Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
Yes, you and about 1.7m UK based others are now self isolating due to basically a heavy cold..
Well all I can tell you from personal experience is thank goodness I have had all 3 vaccines as it feels shit enough even with that so I wouldn't be rushing to have it without - and to describe it as a heavy cold is just over simplifying things somewhat and doesn't really help as of course some people will have issues that make it feel much worse than that and some not so much.

Thankfully so far I'm one of the not so much guys but I can tell you after exerting myself in an minor way ( like gently washing the car etc) i certainly knew about it and had to stop to recatch my breath and I'm vaguely young and fit (ish) so I can quite easily understand how an more elderly / unfit person maybe wouldn't feel like that. And I'm not trying to OVER dramatise things either there btw as IF omicron is a lesser form of things then I'm all for the lets open up and get on with it style of view.

But it IS smart IMHO that governments are taking a more cautious approach just now until we know what we're dealing with, not even just from a health point of view but also from various supply chains breaking down by people being off / infecting other people so easily and quickly ( IF) that turns out to be the case. But if it's not then yeah, open up and be damned I say too - once we know what we're dealing with.