Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Interviews about Gay Travel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Interviews about Gay Travel

Hey everyone,

I'm a researcher of gay/queer history at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA, working on a project about gay travel and sexuality. As part of this project, I'm hoping to do interviews with men who have experience traveling around the world. What I'm trying to do is push back against the moralizing (and honestly sometimes homophobic) rhetoric of "sex tourism" and talk about the different ways gay men like us have sex - whether it's just for fun or also involves romance/relationships - when traveling.

I'm especially interested in talking to guys who have experience traveling to or living in Southeast Asia during the 1980s and 1990s, but I also want to talk to men who've traveled to many different parts of the world during that time. Because of the sometimes sensitive nature of the topic, all interviews would be completely anonymous and would follow the informed consent model.

If you're interested or just want to know a little bit more about the project, shoot me a message. I'd love to hear from you.

Chris

2. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (December 23rd, 2021)