List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What would you do for a booster?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: What would you do for a booster?

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Yes, you and about 1.7m UK based others are now self isolating due to basically a heavy cold..
    Well all I can tell you from personal experience is thank goodness I have had all 3 vaccines as it feels shit enough even with that so I wouldn't be rushing to have it without - and to describe it as a heavy cold is just over simplifying things somewhat and doesn't really help as of course some people will have issues that make it feel much worse than that and some not so much.

Thankfully so far I'm one of the not so much guys but I can tell you after exerting myself in an minor way ( like gently washing the car etc) i certainly knew about it and had to stop to recatch my breath and I'm vaguely young and fit (ish) so I can quite easily understand how an more elderly / unfit person maybe wouldn't feel like that. And I'm not trying to OVER dramatise things either there btw as IF omicron is a lesser form of things then I'm all for the lets open up and get on with it style of view.

But it IS smart IMHO that governments are taking a more cautious approach just now until we know what we're dealing with, not even just from a health point of view but also from various supply chains breaking down by people being off / infecting other people so easily and quickly ( IF) that turns out to be the case. But if it's not then yeah, open up and be damned I say too - once we know what we're dealing with.

Liked

I expect your immune system will be nicely tuned up after 3 vaccines and a dose of live vaccine.

Anyone who has a few years ahead of them is likely to get COVID quite a few times, so I think we had better get used to the idea and live with it.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 25th, 2021), christianpfc (January 1st, 2022)

Liked

Awful news, Nirish.

Thank God you had the sense to get vaccinated.

Take care and I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (December 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=goji;285730]I expect your immune system will be nicely tuned up after 3 vaccines and a dose of live vaccine.

Yep, thats one plus point for sure as I wouldn't fancy picking this up WITHOUT any vaccines in my system to minimise the effects.

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Anyone who has a few years ahead of them is likely to get COVID quite a few times, so I think we had better get used to the idea and live with it.
    And again yep I think you're probably right there too - so again anyone who's thinking of "braving it out" in not having their vaccine ( for whatever non medical reason) I would urge that they perhaps re think that idea as instead of it BEING something that's inconvenient and something to just take care with for a week or two it could well end up as something more serious and THATS the reason to get vaccinated IMHO.

As an aside to this my partner has tested negative in all of the lateral flow tests that he's taken up right up until now. He's a health care worker so has been very cautious re all of that ( as had I actually) so he's just left to got for a PCR test ( what a way to spend bloody Christmas day :-( ) so it will be interesting to see it's result.

I'd mentioned I'd taken 4 lateral flow tests and was wondering were they just totally useless but purely to test that theory I've now taken two since my PCR result and both did come back positive so it seems they DO actually work and it seems that my PCR test was just well timed to catch it early and there may have been a few days incubation period from picking it up to it showing on any test ( not that it makes much difference).

The scarier thing is reaction of friends who i'd been with over the week when I've quietly called them to suggest they go get a test and perhaps at the least keep away from older people for the 24hrs until they get the result ( Christmas aside ) to get a flat "Na, fuck it, Im going on out, i dont care" - and whilst I get the whole "oh life has to get going stuff" to deny there is a physical issue and a virus that IS doing the rounds, that we dont know much about right now, is to me at the least irresponsible and more of them just being totally selfish cunts towards the rest of their friends, family and society in general. But that's on them I guess - while they're possibly busy out there infecting god knows how many other people with their "I know better / I just dont give a fuck attitude" :-(

7. User who gave Like to post:

goji (December 25th, 2021)

Liked

If you're scared of Covid, try doing what this guy did:

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-new-zeal...ots/a-60088319

heh, I still find that funny. Some guy went and got 10 shots in a single day.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Some guy went and got 10 shots in a single day.
    Being scared of sobering up once on a weekend "away with the lads" I seem to recall doing something similar, only difference being it was "aftershocks" instead of Astra Zenica !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A friend of mine got minor symptoms and so did 2 lateral flow tests. Both positive.
    He then went for the PCR test and that was positive too.

The symptoms soon went but he had to stay at home for the mandatory 10 days isolation. As his aged mother was in the house he isolated alone in his bedroom.

After a week he began to think he would follow government advice which is to clean all the hard surfaces to kill the bug. Basically it’s an alcohol mix.

So he got hold of a bottle of something good, swirled it around his mouth, gargled with it, and eventually finished the whole bottle. He went to bed pissed as a rat, but with a very clean throat.

Next day he did the flow tests (down the throat type of test) and passed!

As he had to pass two tests in a row, he repeated the procedure the next day too.

Another pass, but with a hangover!

He is all clear now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

whenever I get a cold/flu I gargle with a warm salt solution at least 10 times a day...it weakens the severity and shortens the duration; usually the worst symptoms onky last a day...after that its 2 to 3 days of mild sniffles...guess the salt solution helps keep the volume of bugs in youyr throat/mouth/nasal passage down.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whats your point, that government should be issuing bottles of whiskey or vodka ?? f so I have to say I'm all for that, Not sure it'll help but it's the way I've decided to pass my time once "positive" ;-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Whats your point, that government should be issuing bottles of whiskey or vodka ?? f so I have to say I'm all for that, Not sure it'll help but it's the way I've decided to pass my time once "positive" ;-)
    Why not? They recommend disinfectants (which contain alcohol) and hand sanitizers with a MINIMUM of 60% alcohol.

So if alcohol gets rid of germs on work surfaces and your hands then surely it will work on your throat too?!