Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Alternate drinking places to Soi 4 BKK

Liked

Alternate drinking places to Soi 4 BKK

My friend who is fairly new to Thailand has recently arrived in BKK for a month. He is staying in the Silom area and has spent the last few nights drinking in Soi 4. He says he finds it uncomfortable especially as straight tourists keep walking up and down that Soi gawking at the gays.
    He has asked me for advice to recommend some more discrete gay type drinking places/pubs in the Silom area.
    As this usually is not my scene can anyone give some suggestions?

Thank you.

Liked

Re: Alternate drinking places to Soi 4 BKK

Hotmale upstairs beer bar on Patpong 2 is discrete but your friend should avoid downstairs if he doesn’t want to be seen by straight people walking by. Happy Beer Garden on Surawong is not a gay bar but lots of gay people drink there.

3. User who gave Like to post:

homeseeker (December 19th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by homeseeker View Post
    ...straight tourists keep walking up and down that Soi...
    That would include me. Once or twice a month, whenever I'm in that area at night, I have a walk to the end and back to confirm what an awful place it is: loud music, smokers, rarely a cute boy in sight.

But during my first years I went there as well, alone or with friends, because I had nothing else to do, it's in every guidebook or website, that's what a gay tourist is supposed to do.

Sorry that I can't help with your friend's question.

5. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 19th, 2023), BenCH (December 19th, 2023), goji (December 18th, 2023), homeseeker (December 19th, 2023), mr giggles (December 19th, 2023), splinter1949 (December 21st, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

christian...thats a bit harsh...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Also der Chris ist dann rück aus China? War das schon mit Visa unnötig?-max 14 days?
    For me more or less same-same applies to all of Silom, though I will not pretend or set up a specific str8 outlook.
    BUT: does not this sidesoi also has a few places on 2nd (1st for EUR) floor/level-hard to look in for those bypassers? Thats about the only ALT I can think of.
    Hotmale is now more leaning toward ´interesting banter/discussion´ with guys, but it remains firmly set on the off-model. As do the dingy small cheaper sleezebars west of Tawan, as very long standing superA and GCock/Nature. But to avoid the off-model is the main reason for most to aim for soisee(=4). Later in the eve the deafening disco music in DJ and/or GOD for meeting likeminded-and noone can just look inside there.
    Me too end of this week again 1 month in BKK_time to go home. Would mean plenty of time to go elsewhere, except that such places elsewhere in BKK are also very thin on the ground. There USED to be-pre 2000 a place like that near that maligned KhaoSan=Banglamphu area. There MAY be such places-except not much other as Thai spoken-in big uni-areas like RamKamHaeng. Close by Silom perhaps maybe even Chula might have a place also aiming that group-but if yes, a closely guarded secret-so not really aiming casual visitors without much knowledge.

8. User who gave Like to post:

homeseeker (December 19th, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I enjoyed sitting outside on the telephone bar patio, simple meal (nothing too adventurous...chicken cashew nuts and green chicken curry) and a few beers, watch the goings on and antics...before moving onto soi twilight...which is no more..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    I enjoyed sitting outside on the telephone bar patio, simple meal (nothing too adventurous...chicken cashew nuts and green chicken curry) and a few beers, watch the goings on and antics...before moving onto soi twilight...which is no more..
    Me too, except I patronise Circus and have fried rice with chicken! Plenty of eye candy to look at!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Also der Chris ist dann rück aus China? War das schon mit Visa unnötig?-max 14 days?
    Yes I'm back in Thailand. 15 days visa free for tourists from Germany and various other countries.

Liked

only 15 days? wasn't it 30 days for most european countries? has the law changed?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by siscu58 View Post
    only 15 days? wasn't it 30 days for most european countries? has the law changed?
    15 days is about China, not about Thailand... there also exists option for 7 days visa-free transit via China.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com