Thread: On love, lust and boys

Liked

Re: On love, lust and boys

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    A fabulous treasure trove for the new member/ researcher @ChrisAndHisKind
    can you elaborate on this?

Liked

Thank you Snotface for taking the time to write such a personal story of your life in Thailand. Stay safe and happy, as I hope to do for a few more years yet, in the Land of Smiles.

3. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (December 23rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post

......I have had sex with several hundred boys in my time (a modest tally by the standards of some) and I don't regret it at all, though I sometimes feel I should have moved on by now.
    I kept returning to Thailand for the same reason you did "The Boys"...lost count as to how many boys I've been with...3 long-term relationships in the mix... 2 marriages...more nights out-on-the-town than a dozen drunken sailors on a 18 year shore leave...with a treasure trove of memories and very few regrets. Living the Dream.

I semi-retired at age 42, and started thinking about cultivating a different lifestyle when fully retired for the reasons you mentioned. I met my current partner 5 years prior to retirement and the new lifestyle I wanted just starting forming all on its own.

He was the first boy I hooked up with that wasn't a working boy and it's been 8 of the best years of my life. My previous relationships were fueled solely by lust/sexual obsession, and all suffered the same painful, or at least uncomfortable endings. As you eluded to, the odds of having a lasting relationship with a bar boy are slim to none unless you're paying for it.

Contrary to what some believe, there are younger Thai guys who want nothing more than to partner with older men (especially from the west). Some actually prefer having sex with older men....as well as benefit from the stability an older and more experienced man can offer. The Thais personalities and interests are as varied as the leaves on the trees – and there’s someone out there for everyone if you don't allow previous failures to get in your way.

I think it’s fair to say that my partner and I truly like each other which is really a key ingredient. As different as we are in our ages, cultural backgrounds, upbringings, etc., we’re extremely compatible in the areas that count most.

He’s a textbook Zen Buddhist, prefers quiet surroundings…extremely focused on task (fashion designer)…appreciates the moment…and puts a higher priority on things involving nature and simplicity in general.

I lost interest in going to the bars well before this pandemic started and have no interest whatsoever in playing “boy games” any more. There really is so much more to life…especially here. Lust? Love? Hell, I don’t know. We just do what feels good and don’t think about anything else…it’s a Zen thing…LOL.

Thailand truly is an amazing place.

5. 14 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 23rd, 2021), arsenal (December 23rd, 2021), Aux1010 (December 24th, 2021), daydreamer (December 24th, 2021), DoubleDutch (December 24th, 2021), goji (December 23rd, 2021), GWMinUS (December 25th, 2021), Jellybean (December 23rd, 2021), Lotusleaf (December 23rd, 2021), Oliver2 (December 23rd, 2021), Patanawet (December 23rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 24th, 2021), snotface (December 23rd, 2021), splinter1949 (December 23rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Thailand truly is an amazing place.
    Correction, Thailand truly was an amazing place.

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 24th, 2021), Dax (December 29th, 2021), gerefan2 (December 23rd, 2021), Manforallseasons (December 23rd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Indeed - how often can we observe our successors, the 40- 50- and 60-year olds who are becoming tomorrow’s regular sex tourists arriving year after year and eventually blossoming as retiree sexpats?

Liked

Well done, snotface. Another wonderful contribution to this forum.

I admire the way that you can entertainingly write with such openness and honesty.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

11. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 24th, 2021), catawampuscat (December 24th, 2021), francois (December 24th, 2021), snotface (December 24th, 2021)

Liked

......3 long-term relationships in the mix... 2 marriages...more nights out-on-the-town than a dozen drunken sailors on a 18 year shore leave...with a treasure trove of memories and very few regrets. Living the Dream.

I semi-retired at age 42, and started thinking about cultivating a different lifestyle when fully retired for the reasons you mentioned. I met my current partner 5 years .

CURRENT being the operative word.......living the dream indeed!

Who's taking bets?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

Pandemic, or no pandemic, I find life in Thailand just as amazing now as I did when I first discovered it.

Home is what you make it!

14. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (December 25th, 2021)

Liked

Pandemic, or no pandemic, I find life in Thailand just as amazing now as I did when I first discovered it.

Home is what you make it!
    Wish I could say the same but life for me in Thailand is a far cry from what it once was.

16. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 24th, 2021), catawampuscat (December 24th, 2021), Dax (December 29th, 2021), Manforallseasons (December 24th, 2021)