List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What would you do for a booster?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: What would you do for a booster?

It seems the Moscow times are reporting a slightly different twist to that report though …. I’ve no idea which is correct, merely posting the article relating to it…..

Russia Claims Sputnik V ‘Robust’ Against Omicron as Independent Study Shows No Antibody Response

Russia claimed its Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine provides “robust” long-term protection against the Omicron variant Friday, contradicting the findings of an independent study which found the Russian jab produced no antibody response whatsoever to the new, highly transmissible variant.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...esponse-a75861

I see the institute have said they will publish their data backing up their position in 7 days, as to whether that will be data suitable to allow proper international peer review is I guess a whole other question !?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Russia has yet to release the data regarding Sputnik to allow it to be peer reviewed, so you can say whatever you wish about Sputnik, nobody outside of Russia cares. Let the scientific community review the data, then people in the international community will start taking it seriously.
    Yeah, yeah... nobody, right...
    Russia still has population, and deaths per 1 mln is lower than in USA or UK... simple...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yeah, yeah... nobody, right...
    Russia still has population, and deaths per 1 mln is lower than in USA or UK... simple...

You're the one who keeps quoting "studies" that "prove" Sputnik is better than Pfizer and Modurna. Just telling you, until Russia allows that data to be peer reviewed by the international scientific community, nobody outside of Russia is going to care about Sputnik aside from an outlier here and there.

And considering Russia's vaccination rate, most inside of Russia don't really care about Sputnik either.

Liked

===============nobody outside of Russia is going to care about Sputnik aside from an outlier here and there.

72 countries uses Sputnik, so "nobody cares" is a little bit brave declaration, Matt ) Over 100 mln doses are already used only in Argentina...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

5. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (December 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just out of interest Moses why is it do YOU think it is that the Russian lab ( or Government perhaps ?) who makes Sputnik WON'T release their data for international peer review ??

Maybe IS it because they fear ( KNOW) that it simply doesn't work OR is it maybe them thinking ( KNOWING ) that actually it works a LOT better than anything the West are producing ( as they are now seeming to be claiming ) and if so they think then that that might gives Russia a strategic political, economic and even military advantage over other Countries in the worldwide fight against Covid ??

Some might say that neither of the two scenarios mentioned above reflect very well on Russia though ?

So, what's your thoughts, what do you think the reason is that so far they haven't allowed any international peer review of Sputnik yet ( just out of interest ?)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ===============nobody outside of Russia is going to care about Sputnik aside from an outlier here and there.

72 countries uses Sputnik, so "nobody cares" is a little bit brave declaration, Matt ) Over 100 mln doses are already used only in Argentina...
    Sinopharm, J&J, Sputnik Vaccines Are Weaker Against Omicron in New Study - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ron-study-sees

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Sinopharm, J&J, Sputnik Vaccines Are Weaker Against Omicron in New Study - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ron-study-sees
    Every (!) vaccine is weaker. Question is how weak it is. As per Gamaleya research Sputnik is weaker 11 times, while Moderna is weaker 40-89 times (measured by Moderna).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    YMy guy and I are meant to be heading out out in Belfast this weekend with a crowd of friends both to a house party and a full on christmas bar crawl weekend and I have to say I'm starting to wonder if that's such a good idea now. My only saving grace is that where I live is about 2 weeks behind the rest of the UK infection wise so I think i'm going to risk it as one last hurrah for 2021(

Well it seems I was being a bit hopeful there as after having a few symptoms ( blocked nose, ticklish throat, sore head etc - which are all actually quite normal for me as I get sinus problems a lot) I went for a PCR yesterday which confirmed me positive for Covid ! FUCKING GREAT !!

We were literally standing getting dressed to go out to my partners big family Flipino Christmas eve dinner party when the result email came in.

So now instead of us both going out to party and both having a fun Christmas with friends we're both now self isolating at home !

Should be noted that over the last 9 days I've taken FOUR lateral flow tests before going out to any event I'd attended and all can back as clear ! Although after getting that positive PCR just now I took another lateral flow here at home and it did instantly come back as positive too, so either I've been taking them incorrectly or maybe it's just a recent infection thing, I'm not sure how that works.

But do keep that in mind as it seems that lateral flows are far from perfect perhaps in their results so if you've any sort of symptoms and you're going anywhere that matters ( to visit old people etc etc) do think of grabbing a quick PCR test just to be sure you're good to go.

FUCK you and your shitty timing Covid !!

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 25th, 2021)

Liked

"I went for a PCR yesterday which confirmed me positive for Covid !"

Yes, you and about 1.7m UK based others are now self isolating due to basically a heavy cold. Time to put this fucking thing to bed and get on with life.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 1st, 2022), gerefan2 (December 25th, 2021), goji (December 25th, 2021)

Liked

I am so sorry for you and your partner Nirish. I wish you a speedy recovery and a much better new year ahead. Please take care of each other.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (December 25th, 2021)