FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British Airways cancels Bangkok

No Platformed
    Liked

British Airways cancels Bangkok

Liked

Re: British Airways cancels Bangkok

Not really a problem. Haven't even considered taking the carrier for many years, BA used ancient 777s on that route that were in desperate need of cleaning (usually) and refurbishment (always). Biz class was the worst on the route. For whatever reason BA has always paid little attention to Bangkok. For years it was merely a stop on a daily 747 service between London and Sydney. So if you had miles and wanted a mileage seat, the chances of getting one were almost nil. When it gave up its 25% stake in Qantas it reverted to a daytime Bangkok/London service using aircraft from its original batch of 777s.

At the end of the 1990s (I seem to recall) BA did run a second 747 to Bangkok 4 days a week. That did not last long!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Agreed Armando. BA is top of most people’s No Fly List.

They taught Ryanair all they know.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (December 19th, 2021), Patanawet (December 18th, 2021)

Liked

Right now, I suggest looking for the airlines that have consistently flown to BKK over the last few months. These appear to include Swiss, KLM and Emirates. Why take the risk with carriers who are dicking about with routes ?

Then, even at the best of times, BA are Bloody Awful. Admittedly they don't have fatal crashes as frequently as Air France, but flying with them is not a good experience.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Agree with goji. Worse Than Bloody Awful. Actually a national disgrace. Remember BA Dirty Tricks?

Airline accidents are so rare nowadays it is not really fair to make assumptions that one airline is more dangerous than another. The stats are so small they are often a fluke. Who would have thought Malaysian would have two hull losses in months?

Some regions have far worse statistics than others. These figures are more meaningful. Africa and Indonesia are notorious in aviation circles.

And, funnily enough, where did the two Boeing 737 Max accidents happen?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

All true....it's been twenty years since I flew BA to BKK. But it's not he point; what's important is that it reflects the assessment of those who wish to make money from a particular commercial enterprise; in this case tourism and business in Thailand.

As it happens, I have had two bookings on EVA cancelled; one for late February and then a re-booking for March 11. EVA have now informed me that flights are suspended until late March.

Twice bitten, thrice shy; I've now booked flights on Thai Air in March. And I am waiting to see whether these will go ahead. Not to mention a refund from EVA..

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    All true....it's been twenty years since I flew BA to BKK. But it's not he point; what's important is that it reflects the assessment of those who wish to make money from a particular commercial enterprise; in this case tourism and business in Thailand.

As it happens, I have had two bookings on EVA cancelled; one for late February and then a re-booking for March 11. EVA have now informed me that flights are suspended until late March.

Twice bitten, thrice shy; I've now booked flights on Thai Air in March. And I am waiting to see whether these will go ahead. Not to mention a refund from EVA..
    2 friends arrived Thursday from the U.K. on a Thai direct flight and used the Venue as their mandatory 1 day quarantine inclusive of the Covid test, 1 night accommodation as well as pick up and transportation to Pattaya, they were very pleased.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (December 19th, 2021), daydreamer (December 19th, 2021), francois (December 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My only objection to the Thai flight is its relatively late arrival at BKK (1930 as opposed to EVA's 1530), resulting in we old timers missing out on a full evening of sanuk. And its return departure- 0030.
    Prices are much the same as EVA's.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Eva haven’t operated into Bangkok for about a year. Thai have cut back to once a week flights probably a year ago too. BA are off my list but also don’t operate to BKK at moment.

Check the Middle East carriers or Swiss. Nowadays a guaranteed flight needs a change en route. There’s nothing reliable direct from London.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Right now, I suggest looking for the airlines that have consistently flown to BKK over the last few months. These appear to include Swiss, KLM and Emirates. Why take the risk with carriers who are dicking about with routes ?
    KLM changed my outbound flight which gave me a 6.5 hour stopover in Amsterdam.

They then changed my homeward flights twice. The first time shaved 24 hours off my holiday. The second another 7 hours and effectively wrote off the last 2 nights of my trip (plus another 6 hour stopover in AMS)

In the end I had to cancel them as I don't trust them to not to further rerouting!