chasing our tail with this pandemic for the next years ahead. And then have serious international conversations about overpopulation…and what that’s doing to the planet.

Surfcrest

9. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 2nd, 2022), arsenal (January 2nd, 2022), francois (January 2nd, 2022), Ruthrieston (January 2nd, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Everyone has to die some day, somewhere, from something.
    And I would rather die statistically 3 days earlier, than spending the rest of my life with lockdowns, boosters and tests.
    Christian, in your own words, it is all about your life and not the lives of millions of others.
    No one wants lockdowns, boosters, tests,etc, but it is a price we all must endure.
    The "3 days earlier" you mention makes little sense.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    As we get older, we rely more on our healthcare system…or we rely on it to be there. That might not be the biggest concern for younger members that have never needed healthcare or are highly unlikely to ever need it, based on the limited risks they take in life (at home, or abroad). Depending on our individual lifestyle, we might be able to navigate around supply chain issues or breaks from the norm, when businesses we usually depend on can’t function…due to infections, staffing or government restrictions. Even if we’re able to live outside lockdowns, boosters and tests…what kind or normalcy could we hope to live in, given all the other variables?

I think our best approach as a civilization is to focus on getting the folks on the planet that haven’t had any vaccinations ahead of making plans for 4th and 5th doses…or we’ll be just chasing our tail with this pandemic for the next years ahead. And then have serious international conversations about overpopulation…and what that’s doing to the planet.

Surfcrest
    What you’re saying isthat it’s LESS important to keep the already vaccinated, vaccinated, than getting everyone else vaccinated. Being vaccinated has a short shelf-life so if you don’t keep boosters up we will have to start all over again

Liked

Obviously I am over reacting to posts on the subject topic and will cease further comments.
    Think I have Covid mania.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    And then have serious international conversations about overpopulation…and what that’s doing to the planet.
    Should you need a starting point for the above conversation I already have quite a few lists already drawn up containing names of people who could be quite easily done away with without much loss to society ?

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 5th, 2022), Surfcrest (January 7th, 2022)