List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do for a booster?

Liked

What would you do for a booster?

While some countries are still struggling to get their population inoculated, others are far into their "booster shot" scheme. For some, it is as easy as walking into a pharmacy. Not so much for the Netherlands. Our original vaccination efforts started slow but picked up speed very fast and we had one of the highest vaccination rates in Europe at a certain point. As if we had not learned anything when other countries started with boosters, the Netherlands did nothing and now we are behind the curve again.

After the weekend I'm going on a long trip, which means that I would not get a booster shot until I come back to my country, and this will probably be after two months. Of course, I am double vaccinated 6 months ago and this should still over protecting, but it still didn't feel quite right.

Friday morning I woke up around 04:00 AM and read some local digital news. One story read, "Get Your Booster in Another Country," in which they explained, it would be possible to get a booster. The usual suspects like the USA, UAE, etc.. were listed but to my surprise, they also listed one city in Germany. Aachen. It was only for Dutch people that work in Germany, live in border towns or often visit Germany for relatives and friends. Well, that is me, but my border town is only a 4-hour drive away from Aachen so I wasn't sure if I would qualify. Still, if there was a chance, I would take it, and about 20 minutes later I started my car and went on my way. I hate driving at night but the Autobahn was not busy... yet. I must admit that I was nervous too and had no idea where to go in the city. I asked a German friend of mine to find me an address and send it to my phone.

After an exhausting drive, I arrived in Aachen and with directions from my friend, I could drive directly to the correct location. Inside there were a few people waiting in line.

B6E29DBC-9FFE-458E-AEA4-AFB93507D66A.jpg

We all had to fill out some papers before we entered. I was tired, my body was aching and even more nervous than before. After ten minutes I could go inside, sit at a desk where a staff member across from me checked the papers I had filled out. Everything seemed to be fine. He asked for my proof of previous vaccinations. My last vaccination was on the 5th of June, and they would only vaccinate people who had their last vaccination before the 10th of July. So far so good. Then he asked for my ID, which is obviously not German. I showed my Dutch ID but he said nothing, gave me back all the documents and pointed to the next desk.

At the next desk, a girl entered my information into a computer and told me that I would be getting the Moderna vaccine today. Great! She told me to go to her colleague who in turn directed me to a doctor. The doctor checked my papers and asked me if I had any problems with the people at the front because I am dutch. I said no, and she acted pleased. She said that there had been some confusion but she was happy that it had been solved.

Time to get my shot! Just before she wanted to give me the shot, I remembered that she hadn't asked me anything about previous vaccinations. The papers that I had to fill out coming in had a question "have you been vaccinated in the last 14 days," which I answered with yes. I quickly asked her if the Yellow fever vaccination I received a day prior was not an issue. This stopped her in her tracks. She didn't know and said that she would look it up. Ugh, obviously, it was the right thing to ask, but it would still sting a lot if she would decide not to give me the Jab. Luckily, she didn't find a problem and I got the shot. Phew!

After a 15 minute wait, I went back to my car and started the journey back home. When I got 5 km out of the city, I missed an exit on the autobahn and somehow managed to miss the second too. Taking the third exit, I expected a U-turn back where I came from. However, the navigation system sent me through some local roads and it took a while before I got back on the Autobahn. My windows were dirty and I couldn't clean them because there was no more cleaning liquid. I decided to fill it up at the first truck stop and at that time I noticed that I didn't have my little yellow vaccination book. Ugh, I remembered putting it on the seat next to me in the "recovery room," where everybody has to wait for 15 minutes after the shot.

It was a 30 km drive back but that was still pretty lucky. The security guard had found my booklet and gave it back to me. I could finally drive back home where I arrived around 4 pm, broken. I must say that I felt horrible. All my muscles were aching and I felt fatigued and nauseated. It could have been the Moderna or the Yellow Fever shot. Either way, I have been in bed ever since.

AF86E1B8-9D6F-41A8-BE5A-79B5188B8CA7(1).jpg

Thank you, Germany!

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 11th, 2021), DoubleDutch (December 17th, 2021), francois (December 11th, 2021), Jellybean (December 13th, 2021), StevieWonders (December 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: What would you do for a booster?

Im actually going in about 30 minutes to get my own (first) booster shot.

Personally Im not so much worried about any possible side effects ( although I've heard plently of people saying they felt more shit after the mixed booster than they did after their the first two shots so watch this space) but me, I'm more concerned as my shot is part of a whole community drive thing to get a lot of people injected at once hence I have to attend my local Baptist church to get it !

So yeah it's not so much any side effects I'm concerned about but more the chances of my feet burning when I walk over the church door onto consecrated ground again for the first time in years ! :-)

Oh well if the church is full of men who are straight laced, born again, staunch baptist types that mean then for sure there'll to be at least two or three of them there who will secretly quite happily suck me off behind the baptismal font no doubt if they think they can do it without getting caught !, Every cloud has a silver lining eh !

4. User who gave Like to post:

goji (December 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just as an update to my above and in case anyone is thinking / debating "should they get their booster or not?" - I had pzifer main jabs with a moderna booster yesterday with zero side effects or issues ( maybe a 5% sore arm where they injected it this morning, but that I'm guessing is just more to do with injecting ANYTHING into a muscle and is fairly standard. Either way, no issues, in an out in 2 minutes so if you're debating it - go get it done.

Liked

I don't believe in Covid (i.e. I don't believe Covid is a threat for me, my friends and family in particular or for survival of mankind in general) and I do only the absolutely necessary, i.e. get vaccinated once because not being vaccinated would bring severe disadvantages in general life.

Liked

Over 5 million people have died from Covid, and you don't believe it is a threat?

8. 5 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (December 19th, 2021), mr giggles (December 18th, 2021), Nirish guy (December 13th, 2021), Uranus (December 13th, 2021), vnman (December 13th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Over 5 million people have died from Covid, and you don't believe it is a threat?
    Out of 8 billion people, 5 million is quite small compared with the numbers dying from other causes in the last 2 years. In the UK, from April-October, flu or pneumonia appeared on more death certificates than COVID.

COVID makes a very minor change to our probability of death and might reduce our life expectancy back to something like 2015 levels. Which is far better than 20 years ago. Life expectancy is still way better than living at almost any other point in history.

The problem is not covid, but the irrational response. Governments should abolish all restrictions and allow people to make their own decisions.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 13th, 2021), DoubleDutch (December 17th, 2021)

Liked

Should be eligible for my booster in about 6 - 8 weeks, at least according to the government's plan. Just waiting for the e-mail telling me to make an e-mail appointment.

Not sure how much use it is anymore though. These mRNA vaccines aren't even for Covid, but for the spike protein only. Sounds like that new Moni variant changed the spike protein quite a bit, hence the vaccines may be useless now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What part of “exponential growth” do people not understand !??

13. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (December 13th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Out of 8 billion people, 5 million is quite small compared with the numbers dying from other causes in the last 2 years. In the UK, from April-October, flu or pneumonia appeared on more death certificates than COVID.

COVID makes a very minor change to our probability of death and might reduce our life expectancy back to something like 2015 levels. Which is far better than 20 years ago. Life expectancy is still way better than living at almost any other point in history.

The problem is not covid, but the irrational response. Governments should abolish all restrictions and allow people to make their own decisions.
    goji, have you been vaccinated against Covid? If so, was it to protect yourself or just to travel to Thailand? In the US, there are locations where hospitals are at capacity treating, mostly unvaccinated patients for Covid, while other critically ill patients have to wait for a bed. Here is a recent article, in the NY Times by an ER doctor detailing how unvaccinated people are filling hospital beds.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/08/o...sultPosition=1

15. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (December 13th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    What part of “exponential growth” do people not understand !??
    Even exponential growth has been shown in the Delta variant to have a natural limit - from trough to peak in outbreak after outbreak it was roughly 9 weeks. Thailand was no different