List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What would you do for a booster?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: What would you do for a booster?

"What Holocaust?
    Nothing compares to the annihilation of native populations around the world brought about by the European colonisers in the name of the evil elements of their false religion."

They're not native, they just got there first and even that's a 'probably'.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

what a laugh...as if the natives were holding hands singing kumbaya my lord before the evil white man arrives and taught them to sin.....as if the zulus didint wipe out their neighbours...the aztecs didint pull hearts out of living people....as if attila was white...

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 15th, 2021)

Liked

Chris Whitty, my go to bod for all things virus related days this could go on for another 18 months but each 6 months will be better than the last. I think he's probably right. In my head I've got 4 years in total for this to come to a pretty final end.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you for that post DD. I enjoyed reading it and it describes the Thai Authorities to a T. It’s only a matter of time before they strike again...as others have already implied.

Arsenal: your reference to Chris Witty saying this could go on for a further 18 months is interesting.
    Today’s figure is 93045 new infections.
    The number of people in the UK who have NOT had Covid is 57,214,932. (Population minus those already infected)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Assuming a continued daily infection rate similar to today’s figure, as implied by Witty, then everyone in the UK will have had Covid within 20 months!

How likely is that?!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

DD - I actually dont disagree with much of what you say.

But based on the little info that we all have about Omicron just now IF it turns out to be more aggressive than previous versions then that WOULD be a problem for us all once you factor its apparent faster spread rate, that's just simple maths and we can't or shouldn't just casually ignore that point ( just yet) until we know for sure what we're dealing with.

As of today when they seem to be telling us that if you're triple jabbed that you've something like an 80% chance of not getting seriously ill then thats GREAT and that's exactly the news we all hoped to hear - and is one of the reasons I myself AM heading out on the lash this weekend.

And my "enjoy your time there while you can" isn't fear mongering as you put it but more a reflection of whats' likely to happen lock down wise there just like here perhaps once the governments do their thing - as to whether that's the right thing to do or not is a whole other conversation but for now I'll happily stand by those remarks in the spirit they were made.

You do seem though to be missing the main issue in that even if vaccinated ( and a large group of people still aren't of course) the issue seems to be that if say as using totally random made up numbers that 1 million vaccinated and unvaccinated people got covid before and say even just 5% of that number needed treatment ( i.e say 50,000 people) the governments worry is that IF omnicorn IS as spreadable as it seems then that new possible number of 2, 3,4 million group of people could all pick it up almost immediately, thus leading to that same 5% / 100,000, 200,000, 300,000, 400,000 people all needing treatment NOW too and THAT WOULD overwhelm most health services in most Countries.

So I think THAT is the bigger issue that they're concerned about perhaps when issuing closure orders of bars etc until they can ACTUALLY see what they're dealing with with the new variant - and only time can tell that of course so you sort of cant blame them for being cautious.

The current view that it's 'less' aggressive could of course be EXACTLY as more people are now vaccinated, meaning those that aren't are at MUCH more risk ( personally my view there is fuck them at this stage but THAT is a whole other topic for another thread too I guess)

Liked

So far Sputnik Light is best buster: 4-8 times more effective against omicron in comparation with Moderna and 4 times in comparation with Pfizer

Numbers are officially announced yesterday by Gamaleya Institute https://sputnikvaccine.com/newsroom/...ther-strength/
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Russia has yet to release the data regarding Sputnik to allow it to be peer reviewed, so you can say whatever you wish about Sputnik, nobody outside of Russia cares. Let the scientific community review the data, then people in the international community will start taking it seriously.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Russia has yet to release the data regarding Sputnik to allow it to be peer reviewed, so you can say whatever you wish about Sputnik, nobody outside of Russia cares. Let the scientific community review the data, then people in the international community will start taking it seriously.
    Yeah, yeah... nobody, right...
    Russia still has population, and deaths per 1 mln is lower than in USA or UK... simple...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yeah, yeah... nobody, right...
    Russia still has population, and deaths per 1 mln is lower than in USA or UK... simple...

You're the one who keeps quoting "studies" that "prove" Sputnik is better than Pfizer and Modurna. Just telling you, until Russia allows that data to be peer reviewed by the international scientific community, nobody outside of Russia is going to care about Sputnik aside from an outlier here and there.

And considering Russia's vaccination rate, most inside of Russia don't really care about Sputnik either.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It seems the Moscow times are reporting a slightly different twist to that report though …. I’ve no idea which is correct, merely posting the article relating to it…..

Russia Claims Sputnik V ‘Robust’ Against Omicron as Independent Study Shows No Antibody Response

Russia claimed its Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine provides “robust” long-term protection against the Omicron variant Friday, contradicting the findings of an independent study which found the Russian jab produced no antibody response whatsoever to the new, highly transmissible variant.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...esponse-a75861

I see the institute have said they will publish their data backing up their position in 7 days, as to whether that will be data suitable to allow proper international peer review is I guess a whole other question !?