Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

Liked

Re: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

"Goodboys, Niceboys, Winners and Eros - plus say, 2 massage places like the old All of Me and a couple of beer bars"

Goodboys. A go go bar in alll but name and the most underrated entertainment establishment ever. Lots of beautiful straight boys lined up.
    Go in.
    Sit down.
    Get drink.
    Call boy over..
    Pull down his pants.
    Have fun.

Easier than a Delia recipe for toast..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    And a nail salon next to a hair salon manned by young and healthy males.
    and don't forget the walking stick and zimmer frame emporium
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    and don't forget the walking stick and zimmer frame emporium
    Good idea, first try one in the Complex!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    That may not work because both areas cater to different tastes.
    Outlet stores sell a very wide range merchandise for different tastes, be it shoes, clothes, etc...

The idea is that owners can offer customers drinks at a reduced rate (take Winner as an example) and bars can profit from each other's customers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Older hands will recall that Sunee barely existed as a gay area before 1997...
    My first visit to Sunee was in the lates 1980's. At that time the gay activity was frantic at night.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What bars were there? I recall Crazy Boys (not to be confused with the Krazy Boys host bar) and I know of, but never visited, Boys' Studio in Day/Night, which had, I believe, a number of other facilities....is this the area to which you refer? I suspect that what we call Sunee wasn't even built ....but I stand to be corrected.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What bars were there? I recall Crazy Boys (not to be confused with the Krazy Boys host bar) and I know of, but never visited, Boys' Studio in Day/Night, which had, I believe, a number of other facilities....is this the area to which you refer? I suspect that what we call Sunee wasn't even built ....but I stand to be corrected.
    My first visit to Sunee was in 1998, and I believe it had been in operation for at least a few years prior to that first visit.

I think you're referring to Crazy Pub - the predecessor of Krazy Dragon, which, from what I understand was the first boy gogo in Sunee.

The other establishments I remember being in Sunee at the time were as follows (foggy memory at best):

Violet House (still standing), Sportsman's Bar (predecessor of Corner Bar - then Double Shot), Green Chairs Snooker Bar (name?), Monty's Cafe' Bar (quasi gogo, with boys dancing naked on small wooden tables when Monty got drunk), Euro Boys Gogo, Pioneer Club, Sammy's Bar, Boy E-San Bar, Redgy's Place, Amigo Pub (second Gogo in Sunee with very young dancers), Spot Light Disco (similar style as Eros), Banana's Boy Club.

I believe (but could be wrong) that Top Man Show Bar, KAOS Gogo, Sundance Gogo, K-Boys Gogo (predecessor of Nice Boys), Mic My Gogo (predecessor of Power Boys), and the original Memories Bar, all opened up a few years later.

Those were the days!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You forgot Nok Nok, the first Sunee go go bar I visited in '97 or 98. A vast, cavernous space, situated near to where Krazy was soon operating. All Boys, a hundred yards away up Soi Yensabai, was also around. A very odd place, where the guys merely stood on a stage and chatted. A bit like what later became known as "go go dancing"!

One way to conclude the "when did Sunee start-up" discussion would be to look at the gay guides of the time. Only Crazy appears in my 1994 version of the guide by Michael Notcutt. I'm sticking to my view that Sunee was not a bustling centre for gay visitors until the mid-90s. The guide refers to it as being mainly patronised by locals.

Liked

One way to conclude the "when did Sunee start-up" discussion would be to look at the gay guides of the time. Only Crazy appears in my 1994 version of the guide by Michael Notcutt. I'm sticking to my view that Sunee was not a bustling centre for gay visitors until the mid-90s. The guide refers to it as being mainly patronised by locals.
    Yes, Thai Scene 1997 (post-Notcutt) lists Crazy Boys but at "Second Road behind old Day & Night bazaar", not in Sunee, and there is no mention of Sunee at all. There's no mention of either Crazy or Sunee in my Notcutt dated 1994 (but we may have different editions despite the same dates).

The first reference to Sunee in the copies I have of "The Men of Thailand" is the 6th edition (1997), where Crazy Pub & Disco is listed at 273/66 Soi Sunee Plaza. 15 Boys Club is listed in both 1997 guides on (of course!) soi 15, so nearly-but-not-quite Sunee. TMOT 7th edition (1999) has a section for Sunee, including Bad Boys, Blue House, Crazy, Kaos and Pattaya Bar. It also lists some bars in soi 14 and 15 and Day-NIght Plaza .

10. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (December 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm sticking to my view that Sunee was not a bustling centre for gay visitors until the mid-90s.
    According to Wikipedia, Crazy pub was the first gay bar in Sunee Plaza and opened in 1996.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunee_Plaza

12. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (December 10th, 2021)